Login

russian armor

Bayeux and Novgorod Outskirts ruin 1v1

19 Dec 2019, 20:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'll keep the thread open for a few more days, but any feedback should be moved towards here:

https://www.coh2.org/forum/128/automatch-maps

A_E
19 Dec 2019, 20:49 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I have just realised that Novogorod contains the words "No good" in order!

What are people's thoughts on this?
19 Dec 2019, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2019, 20:49 PMA_E

I think AE is drunk.
19 Dec 2019, 21:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Snip

Visibility is an issue which is why i didn't lock the thread. But since this is something new, i'll rather it start as it should be.

In the same way Stage office used to have a higher (even if a little) standard that Central, i hope for any map related issue to be regarded in the same way there.

People will keep opening thread in wherever, but at least we can now re-direct them. Also it's not like this is a balance concern which needs a reply from other users but feedback for mappers mostly.
19 Dec 2019, 21:25 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Visibility is an issue which is why i didn't lock the thread. But since this is something new, i'll rather it start as it should be.

In the same way Stage office used to have a higher (even if a little) standard that Central, i hope for any map related issue to be regarded in the same way there.

People will keep opening thread in wherever, but at least we can now re-direct them. Also it's not like this is a balance concern which needs a reply from other users but feedback for mappers mostly.

Which is the point, I'll be improving that spot as time goes on, and monitoring it the best I can. Hopefully the people who actually want to help will have somewhere where they can, instead of getting lost in the sea of other discussions.
19 Dec 2019, 21:48 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2019, 00:58 AMRosbone

I'm surprised this was used. I can't even remember when and where I used that in context. :thumb:
19 Dec 2019, 21:49 PM

I think you are on to something. It is an example of next level mapping. Where even the name is a subliminal cue that alters ones psyche. Soon I will have my very own army of hypnotized COH2 players :luvCarrot:
19 Dec 2019, 21:50 PM

I'm surprised this was used. I can't even remember when and where I used that in context. :thumb:

Pepperidge Farms remembers...
20 Dec 2019, 02:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Good read! I will start working on an update, mainly focusing on the size.
21 Dec 2019, 04:41 AM

Here is the difference between the new map pool and the last generation:
Note: Crossroads Winter ignored to keep play percentages correct.

The difference between most played and least played map in the last gen is over 4%. The difference in the new pool is about 2.9%.

There are more maps in the new pool. So if we ignore the bottom maps and get to 12 maps like the last gen, the difference will become even smaller (Approx 2.75%).

This supports that the map pool overall is better and more well received by players.

This is a short time period and Bayeux/Novgorod were on a death spiral so maybe in the future the differences will be much larger? Hopefully we can address whatever issues those maps need and get balanced up. So if you care about fun balanced maps, please comment in the maps in the Workshop forum https://www.coh2.org/forum/128/automatch-maps
23 Dec 2019, 06:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2019, 13:58 PMA_E

Aren't you a Brits only player, you just basically tore apart the maps that benefit the factions that thrive on mobility and touted the best map for static range based play....

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198121057184

There are so many people that comment on 1v1 maps or balance that have horrendously biased view points but don't clarify their opinions when speaking. Like you know most of your experience comes from playing one faction, yet you don't clarify that?

So because I main a faction I am unable to give feedback on points of a map that outright break said faction? Ok :thumbsup:

I also forgot that sight blockers, out of the way cut offs and narrow access points to areas dont affect any other faction than UKF, sorry my bad.
24 Dec 2019, 01:17 AM

Cross Roads and Langreskaya are the best 1v1 maps in the game.

Vilshanka, Novogord Outskirts, Lost Glider, Arnhem Checkpoint are hot garbage.

Bayuex is just too damn big.
24 Dec 2019, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2019, 01:17 AMCODGUY
Cross Roads and Langreskaya are the best 1v1 maps in the game.

Vilshanka, Novogord Outskirts, Lost Glider, Arnhem Checkpoint are hot garbage.

Bayuex is just too damn big.

Tric has made a separate forum area for each map. Please go there and tell us what you dont like about these maps so they can be addressed or at least documented for future maps.

https://www.coh2.org/forum/128/automatch-maps

9 Apr 2020, 18:38 PM

I have contacted Andy and have requested that Novgorod Outskirts get removed from the game.

It may be a while before maps are updated so dont get too excited :)
9 Apr 2020, 19:13 PM

Is there a reason for that? Novogorod actually is one of the better ones.
9 Apr 2020, 19:20 PM

Permanently Banned
Novgorod has weird pathing. And the bushes are more obstructive than normal bushes.
9 Apr 2020, 19:34 PM

Is there a reason for that? Novogorod actually is one of the better ones.

Novgorod has the lowest play rates. There is a new version ready to go. But the old version has been in automatch way too long. Any changes now will be ignored and the map will be a permanent veto for most.

It is better to just remove it. There are several new maps being worked on by Wuff, RickieRifle, Kpen etc. Lets give those maps a chance.
9 Apr 2020, 19:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2019, 04:41 AMRosbone

There are more maps in the new pool. So if we ignore the bottom maps and get to 12 maps like the last gen, the difference will become even smaller (Approx 2.75%).

Just saw that today (4 months late)...
The data is interesting, but the way you compared the map pools is not the right way to do it. Of course the rate differences will be lower in the new pool even if you eliminate the new ones, for the simple reason that there were more maps that had their share of the 100%-cake to begin with.

Normalized standard deviation would be the way to go I think :)
10 Apr 2020, 02:01 AM

Ill name my map goodville and people will love it
MMX
10 Apr 2020, 06:12 AM

I have contacted Andy and have requested that Novgorod Outskirts get removed from the game.

It may be a while before maps are updated so dont get too excited :)

sad to hear you're giving novgorod the boot. while i can't really say it's one of my favorites it's pretty solid and i hate to see any of the new maps go. anyway, if some other fresh maps get a spot in the limelight that way i'm all for it. still hope an updated version of novgorod will make it back into the game at a later stage though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★