Login

russian armor

Obsolete Veterancies, LMG42 Gren discrepancy

26 Dec 2019, 21:10 PM

The LMG42 Grenadier squad (grenadier_squad_mg42lmg_mp) that is called in inside of a 250 halftrack in the Mechanized Grenadier Group ability still uses the old 0.77 received accuracy modifier for vet 3 instead of the current 0.8 reduced damage modifier.

On the topic of veterancy, I also think the obsolete 25% ability range and 25% recharge bonuses to vet 3 riflemen (such as the smoke grenade they no longer get and the extra-vet smoke grenade they no longer get) should instead apply to the Rifle Company "Fire Up" (current recharge time 40 seconds), Rifle Company Riflemen flares (current recharge time 30 seconds, range 50 so probably no added range there), and/or the Urban Assault Company incendiary grenade (current recharge time 30 seconds, range 15).

On the ostheer side again, the artillery officer's old victor target ability 40% range increase at vet 2 could/should be transferred to his heavy mortar barrage ability (range 35)

These changes would be very good QOL fixes and make these unique doctrinal bonuses more accessible. With regard to the mechanized grenadiers it would also be an important normalization change.
26 Dec 2019, 21:53 PM

Good opportunity to replace the LMG Grenadier group with a 250/1 HT buildable from HQ like in German inf doctrine.
26 Dec 2019, 21:56 PM

Good opportunity to replace the LMG Grenadier group with a 250/1 HT buildable from HQ like in German inf doctrine.

This.
26 Dec 2019, 22:41 PM

I agree, same for the panzergren one in the mechanized assault doc. Since you can get panzergrens faster and cheaper via normal building the bundle is obselete.
27 Dec 2019, 00:10 AM

Yup, building the 250/1 allows rushing the ostheer clown car which is a very strong strategy, significantly improving both commanders, while Mechanized could then receive the 250/7 mortar HT as well which would also improve the commander hopefully into relevancy while perfectly fitting the theme.
27 Dec 2019, 00:54 AM

Yup, building the 250/1 allows rushing the ostheer clown car which is a very strong strategy, significantly improving both commanders, while Mechanized could then receive the 250/7 mortar HT as well which would also improve the commander hopefully into relevancy while perfectly fitting the theme.

I think making a mortar a upgrade for the normal 250 might also be a good idea. For lets say 70 muni you can upgrade the 250/1 to the 250/7 kind of like the halftrack in coh1 with the stuka su fuss. Of course this would change the normal 250/7's in other doctrines into 250/1's this would give whermacht early game flexibility. On the other hand it might be OP tho, so I don't know.
27 Dec 2019, 01:33 AM

I think making a mortar a upgrade for the normal 250 might also be a good idea. For lets say 70 muni you can upgrade the 250/1 to the 250/7 kind of like the halftrack in coh1 with the stuka su fuss. Of course this would change the normal 250/7's in other doctrines into 250/1's this would give whermacht early game flexibility. On the other hand it might be OP tho, so I don't know.

This would be really interesting. I'm not sure if it's viable but this would make a lot of doctrines very appealing.
27 Dec 2019, 01:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2019, 01:33 AMFarlion

This would be really interesting. I'm not sure if it's viable but this would make a lot of doctrines very appealing.

If I where to play devils advocate on the idea I would that halftrack clowncar play usually ends sooner or later into a destroyed halftrack so the player would have to show a lot of restraint to keep it alive for long enough.

Also both of the units would not be able to be used at the same time since the mortar would lock out the transport capability just like with the soviet M5 halftrack. Also 70muni in this case is a significant investment that can be lost relatively easily due to the fragility of the halftrack.

I one wanted to go into thematic reasons for this upgrade one could argue that for what is supposed to be one the armies with higher levels of mechanized infantry (compared to sov and brit) it shows this very rarely ingame. I know this is a dubious point because gameplay always comes first.

I understand if this idea would be too intensive to implement so late in the cycle but I think it is a neat idea that be could explored further.
27 Dec 2019, 03:58 AM

Cool idea. Wish some of the other vanilla ost doctrines received the same treatment as German Infantry.
23 Jan 2020, 20:35 PM

I realize this thread is now old, but has the LMG42 Gren squad vet been fixed? I don't see it in the mod changelog.

Don't want to make a new thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 30
Germany 305

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %