Login

russian armor

Light tanks pop cap increase?

25 Dec 2019, 12:28 PM

30% rate of fire increase might as well be swapping out mosins with other guns with how much better it is.

You do realize that is 10% increase of DPS at close range and 20% dps increase at far range in cover?
And con dps isn't all that great in the first place, so you're getting 20% boost to 7-11 DPS depending on vet.

Single gren LMG provides 4 times the DPS boost at long range this upgrade does.
25 Dec 2019, 12:55 PM

30% rate of fire increase might as well be swapping out mosins with other guns with how much better it is.

Only in cover. And it's still nowhere near the DPS increase that STG 44s/LMG 42/2x BAR/2x Brens give, so the bonus XP gain is still justified. Is the complete package slightly overperforming in terms of efficiency? I'd say over time it has proven so, but the XP gain bonus is not a part of that problem.
25 Dec 2019, 13:02 PM

Only in cover. And it's still nowhere near the DPS increase that STG 44s/LMG 42/2x BAR/2x Brens give, so the bonus XP gain is still justified. Is the complete package slightly overperforming in terms of efficiency? I'd say over time it has proven so, but the XP gain bonus is not a part of that problem.

Well the complaint by everyone is that the late game soviet mp economy is too efficient. Reducing xp gain on vet and new conscripts, thereby reducing field presence and increasing bleeding, and making reinforce costs 4mp more per model is a direct slight nerf to that overperforming mp economy.
25 Dec 2019, 13:05 PM

Well the complaint by everyone is that the late game soviet mp economy is too efficient. Reducing xp gain on vet and new conscripts, thereby reducing field presence and increasing bleeding, and making reinforce costs 4mp more per model is a direct slight nerf to that overperforming mp economy.

Outside of vipper, who is that everyone you speak of?

The upgrade is designed to allow cons to win attrition battle and it does exactly that.
Don't bring exclusively small arms against them and they'll bleed just as any other squad, just not as cripplingly as they used to.

Other units inflict bleed by having better weapons and weapons upgrades.
Cons mitigate it by being durable and cheaper to reinforce.

Upgrade works exactly how its supposed to work by providing the above and a way to actually scale/be useful in late game.
25 Dec 2019, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2019, 13:05 PMKatitof

Outside of vipper, who is that everyone you speak of?

The upgrade is designed to allow cons to win attrition battle and it does exactly that.
Don't bring exclusively small arms against them and they'll bleed just as any other squad, just not as cripplingly as they used to.

Other units inflict bleed by having better weapons and weapons upgrades.
Cons mitigate it by being durable and cheaper to reinforce.

Upgrade works exactly how its supposed to work by providing the above and a way to actually scale/be useful in late game.

Happy reading

https://www.coh2.org/topic/102871/state-of-the-soviets
25 Dec 2019, 13:09 PM

Reducing xp gain on vet and new conscripts, thereby reducing field presence and increasing bleeding, and making reinforce costs 4mp more per model is a direct slight nerf to that overperforming mp economy.

Not sure how you'd qualify an increase of 4mp per reinforced model as a "slight" nerf. That'd be more than what they cost to reinforce without the upgrade.
25 Dec 2019, 13:12 PM

I am not sure why you think that vet 0 lmg Grenadier will have an easier time vetting vs vet3 Penal/7men conscripts/Double bar riflemen/Double bren 5 men sections.

I am not sure that "slightly" is the correct term here.
25 Dec 2019, 13:15 PM

Happy reading

https://www.coh2.org/topic/102871/state-of-the-soviets

Ok.
Done.

So, outside of vipper, you and a player who got 50 soviet games in total, having about 1/3 of total mp games that I have, who exactly is that "everyone"?
25 Dec 2019, 13:18 PM

Not sure how you'd qualify an increase of 4mp per reinforced model as a "slight" nerf. That'd be more than what they cost to reinforce without the upgrade.

Isn’t it 21mp originally as 6 men? If not make it whatever is is as 6 men. Basically don’t lower reinforce cost when they upgrade.
25 Dec 2019, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2019, 13:12 PMVipper
I am not sure why you think that vet 0 lmg Grenadier will have an easier time vetting vs vet3 Penal/7men conscripts/Double bar riflemen/Double bren 5 men sections.

I'm quite sure vet 0 Cons even with the 7 men upgrade will struggle harder versus vet 3 LMG Grens or vet 5 STG44 Volks than vet 0 LMG Grens will against vetted and upgraded Allied units. LMG Grens can use their ranged DPS advantage to take more favourable engagements, while Cons can not. The small XP gain bonus helps even this out.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2019, 13:12 PMVipper
I am not sure that "slightly" is the correct term here.

I am. But feel free to disagree of course.

Isn’t it 21mp originally as 6 men? If not make it whatever is is as 6 men. Basically don’t lower reinforce cost when they upgrade.

They cost 20 to reinforce stock. And it goes down to 17 with the upgrade.
Discussing balance and suggesting changes would have a lot more weight if you'd actually bother to do some research to make sure you're using all the correct numbers rather than what seems to be just coming up with stuff on the spot.
25 Dec 2019, 13:25 PM

They cost 20 to reinforce stock. And it goes down to 17 with the upgrade.
Discussing balance and suggesting changes would have a lot more weight if you'd actually bother to do some research to make sure you're using all the correct numbers rather than what seems to be just coming up with stuff on the spot.

I was 1mp off lol, skip the lecturing.
25 Dec 2019, 13:32 PM

Other factions get weapons to kill more efficiently Cons get an upgrade to die more efficiently. Which is a fine example of asymmetric balance.
25 Dec 2019, 13:48 PM

I'm quite sure vet 0 Cons even with the 7 men upgrade will struggle harder versus vet 3 LMG Grens or vet 5 STG44 Volks than vet 0 LMG Grens will against vetted and upgraded Allied units.

The XP gain on its own is fine the whole package is problematic.

LMG Grens can use their ranged DPS advantage to take more favourable engagements, while Cons can not. The small XP gain bonus helps even this out.

That is a bit inaccurate LMG grenadier can only stay in heavy cover and wait for enemy units. If they enemy unit chooses to fight cover to cover the grenadier will bleed more if the enemy unit chooses to move in they will have to retreat causing minimum damage. You can check that in cheat MOD.

I wonder is if ShiphonX can provide data showing how many time grenadiers where produced to in late and if they even bother getting the LMG upgrade or they where just used for the faust and how many time conscripts where produced in latest tournament.

25 Dec 2019, 17:23 PM

Yeah lmg gren needs to play passive and defensive. It is fine if you are ahead. But even so, allies have a lot of options to flush wehr defensive plays.

That is before the mention of moving in enemey units.

In summary, wehr static plays are less favorable now, that vet0 lmg gren in late game is not as useful as vet0 7 man cons. imo
25 Dec 2019, 18:44 PM

People forgetting that Ost has 2 distinct infantry units? One is better at defending and one just got some great buffs making them more viable taking the fight to the enemy. I know it's hard to believe here but needing different units to fill different roles is a good design vs WFA 1 unit to do it all...
25 Dec 2019, 22:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think it's time to make a proper thread for Conscript 7 man upgrade instead of doing it in this one.

PD: unless OP wants me to change the title of this thread.

(LV pop? Nope this is a Cons 7 man thread)
26 Dec 2019, 05:15 AM

Die more efficiently, Comrade!
26 Dec 2019, 05:57 AM

People forgetting that Ost has 2 distinct infantry units? One is better at defending and one just got some great buffs making them more viable taking the fight to the enemy. I know it's hard to believe here but needing different units to fill different roles is a good design vs WFA 1 unit to do it all...

But we talked about vet0, lmg gren vs 7cons, late game performance

Nothing to do with pgren.

Imo 7cons is clearly better. Lmg has questionable uses against aggressive infantry. And i guess late games, somehow lmg gets even worse to bleed allies vet squads. Maybe its their vet bonus like RA or their higher dps to drop grens.

7cons is just buffed cons with fast vet too. Put them behind sandbag, they are so tricky to push away in 2v2
26 Dec 2019, 06:01 AM

I think it's time to make a proper thread for Conscript 7 man upgrade instead of doing it in this one.

PD: unless OP wants me to change the title of this thread.

(LV pop? Nope this is a Cons 7 man thread)

No i think this is fine as a notice about how allies lv are a bit too efficient in pop costs.

Increasing t70 pop +1 may not do anything for lv phase. But it helps to slightly constrict sov economy. Which they are too efficient now with the units getting stronger.

Like su85 is also cheaps

The adage of original intention, cheap to bleed, overwhelming in numbers. I think sov units need pop increase. So does usf.
26 Dec 2019, 09:24 AM

MrGame2 Thread creation pop cap 99/100
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight