Login

russian armor

New Tightrope tips - i look at LMG grens

29 Dec 2019, 05:45 AM

At the 8:15 mark.

He covers more, but since i play Wehr, i like to point out how overhype the LMG upgrade, and now as shown in breakdown form.

Totally terrible against green cover, useless against retreating squads, not able to play aggressive.

Something about its targetting and slow arc as was pointed out by other posters.

I mean it has its uses early games, but the throw away comments by Allies posters as if it is OP. No way imo.

[youtube]ngDHMRW4YDs?t=498[/youtube]
29 Dec 2019, 08:40 AM

Imagine having an upgrade that makes grens better on the move wiping.

Oh wait there's two.
29 Dec 2019, 08:43 AM

Just use G43s.

If mg42s used the hipfire posture all the time but still couldn't fire on the move they'd be much less "spin around uselessly" at close range" and would be much better
29 Dec 2019, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2019, 05:45 AMmrgame2

Totally terrible against green cover, useless against retreating squads, not able to play aggressive.

Something about its targetting and slow arc as was pointed out by other posters.

Guess what, grens supposed to be standart defensive infantry (as cons). Hence all veterancy changes like last one(-20% explosive damage on vet3 to make them even more tougher to dispatch via arty spam and tanks) and upgrades(like ambush camo and mg42).

Grens with MG are to sit in front of VP and wait, grens with g43's and pgrens are to rush the living Hell outta Maxim's and other useless teamweapons.

Concept was alive and well-working until western armies hit the game and balance like a ton of bricks and all went straight to OstFront. Then we had universal Rifle squad, volksblob with shreks and all other funny stuff.
29 Dec 2019, 09:41 AM

He covers more, but since i play Wehr, i like to point out how overhype the LMG upgrade, and now as shown in breakdown form.

Maybe if you sat through it all or not be one faction 4v4 hero you would notice the grass isn't always greener?

First part, like literally any other weapon in game except OKW JLI G43, IR STGs and sniper weapons.
Second part, like every other non CQC small arms in game.
Third part, its a defensive infantry, not to the point of tommies, but if UKF can attack with weaker infantry, maybe you should start taking some notes.

All infantry LMGs have to wait, pick a target and don't instantly shoot at new target, exception being elite squads who can shoot them on the move.

I mean it has its uses early games, but the throw away comments by Allies posters as if it is OP. No way imo.

You are the first one in ages to use "LMG" and "OP" in same sentence.
You don't see that phrase more, because we don't have thekingsown or your equivalent on allied side on .org.

If there only was an alternative that suits your needs.
Oh wait, there are 2.
And LMG is fine.
29 Dec 2019, 10:00 AM

If you don’t like it then don’t use it. 5man Grens are on a free commander.
29 Dec 2019, 12:14 PM

If you don’t like it then don’t use it. 5man Grens are on a free commander.

But don't 5 man grens gets their ass kicked by bar riflemen???
29 Dec 2019, 14:28 PM

[youtube]ngDHMRW4YDs?t=498[/youtube]

I don't see how this is any different than LMGs on Tommies or Riflemen. At least Grens have a long range grenade that works well together with a long range LMG.
29 Dec 2019, 15:26 PM

But don't 5 man grens gets their ass kicked by bar riflemen???

A more expensive unit deals with less expensive unit of same role.

What's your point?
29 Dec 2019, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2019, 15:26 PMKatitof

A more expensive unit deals with less expensive unit of same role.

What's your point?

LMG grens don't get their asses completely kicked by bar riflemen. (if you missed the point)
29 Dec 2019, 19:06 PM

LMG grens don't get their asses completely kicked by bar riflemen. (if you missed the point)

Only if USF player is afk.
And I'm quite positive LMG rifles kick grens asses completely, so do dual bar rifles.
29 Dec 2019, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2019, 19:06 PMKatitof

Only if USF player is afk.
And I'm quite positive LMG rifles kick grens asses completely, so do dual bar rifles.
against vet 3 lmg green no. Against anything less yes.
30 Dec 2019, 16:32 PM

another axis fan boy whining post?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight