Login

russian armor

A simple buff for stormtrooper mp40

26 Dec 2019, 01:56 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

nope. That happened a while ago. It made me kinda loose faith in storms though. What made me whant to see them buffed is this.

https://imgur.com/a/vVjym1j

Oh yeah, I remember that post. The graphs are wrong.
26 Dec 2019, 06:14 AM

Oh yeah, I remember that post. The graphs are wrong.

These are data taken from the games files. Even the abilities which are a pain to figure out. If you could tell me where I went wrong please tell me I would appreciate it.
26 Dec 2019, 06:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2019, 22:36 PMVipper
Actually ST need to become 5 men squads keeping the DPS the same or lowering a bit and getting better sight radius.
that might be super op though. Imagine 5 man ST with 3 g43. Yikes.
26 Dec 2019, 06:29 AM

The only gripe I've ever had since they were given mp40s is that tactical assault was gutted as the mp40's midrange dps is terrible compared to the stg. Most players just retreat when u use the ability which means the unit takes little damage after the unit retreats past 10 range. StGs provided a much more respectable window for decent dps vs retreating units. Meanwhile, stormtroopers get plenty of penalties while on tactical assault - Larger RA and slower movement.

It's not mid range it's more like the long range. In game mechanics wise a lot of smgs like storm mp 40, shock posh don't technically fire any shots beyond range 20. Rof*burst is less than 1 shot(s) meaning no shots. So tactical advance can't actually do damage. For stg it was 3 shots at max range.
26 Dec 2019, 13:07 PM

that might be super op though. Imagine 5 man ST with 3 g43. Yikes.

The G43 upgrade is not S.Tr. problem but a separate issue of the jager upgrade.
First of all the ST have little reason to be in "Elite" commander anyway.
Second there is little reason to give g43 to S.Tr or even Pgs since the ability is not even called G43 so these unit could get different bonuses.
26 Dec 2019, 18:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

These are data taken from the games files. Even the abilities which are a pain to figure out. If you could tell me where I went wrong please tell me I would appreciate it.

It looks like you used the moving DPS for mp40 + tactical advance, but the stationary DPS for thompsons + tactical movement, if I had to guess. The 150% increased (so a 2.5 times multiplier) burst duration alone would do more than the ~30% DPS increase seen in the mp40 graph.
27 Dec 2019, 03:27 AM

It looks like you used the moving DPS for mp40 + tactical advance, but the stationary DPS for thompsons + tactical movement, if I had to guess. The 150% increased (so a 2.5 times multiplier) burst duration alone would do more than the ~30% DPS increase seen in the mp40 graph.

Both the mp40 and Thompson are stationary. The moving+tactical advance dps is around 10% higher(than the one shown, you are correct that it would grant ~30% gain) at close and quite a bit higher at medium.
27 Dec 2019, 03:49 AM

It's not mid range it's more like the long range. In game mechanics wise a lot of smgs like storm mp 40, shock posh don't technically fire any shots beyond range 20. Rof*burst is less than 1 shot(s) meaning no shots. So tactical advance can't actually do damage. For stg it was 3 shots at max range.

To my knowledge burst will always fire at least one shot (basically shot/frame "0")
27 Dec 2019, 04:57 AM

To my knowledge burst will always fire at least one shot (basically shot/frame "0")

Sadly auto's don't fire a shot if the burst x rof < 0.5 . You notice that an entire squad of shocks fires like 5/7(only firing on max burst rolls) rounds at max range before their reload cycle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS