Login

russian armor

Some questions about dps formula

20 Dec 2019, 17:35 PM

I have some questions about the DPS formula.

1. How does accuracy/cooldown/burst change with range?? Linearly?? or according to some other equation.

2. What is the shot per burst(SPB) when it is a float point value (e.g. 13.75)??

3. How does the compensation for the tick rate work?? Is the burst rounded/floored/ceiled??? And is the compensated value only used to calculate SPB or also the total time???

Can someone help me out here. It's kinda bugging me.

Let me use an example and those with the know correct me where I'm doing it wrong.

So from the new and updated Spreadsheet for the stg44 (panzer_grenadier_mp44_smg_mp, shocker i'm a axis fanboy)

Shot per sec(near)/sps is 5.118443316.
Now the the things (rld freq + 1) x burst(near) X rof(near) = 75.625
requiring 14.775 sec total time for the sps to match.
the avg reload is 3.15, avg burst(near) is 13.75, avg cooldown(near) 0.75, avg rld freq is 4.5.
so using 14.775 - 5.5*burst - 4.5*cooldown - reload = 0.6875
aim time(near, both ready aim and fire aim) is 0.0390625. which need to multiplied by 8.8 to be equal to 0.6875. Where did 8.8 come from or am i missing something.

For anyone who know can you kindly take time to explain this to.
And thanks in advance.
20 Dec 2019, 17:51 PM

1. How does accuracy/cooldown/burst change with range?? Linearly?? or according to some other equation.

As Far as I know

Most values have a min close mid far max value and changes linearly between them.

2. What is the shot per burst(SPB) when it is a float point value (e.g. 13.75)??

For automatic weapons it is the number of bullet fired before going into CD can be calculated by Burst duration*rate of fire.

3. How does the compensation for the tick rate work?? Is the burst rounded/floored/ceiled??? And is the compensated value only used to calculate SPB or also the total time???

Game generally uses 8 tick per second (0.125) and value are rounded to closest tick.

Can someone help me out here. It's kinda bugging me.

Let me use an example and those with the know correct me where I'm doing it wrong.

some info can be found here:
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/231279/a-guide-to-d-p-s-basics

in addition the Coh2 tools create a file with DPS for all weapons in game
20 Dec 2019, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2019, 17:51 PMVipper

As Far as I know
For automatic weapons it is the number of bullet fired before going into CD can be calculated by Burst duration*rate of fire.

Well that's what I'm asking what happens when Burst duration*rate of fire is a floating value like 13.75 (a real example would be 1.75*10=17.5). Is it considered 14 or 13 or kept as is.

And I saw the dps calculation thing to but my ones are still not even close.
20 Dec 2019, 18:24 PM

Well that's what I'm asking what happens when Burst duration*rate of fire is a floating value like 13.75 (a real example would be 1.75*10=17.5). Is it considered 14 or 13 or kept as is.

And I saw the dps calculation thing to but my ones are still not even close.

Since it represent shots fired I in game would have to guess that the game is rounding to closest number 14 in this case.

You have to keep in mind that there is difference between game mechanics and the "theoretical" value of Damage per second.
20 Dec 2019, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2019, 18:24 PMVipper

Since it represent shots fired I in game would have to guess that the game is rounding to closest number 14 in this case.

You have to keep in mind that there is difference between game mechanics and the "theoretical" value of Damage per second.

Ok, that makes sense. But can you point out where exactly in my calculation i was wrong.
20 Dec 2019, 19:40 PM

Ok, that makes sense. But can you point out where exactly in my calculation i was wrong.

I can not at this since I am busy. But you can compare with Relic file separating ROF and damage so that yo can pinpoint what you are doing wrong.

Calculate your ROF then chance Damage to 1 the Relic formula and you should be able to pin point you mistakes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 19
Germany 3
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %