Login

russian armor

Incendiary barrage for panzerwer

19 Dec 2019, 06:11 AM

Current out all the non doc rocket arty the Panzerwerfer is by far the most mediocre. despite coming in late compared both the katty and stuka (especially the STUKA) it lacks both the power and versatility of those 2 units. So can't we give the werefer a munition based ability to fire a volley of 5 incendiary rockets. This would give the werfer a bit more versatility as it allow it both work as area denial and alpha strike (both of which still be shit compared to stuka though).
19 Dec 2019, 06:14 AM

That’d be cool.

Unfortunately, incendiary rockets wore only deployed for the 32cm walking Stuka, not the 10cm panzerwerfer
19 Dec 2019, 07:12 AM

That’d be cool.

Unfortunately, incendiary rockets wore only deployed for the 32cm walking Stuka, not the 10cm panzerwerfer

Realism can go hell for game play sake. The the walking stuka in game dont fire 320mm rounds either, it fires 250mm rounds not that it matters. Hell the panther fire HE rounds and would on occasionally switch to high velocity rounds to kill tanks, so should we make the panther an all rounder too.
19 Dec 2019, 14:15 PM

I would reduce its maximum range, make it fire 1 or two fewer rockets and give it the same health and armour that the 251 has. That way its durable enough to let you play it near the frontlines. Bonus points if its MG could actually hurt infantry a bit.
19 Dec 2019, 14:28 PM

I would reduce its maximum range, make it fire 1 or two fewer rockets and give it the same health and armour that the 251 has. That way its durable enough to let you play it near the frontlines. Bonus points if its MG could actually hurt infantry a bit.

Assault werfer would be the dream.
19 Dec 2019, 15:19 PM

Realism can go hell for game play sake. The the walking stuka in game dont fire 320mm rounds either, it fires 250mm rounds not that it matters. Hell the panther fire HE rounds and would on occasionally switch to high velocity rounds to kill tanks, so should we make the panther an all rounder too.

Yeah, the HE rockets for the walking Stuka were smaller than the Incendiary rockets.

I would also like to screw realism and make PTRS rifles penetrate all tanks so Sov has some infantry AT
19 Dec 2019, 15:45 PM

Actually swapping the vet incendiary rounds with the HE default for Stuka makes allot more sense and would help balance the unit allot.

There are better solution for the Wefer.
19 Dec 2019, 16:08 PM

Yeah, the HE rockets for the walking Stuka were smaller than the Incendiary rockets.

I would also like to screw realism and make PTRS rifles penetrate all tanks so Sov has some infantry AT

I think you got it backwards. The PTRS was amazing vs the p4 and Panther (non skirted, btw 50 cals could shred p4's). In a sense it is screwing realism so kinda have you wish.
19 Dec 2019, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2019, 15:45 PMVipper

There are better solution for the Wefer.

Like what. And why then is the werfer still underwhelming.
19 Dec 2019, 16:49 PM

How does that help?

The problem with the Werfer is that's a completely underwhelming piece of rocket artillery. This doesn't help with that at all.
19 Dec 2019, 21:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2019, 16:49 PMFarlion

How does that help?

The problem with the Werfer is that's a completely underwhelming piece of rocket artillery. This doesn't help with that at all.

It makes it better at it's current job which is wiping squads. Even when using shift queues, it might get shot by whatever it is in the front. Having extra HP will make it as how resilient the old Stuka was.

Explaining the concept, i don't necessarily agree with it.
Vaz
20 Dec 2019, 00:45 AM

I don't think the panzerwerfer is weak at all. It's usually the one I can't dodge and kills all my vet troops.
20 Dec 2019, 04:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2019, 00:45 AMVaz
I don't think the panzerwerfer is weak at all. It's usually the one I can't dodge and kills all my vet troops.

One advise don't play as axis then, you'll probably loose everything to the katty.
20 Dec 2019, 06:05 AM

One advise don't play as axis then, you'll probably loose everything to the katty.

There's a delay between the Salvos. All of them don't hit at the same time. So infantry can retreat if Player is paying attention or get out of the way. Keep in mind for an effective Katy ine needs to go really close exposing to the risk of some Faust or a sneaky Raketen. From far the spread is too much and it is not that effective.
Werfer is the only rocket artillery whose rockets hit at the same time and actually pin the infantry too. So can't move out of the strike zone. I don't think Werfer is weak at all
21 Dec 2019, 03:20 AM

There's a delay between the Salvos. All of them don't hit at the same time. So infantry can retreat if Player is paying attention or get out of the way. Keep in mind for an effective Katy ine needs to go really close exposing to the risk of some Faust or a sneaky Raketen. From far the spread is too much and it is not that effective.
Werfer is the only rocket artillery whose rockets hit at the same time and actually pin the infantry too. So can't move out of the strike zone. I don't think Werfer is weak at all

Problem is, if you have a headset you will never get hit by the panzerwerfer as you hear it 5 seconds before impact, but if you don’t have a headset you have no chance to react to the rockets as they all hit at once.

Katy/Caliope come in 1.5 seconds at minimum range and 2.5 at long, which gives much less reaction time, and at close range they are very tight and so will be as effective at wiping single squads with the first volley as a Panzerwerfer is with 10, and since they cover the area for a long time they are just as effective at deterring blobs and much better at late game denying VPs.

The last point, the inability of axis rocket artillery to deny victory points, is what is most underwhelming to me. That is why a volleyed barrage for the panzerwerfer (5 volleys of 2) and the walking Stuka (rockets fired slowly) would greatly improve their usefulness late game a d make them less inconsistent without making them insta - wipe machines
21 Dec 2019, 11:30 AM

I dont get the katty is so much more powerfull notion. seems more axis up sentiment to me. the katty is not much better imo.

the spread of the katty is enmormus when fired from long range. meaning it needs to be really close to the front line if it wants to wipe anything at all.

it fires in volley,s meaning longer time for enemy to retreat and being exposed longer for the katty esp close to the front.

it basicly has no armour.

i agree the counter barrage doesnt do much for the pwerfer but the katty ability doesnt do much either.
21 Dec 2019, 16:47 PM

I dont get the katty is so much more powerfull notion. seems more axis up sentiment to me. the katty is not much better imo.

the spread of the katty is enmormus when fired from long range. meaning it needs to be really close to the front line if it wants to wipe anything at all.

it fires in volley,s meaning longer time for enemy to retreat and being exposed longer for the katty esp close to the front.

it basicly has no armour.

i agree the counter barrage doesnt do much for the pwerfer but the katty ability doesnt do much either.
The katty is more user friendly requires a little(or a lot) less skill to make it do good. And it's not axis up it's ost up.
21 Dec 2019, 17:12 PM

The katty is better at dealing with axis static play, than pwafer is against allies mobile infantry.

Somehow katty barrage is more deadly to okw structure now.
21 Dec 2019, 20:31 PM

The katty is more user friendly requires a little(or a lot) less skill to make it do good. And it's not axis up it's ost up.

It requires a lot or a lil rng to do good, its all over the place. imo skill has very little to do with it.

All the skill their is to the katty and the pwerfer is how close to the front do i put it before firing.
22 Dec 2019, 04:52 AM

I disagree with OP, werfer is anything but underwhelming. It does a surprise voley fire any katyusha user will dream of.

The issue may reside on the way you use it OP. But regardless of that stuka is very controversial as it is right now, dont use as an example for ideal rocket arty.

Some people, including myself think stuka should be revamped
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS