Login

russian armor

Why people complain about falls and not 2x bren mandos

28 Dec 2019, 10:21 AM

A lot of people complain about falls but forgets that 2x lmg mandos exist. Who undoubtedly are better at all ranges + their fighting against squads with lower model counts and lower per model ra. It cant just be about the faust right??
28 Dec 2019, 10:26 AM

You are the 2nd person right after vipper who actually talks seriously about that.

Literally no one else ever uses them that way, regardless of rank or game mode, because it makes them weaker at their intended role and its strong exclusively on paper.
28 Dec 2019, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2019, 10:26 AMKatitof
You are the 2nd person right after vipper who actually talks seriously about that.

Literally no one else ever uses them that way, regardless of rank or game mode, because it makes them weaker at their intended role and its strong exclusively on paper.

But cant they still destroy p grens from short?
28 Dec 2019, 10:33 AM

But cant they still destroy p grens from short?

What positions?
Who approaches who?
Ambush on?
What vet?
Nades used?
Cover?

There is no black and white scenario in coh2 and void tests are just that - void tests with no translation to actual gameplay use of units.
28 Dec 2019, 10:50 AM

I used comms with double brens, they good, but you also need keep in mind - if you want use their brens with max effectivnes, you should open fire not from close distance. In this case, comms with brens, just more stronger and expensive tommies. You have stealth and nades, but regular tommies will be much cheapier for you.
Complain about falls - in falls doc you have Papa Faterland ability, that makes them very, very powerfull. Long range stealth squad with first strike bonus and boosted accuracy with sprint. Also don't forget about fausts, comms don't have fausts.
In fact, comms with brens good, if you don't want bother yourself by micro-tasks with ambush. But if you microing well, comms without brens much better as ambush squad.
28 Dec 2019, 10:51 AM

I tried using them and I wasn’t impressed. I’d rather save on manpower and go heavy sappers with an extra Bren. Way better on the economy, more affordable, and lets me pick royal engineer regiment to get that OP af AVRE.
28 Dec 2019, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2019, 10:33 AMKatitof

What positions?
Who approaches who?
Ambush on?
What vet?
Nades used?
Cover?

There is no black and white scenario in coh2 and void tests are just that - void tests with no translation to actual gameplay use of units.

it's a simple question m8? you don't need to make it sound more complicated than it needs to be. I mean lmg grens with jager ambush is quite good don't see why 2x lmg mandos be any worse of and if they can still beat pg from close in they are effectively as usefull without the upgrade + they can still fire on the move with it.

But that not what the point of the post is. Why do people have problems with falls but not with 2x lmg mandos. Is it the faust??? Is it as simple as that?? I know you dont see lmg mandos often (Honestly i have never seen one myself ever both playing allies or axis tbh).
28 Dec 2019, 10:55 AM

I tried using them and I wasn’t impressed. I’d rather save on manpower and go heavy sappers with an extra Bren. Way better on the economy, more affordable, and lets me pick royal engineer regiment to get that OP af AVRE.

Not to the point of my question but still insightful.
28 Dec 2019, 11:04 AM

Not to the point of my question but still insightful.

It IS the point of your question. Bren Commandos are not worth it strategically. You can get budget friendly heavy sappers to do the same thing and save on mp and doctrine pick.
28 Dec 2019, 11:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Why do people have problems with falls but not with 2x lmg mandos. Is it the faust???

That detective, is the right question. Program terminated.
28 Dec 2019, 12:20 PM

falls can do damage all range but bren mando is not

cost : bren+mando >>> falls

snare : commando dont have snare, falls have faust

timing : falls(2cp) >>>>>> mandos(3cp) and falls are very easy to use but mando must fight in close range

Do you have another complaint, Mr.OKW?
28 Dec 2019, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2019, 12:20 PMblancat
falls can do damage all range but bren mando is not

cost : bren+mando >>> falls

snare : commando dont have snare, falls have faust

timing : falls(2cp) >>>>>> mandos(3cp) and falls are very easy to use but mando must fight in close range

Do you have another complaint, Mr.OKW?

OK, so what???? Just because something is more costly and comes later in timing doesn't mean that it's above complaining. Like people can't stop saying how the OKW p4 is sooo much better than everything and it's bs.
28 Dec 2019, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2019, 10:26 AMKatitof

Happy holidays
28 Dec 2019, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2019, 12:54 PMVipper

Happy holidays

Likewise
28 Dec 2019, 13:31 PM

Yes. It's the faust.

More specifically, it's the combination of high CQC firepower, cloaking and the faust. That combination gives you no hard counter until medium armour.

That made them about as popular as snipers.
28 Dec 2019, 17:26 PM

Also a lot of people are overlooking the commandos greatest weakness: they are in the worst faction in the game ;)

Hyperbole of course but I don't think the UKF could withstand any more nerfs in their current state.
28 Dec 2019, 18:25 PM

I do use 2 bren commandos because they are less micro intensive, they do quite good in that setup but it isn't theirs full power.

There's trade off, you have to invest in tech and spend muni to buy the bren, sacrifice close dps. Fall come as a complete package just like that.
28 Dec 2019, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2019, 17:26 PMGrim
Also a lot of people are overlooking the commandos greatest weakness: they are in the worst faction in the game ;)

Hyperbole of course but I don't think the UKF could withstand any more nerfs in their current state.

UKF are not the worst faction. People just got used to how op sections were and are unable cope with this change.
28 Dec 2019, 18:44 PM

I do use 2 bren commandos because they are less micro intensive, they do quite good in that setup but it isn't theirs full power.

There's trade off, you have to invest in tech and spend muni to buy the bren, sacrifice close dps. Fall come as a complete package just like that.

how much cqc damage you wnat m8. you are already facing squads with less ra and total models count and lower cqc damage.
28 Dec 2019, 19:06 PM

UKF are not the worst faction. People just got used to how op sections were and are unable cope with this change.

UKF is easily the worst faction and has been for years. That's rarely a controversial statement outside the most hardcore of faction one-tricks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
unknown 22
Mexico 13
Germany 887

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %