Login

russian armor

Ban's details

19 Dec 2019, 15:18 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know how we can know about our ban when we are banned ? Its permaban or time ban ? If it's time ban how to know about length of it?
19 Dec 2019, 15:26 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hi. Just wanted to know how we can know about our ban when we are banned ? Its permaban or time ban ? If it's time ban how to know about length of it?

I think you know what you did.

If you have been banned, you should see a message when you try and access multiplayer informing you of your ban.
There is a bug where some people get a blank message/ screen instead of their ban message. This means you are banned.
If you have been banned, you have no course to ask about the reasons for you ban, or exactly how long said ban will be.
You can refer to the infractions detailed in the Community Code of Conduct to get an accurate picture of the length of your ban.
Bans are only handed out in cases of certainty, so you will know yourself the behaviors that you have been banned for.

Community Code of Conduct:
Sanctions
The following chart outlines some of the most common offenses and the corresponding sanction a user may incur. In most cases, sanctions can be defined as a ban from the community and/or in-game participation. In-game bans will result in a player no longer being able to participate in Company of Heroes 1 & 2 online play until the ban period has expired. The following guidelines are not always exact and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by Relic. Repeat offenses will scale severely, and a third infraction will always result in a permaban. These infractions can also be extended to any secondary account associated with a penalized player.

Offensive language / speech and general toxicity (insults, slurs etc.)
- 2 week ban to permaban (depending on context and for repeat offenders)

Griefing / Team Killing
- 2 week ban to permaban (for repeat offenders) NOTE - Accidental teamkilling is not an issue. This is deliberately targeting teammates bases and units in a prolonged attempt to ruin the game.

Bug or exploit abuse
- 4 week ban to permaban (for repeat offenders) NOTE - This related to a couple of very specific, and very intentional exploits. Players do not need to worrry about fringe items.

External hacks / cheat programs
- Instant permaban from ALL Relic games

Tournament cheating/ deception
- 6 months to Instant permaban (for repeat offenders)

Posting or broadcasting Relic’s confidential content

Users will be informed of bans via an in-game message or an alternative means of communication (as determined by Relic in its sole discretion).

We would like to remind you that by participating in the Company of Heroes online community and/or services, you agree to be bound by this Code of Conduct, any other applicable Relic terms and conditions and the terms of any third party where relevant (i.e. Steam, Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, forums, Battlefy, etc.).
19 Dec 2019, 15:53 PM

I think you know what you did.

If you have been banned, you should see a message when you try and access multiplayer informing you of your ban.
There is a bug where some people get a blank message/ screen instead of their ban message. This means you are banned.
If you have been banned, you have no course to ask about the reasons for you ban, or exactly how long said ban will be.
You can refer to the infractions detailed in the Community Code of Conduct to get an accurate picture of the length of your ban.
Bans are only handed out in cases of certainty, so you will know yourself the behaviors that you have been banned for.

Community Code of Conduct:
Sanctions
The following chart outlines some of the most common offenses and the corresponding sanction a user may incur. In most cases, sanctions can be defined as a ban from the community and/or in-game participation. In-game bans will result in a player no longer being able to participate in Company of Heroes 1 & 2 online play until the ban period has expired. The following guidelines are not always exact and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by Relic. Repeat offenses will scale severely, and a third infraction will always result in a permaban. These infractions can also be extended to any secondary account associated with a penalized player.

Offensive language / speech and general toxicity (insults, slurs etc.)
- 2 week ban to permaban (depending on context and for repeat offenders)

Griefing / Team Killing
- 2 week ban to permaban (for repeat offenders) NOTE - Accidental teamkilling is not an issue. This is deliberately targeting teammates bases and units in a prolonged attempt to ruin the game.

Bug or exploit abuse
- 4 week ban to permaban (for repeat offenders) NOTE - This related to a couple of very specific, and very intentional exploits. Players do not need to worrry about fringe items.

External hacks / cheat programs

Tournament cheating/ deception
- 6 months to Instant permaban (for repeat offenders)

Posting or broadcasting Relic’s confidential content

Users will be informed of bans via an in-game message or an alternative means of communication (as determined by Relic in its sole discretion).

We would like to remind you that by participating in the Company of Heroes online community and/or services, you agree to be bound by this Code of Conduct, any other applicable Relic terms and conditions and the terms of any third party where relevant (i.e. Steam, Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, forums, Battlefy, etc.).
Yes yes of course i know what i did.The answer is offensive language but im really sorry & want to know its length :( 2 weeks? 2 months? or forever (Permaban)?Tell me please Sturmpanther because i couldn't find my name in ban list :(
19 Dec 2019, 16:08 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Yes yes of course i know what i did.The answer is offensive language but im really sorry & want to know its length :( 2 weeks? 2 months? or forever (Permaban)?Tell me please Sturmpanther because i couldn't find my name in ban list :(

well then it will be probably 1 month
19 Dec 2019, 16:29 PM

well then it will be probably 1 month
Thanks a lot sturmpanther. I swear this will be my 1st and last ban because i will not insult any players in coh2 or any other video games anymore. Respecting is best way to be good humans. I remove my fascist steam profile picture & name right now too.
19 Dec 2019, 16:59 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Thanks a lot sturmpanther. I swear this will be my 1st and last ban because i will not insult any players in coh2 or any other video games anymore. Respecting is best way to be good humans. I remove my fascist steam profile picture & name right now too.

That could be it as well.
19 Dec 2019, 18:55 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

:thumb:
2 Jan 2020, 23:36 PM

Hi,
A friend of mine was banned for maybe having an offensive profile picture, Steam name and for using racist language in 1 instance in-game. Can people really get banned for the first 2 offenses?
Is there any way to figure out for how long he is banned? He would really like to know. Right now, we don't know the particular offense he was banned for.
I, personally, don't like it when companies force political correctness and a progressive agenda on their customers, especially when these customers operate completely within the law, but that's just my opinion and I don't want to argue with the moderators.
Kind regards and thanks in advance
2 Jan 2020, 23:42 PM

Hi,
A friend of mine was banned for maybe having an offensive profile picture, Steam name and for using racist language in 1 instance in-game. Can people really get banned for the first 2 offenses?
Is there any way to figure out for how long he is banned? He would really like to know. Right now, we don't know the particular offense he was banned for.
I, personally, don't like it when companies force political correctness and a progressive agenda on their customers, even when these customers operate completely within the law, but that's just my opinion and I don't want to argue with the moderators.

read 2nd post here. Specifically this part

I don't like the way relic are handling it via no communication, but that is their choice.
2 Jan 2020, 23:45 PM

Hi,
I, personally, don't like it when companies force political correctness and a progressive agenda on their customers, even when these customers operate completely within the law, but that's just my opinion and I don't want to argue with the moderators.

I mean even your name is "Jew Hunter". That could probably get you banned :thumbsup:
3 Jan 2020, 00:20 AM

I mean even your name is "Jew Hunter". That could probably get you banned :thumbsup:

It's roleplay. I mean no offense.

Does copy-pasting this once at the start of the match, when you see you are fighting Chinese players, get you banned?:

'动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门'
3 Jan 2020, 00:27 AM

It's roleplay. I mean no offense.

Although you may mean no offense, that doesn't mean it can't be offensive to others.
3 Jan 2020, 13:55 PM

I understand that you cannot tell my friend for how long he is banned. But If I tell you what he did, you might be able to give me an estimation of how long the ban could last (and if it's a permaban or just a temporary one).

Because the enemy had a lot of MG's, my friend got annoyed and called the enemy a 'low IQ nigger' and later a 'faggot'. We both understand that this was wrong and completely uncalled for, but he just got annoyed a little and let himself go.

There is also the possibility that he got banned because of his profile picture. It didn't have any gore or anything, but it's a cartoon of a crying jew getting gassed by an SS officer. It was just meant as an edgy joke, but he is obviously prepared to change this if it if it's the thing that got him banned.

I hope this didn't get my friend perma-banned. Is this a 2 week ban you think?

Thanks
3 Jan 2020, 17:47 PM

It says at the right at the top of this page, those actions would be a 2 week ban. So I would guess 2 weeks?
3 Jan 2020, 18:38 PM

It says at the right at the top of this page, those actions would be a 2 week ban. So I would guess 2 weeks?

That's probably the case. Unless he was banned for his profile picture/profile name. He would like to know why he was banned so he knows if he has to change those or not.
3 Jan 2020, 19:30 PM

He would like to know why he was banned so he knows if he has to change those or not.

I agree it should be noted how long the ban is for. But it took like 6 years for Relic to take control of the situation and actually post the rules. Before this recent change, you got banned for no apparent reason since there were no rules anywhere obvious. So I wont hold my breath on a ban timeout list :romeoMug:

Joking aside, Andy has been making steady strides as community manager to bring the game up to higher standards. So you never know, it could be posted anytime now.
3 Jan 2020, 23:38 PM

Хотелось бы получить информацию.
что это
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/786374500711307945/F4729DFFA91F309C392D593DED30C6A6F85D6324/

это бан или у меня сломан интернет?
если бан хотелось бы знать причину
с правилами ознакомлен и правил не нарушал

https://steamcommunity.com/id/BARS_J/
3 Jan 2020, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2020, 23:38 PMBARS.J
Хотелось бы получить информацию.
что это
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/786374500711307945/F4729DFFA91F309C392D593DED30C6A6F85D6324/

это бан или у меня сломан интернет?
если бан хотелось бы знать причину
с правилами ознакомлен и правил не нарушал

https://steamcommunity.com/id/BARS_J/

Translation:

'I would like to receive information as to what this means [blank message when joining lobby].

Is it ban or is my internet broken?
If it's a ban, I would like to know the reason.
I am acquainted with the rules and did not violate the rules.'
4 Jan 2020, 00:04 AM

Apparently it's really hard to play videogames nowadays without acting like an absolute cunt... on top of playing the victim afterwards :thumbsup:
4 Jan 2020, 00:36 AM

Apparently it's really hard to play videogames nowadays without acting like an absolute cunt... on top of playing the victim afterwards :thumbsup:

first, I would find out the reason and then draw conclusions
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS