Login

russian armor

Resurrecting the old vet grenadier ability

30 Dec 2019, 09:50 AM

So anyone still remember the BSOP elite troops ability that let you get vet3 grens (how could you not). Right, I'm talking about resurrecting that.

Now hold on, before you guys ready your pitch forks and panzerschreks hear me out.

Now we are going to need to change it slightly,
First let's make the ability non doc
then instead of making the ability grant 3 levels of vet for resources it grants 1 level of vet for resources.
Secondly tying this to building T4 would be nice(maybe if possible something from t4 bust be purchased like panther, brumbar, werfer).

Why am I suggesting this.
1. It was a cool and different but totaly BSOP ability.
2. It adds the whole coh1 wehrmacht nostalgia to it.
3. Also T4 sucks.
30 Dec 2019, 10:11 AM

Isn't it a bit early for April 1st?
30 Dec 2019, 11:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2019, 10:11 AMKatitof
Isn't it a bit early for April 1st?
Should have waited 4 months 1 day. Got too impatient.
30 Dec 2019, 13:54 PM

A good solution might be to use it as an "upgrade" for certain infantry squads. For example, make it 2CP and cost of 80 Ammo and grens get some permanent increased sightrange and accuracy bonuses
30 Dec 2019, 14:18 PM

Since USF crew get Elite veteran crews one could make a similar ability available for the "elite" replacing the S.TR. who have little reason to be in the doctrine in the first place.

Bonus could include a number of thing like extra vet level and/or faster XP gain.

Then one could redesign them to be 5 men infiltration/scout unit.
30 Dec 2019, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2019, 14:18 PMVipper
Since USF crew get Elite veteran crews one could make a similar ability available for the "elite" replacing the S.TR. who have little reason to be in the doctrine in the first place.

Bonus could include a number of thing like extra vet level and/or faster XP gain.

Ah yes, the Stormtroopers that are so problematic they need a redesign. They're also not elite troops apparently.
30 Dec 2019, 15:20 PM

The ability was removed in the first place because Relic decided it didn't like resource or veterancy manipulation without counterplay any more and removed every commander ability that did that.

Rifle Company, Ostruppen Doctrine, Firestorm Doctrine, Elite Troops Doctrine and Soviet Industry were all hit.
30 Dec 2019, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2019, 14:18 PMVipper

Buddy, A 5 man vet3 g43 Stormtrooper is like a vet3 Ranger squad with 4 BARs. The exception is BAR have a dip in mid range where as the g43(the g43 is like 15% stronger from range 10-16) does not. You can understand how strong that would be right? No cqc squad can charge them and win.(YOU KNOW WHEN SHOCKS CANT JUST CHARGE IN AND WIN YOUR THOUGH SHIT).
30 Dec 2019, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2019, 15:20 PMLago
The ability was removed in the first place because Relic decided it didn't like resource or veterancy manipulation without counterplay any more and removed every commander ability that did that.

Rifle Company, Ostruppen Doctrine, Firestorm Doctrine, Elite Troops Doctrine and Soviet Industry were all hit.
Yet veterancy manipulation was reintroduced with elite armor...
30 Dec 2019, 15:42 PM

Ah yes, the Stormtroopers that are so problematic they need a redesign. They're also not elite troops apparently.

Lets be real they are nothing special. Like 0 cp 280 mp units murder them(just to be clear i'm talking about ass grens here). They are OK but elite ehhh... like if you really want to call em that sure why not.
30 Dec 2019, 15:44 PM

They are an infiltration unit and should be designed as unit that operates behind enemy lines so they can be as elite as Partisans.

There is reason why they where only available to encirclement doctrine. Feel free debate weather they are "elite" but quite simply they where not include in the original "elite" commander.

Buddy...

read more carefully I wrote the should be removed from the commander and then they do not have accesses to G43 (and they get 3 not 4)...
30 Dec 2019, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2019, 15:20 PMLago

Just wanted it for coh1 nostalgia factor and nothing else. You don't have to take this srsly.
30 Dec 2019, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2019, 15:44 PMVipper

They are an infiltration unit and should be designed as unit that operates behind enemy lines so they can be as elite as Partisans.

You wanna redesign a successful unit that many people use into a failed unit that nobody uses?

Kind reminder that there won’t be many patches until support ends, so there’s no nerfing everything in the horizon like you want. Only units in desperate need of redesigning will be given that.

Lets be real they are nothing special. Like 0 cp 280 mp units murder them(just to be clear i'm talking about ass grens here). They are OK but elite ehhh... like if you really want to call em that sure why not.

Just because you can’t use them to their full potential doesn’t make them bad lol
30 Dec 2019, 16:00 PM

Just because you can’t use them to their full potential doesn’t make them bad lol

I never said they were bad. Just said they weren't anything special.
30 Dec 2019, 18:11 PM

You wanna redesign a successful unit that many people use into a failed unit that nobody uses?

Kind reminder that there won’t be many patches until support ends, so there’s no nerfing everything in the horizon like you want. Only units in desperate need of redesigning will be given that.

Are you member or Relic or the MOD team? If you are not, stop pretending that you are. And for your information many of my suggestions have actually made into to the game.

And for your information the "successful unit" you claim was only built once in the tournament (although available 3 games) making one of the least build infatry so it is not that "successful".

Happy Holidays.
30 Dec 2019, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2019, 18:11 PMVipper
Happy Holidays.

Happy holidays :)
30 Dec 2019, 21:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2019, 15:38 PMVipper
Yet veterancy manipulation was reintroduced with elite armor...

Help me out here, I don't remember this/know what it refers too

Talking about Armor Company vehicle crews? Vetting up faster =/= the manipulation Relic was talking about imo. Otherwise they would of gotten rid of the various bulletins that do it too

7 man cons also get vet speed bonus. I think Tiger ACE is most similar example to vet manipulation they were talking about.. Spawning a unit that already has vet

I guess they're okay with Tiger ACE because its endgame unit and at least its only vet 1 now
31 Dec 2019, 00:19 AM

Oh boy. Instant medkits.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight