Login

russian armor

The dark side of this game.

14 Dec 2019, 11:30 AM

I have been a long-time player of this game for more than 4 years and have spent more than 2000 hours on it. As an experienced 4v4 player, I have reached the top ten positions for more than once and can maintain a very high win rate. However, regardless of how good I play and how many good and skilled players I have encountered, there will always be someone , in team games, pretending he/she is the boss and able to judge the other players' skill and play style with very toxic languages. I have encountered this issue(yes, even as an experienced and good player), and so do my friends. This becomes a problem since I have some friends who just got introduced into the game, feard to play by themselves because it is not rear to meat someone like what I just described, especially in low-level rank games. I hope there is someone who could please tell me a way that I can tell my friend and also use by myself to let those players shut up yet without rage quiting.
14 Dec 2019, 14:13 PM

I usually just ignore them. I don't think there is any multiplayer game out there that doesn't have a few of these bad apples. If they get too bad with their harrasment I just leave the game and search for a new one - but then again I play team games with Randoms for fun only and I don't care about my random 4v4 ranking enough to even look at what my ranking is.
14 Dec 2019, 14:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

While I do see a lot of toxic players, I have seen some temporary bans work. One play whom I shall not name, did receive a temporary ban. This player while still a bit of a trash talker, is not as toxic.
14 Dec 2019, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 11:30 AMHarry
I have been a long-time player of this game for more than 4 years and have spent more than 2000 hours on it. As an experienced 4v4 player, I have reached the top ten positions for more than once and can maintain a very high win rate. However, regardless of how good I play and how many good and skilled players I have encountered, there will always be someone , in team games, pretending he/she is the boss and able to judge the other players' skill and play style with very toxic languages. I have encountered this issue(yes, even as an experienced and good player), and so do my friends. This becomes a problem since I have some friends who just got introduced into the game, feard to play by themselves because it is not rear to meat someone like what I just described, especially in low-level rank games. I hope there is someone who could please tell me a way that I can tell my friend and also use by myself to let those players shut up yet without rage quiting.

I know it sucks but it will never change... and there is always the option to just team up as arranged team, this solution always works.

Im not quite sure what you or your friends are expecting though... you encounter such players in every multiplayer community nowadays.
14 Dec 2019, 15:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I know it sucks but it will never change... and there is always the option to just team up as arranged team, this solution always works.

Im not quite sure what you or your friends are expecting though... you encounter such players in every multiplayer community nowadays.

Yep nothing more to add.

If you play with ANY RANDOM PERSON on the internet, you should expect to meet as much as good people as bad ones. The fact is, you will probably remember the bad ones, because they will be toxic or vocal. The good people go unnoticed.

If anything, a good advice for people been affected by what others said, is to simple ignore the chat. You are not gonna improve or receive meaningful advice from the chat, specially during a game.

14 Dec 2019, 18:16 PM

Yep nothing more to add.

If you play with ANY RANDOM PERSON on the internet, you should expect to meet as much as good people as bad ones. The fact is, you will probably remember the bad ones, because they will be toxic or vocal. The good people go unnoticed.

If anything, a good advice for people been affected by what others said, is to simple ignore the chat. You are not gonna improve or receive meaningful advice from the chat, specially during a game.

+1 on the first part - I think most people's memory works this way.

To OP - I would suggest playing a few comp stomps with your friends to teach them the basics, rather than trying to go into a multiplayer game right away where they will get beaten, trolled, or both. Multiplayer really isn't a good place to learn as the learning curve is steep.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to mute team chat or pings. Adding to that, it seems like the worst players are the ones that ping and BM the most. I very rarely see top 100 players in any game mode BM, they're usually too busy playing well. It's usually 1000+ players who think they're top 100 that do most of the BM'ing.
16 Dec 2019, 07:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 11:30 AMHarry

Something about me:
I think am decent player of strategy games but I have discovered COH2 multiplayer like half year ago
I really like team battles in games like CoH.. (3v3 and 4v4 mostly)
I started to learn evething about game against AIs and I was ready like in 1 month to go into multi .... I was suprised how low skilled player base is there (specially 3v3) So I was like ok lets try more matches to rank up ... my first rank was 12 and i started to get higher and higher ... I was really happy cause I reached ranks 17-18s very easily BUT after that real problem began ... I even reached rank 20 with OST with 70% winrate after like 120 matches... and for what? I have a session like 5-7 matches in row when i got into my team stupid/never punished (huge problem of this game) leavers or guys who after losing first tank/sguad just give up and leave or even stay like xxxx and they dont even let the AI play ... I thought when i was happy with progress that the guality of teams will improve with ranks ... NO... just NO .... I am even disgusted how MM works .... putting together ranks 20 and like 8-10? what is that ... not funny for me when they are against me and absolutely not funny when they are in my team ... Here comes the response to yours comment ... yes .. sometimes I write to someone in my team what to do ... at least protecting theirs flank so i cannot be flanked all the time or dont built stupid arty when we lack AT capability and so on ... or even force them to leave the battle and let the AI play - yes when i see its 30 mins of battle and my teammate has like 2-3 sguads of pioneers and thats all ... I am not pinging into map cause it makes my headaches but I sometimes I really wonder how can I be against/or with such apes in battle ... not funny at all... example like 2 weeks ago i Met Sturmpanther in battle on Redballexpress ... he had huge win strike with Brits just like me with OST ... i was really happy to meet someone who is very high skilled ... guess what happened? I was together with ranks 15-16 and he had some china boyzzz around rank 9 in team ... 10 mins long battle and he was rage cause he wrote something to chat about his teammates .. such a experienced player .... even better is when I was on rank 20 and my teammate cannot join the battle and second one leaved after 10 sec.... I had more battles like this and after 3 weeks trying to climb up I got down in like 2 hours not even because of my fault ...
So this game HAS ONE BIG ISSUE

MM os totally broken and needs to be fixed and leavers needs to be punished (+ guys who cannot connect cause they play on calculator too)

This game has low skilled player base so there is just not enough players in team battles = The game is already dead

Solution? I started to play 2v2 with my friend and last battle we played together we beated Crossfire+Traitor (both TOP 10 players in 2v2 - one of them is even first) like 400-0 .... looks like 2v2 is much more competetive than these JOKE 3v3 or 4v4 games ....
If your friends want to enjoy the game on skilled level they should also play 2v2 or have a team into 3v3/4v4 and hope they will meet some proper times once per week (hahahaha)
btw. Only way how to be on top of the leaderboard is to find out some proper players and push a button to find automatch in the same time ... this tell me my friend who plays COH on high level for a long time ... so u will be "cheating" or u will be cheated by leavers/RNG or apes whos are everywhere in team battles

Sry for my potato English (Second language to learn in da school)
I hope my guick response on how the teamgames on proper ranks looks like helped you :)
16 Dec 2019, 13:05 PM

Just hope that CoH3 has a mute player button (that also mutes pings).

It's great to see Andy and Sturmpanther cracking down on stuff recently, but it's good that the bar is set high, only the most toxic of people deserve actual bans.

For noobs in 4v4 games who complain at everyone else and ping 5x a minute, despite being the worst on their team (and there is always one), a mute button would be a nice solution...
16 Dec 2019, 15:01 PM

As soon as my teammates starts to trash talk a lot, I simply leave. Not worth the worries
16 Dec 2019, 15:32 PM

lol you played CoH1 in its good days? I only say "Berlin-Chat". Even the bad boys in CoH2 are very polite in comparison. xD
16 Dec 2019, 15:36 PM

+ I really dont get why you cannot see actual ranks of players which are with you in the battle ... this will help you in many ways .... I really love when some ranks 10-12 called me a noob when I was 19-20 .... Maybe I should take some respect when this option would be there or I would at least know what to expect from my teammates as well from enemy players .... Such a easy way how to improve gameplay ...
16 Dec 2019, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2019, 15:36 PMXARDAS
+ I really dont get why you cannot see actual ranks of players which are with you in the battle ... this will help you in many ways .... I really love when some ranks 10-12 called me a noob when I was 19-20 .... Maybe I should take some respect when this option would be there or I would at least know what to expect from my teammates as well from enemy players .... Such a easy way how to improve gameplay ...

They removed it, because many people left the lobby because of newish looking mates. :P

Last time I played with random mates was 2 years ago.
16 Dec 2019, 15:45 PM

They removed it, because many people left the lobby because of newish looking mates. :P

Last time I played with random mates was 2 years ago.

Thats the MAIN ISSUE which I also font understand ... You are doing your best... u play better than others 5 guys who are in the same battle but some trotl from your team leaves (Not punished for that!!) and result is what? You get down on leaderboard just like this trotl even you did your best ... Why arent leavers punished?
16 Dec 2019, 15:45 PM

Why are you acting as if this game has the only such problem?

This has been widespread since the gain in popularity of gaming by F2P games, and especially MOBAs like LoL.

That game basically has a walking toxic cancer as a community.
16 Dec 2019, 15:51 PM

I think if they would ve scrapped the 4vs4 mode from scratch and do 3vs3 max. it would ve been much better for the game - more map variety, better balanced maps, better for the playerpool and skill gap, less chance of an idiot in your team or a dropper

And the battles are almost as big and equally exciting as in 4vs4 but less confusing and also better performance-wise
16 Dec 2019, 16:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2019, 07:03 AMXARDAS
snip

3v3 and 4v4 are for shit n giggles. The game on it's foundations, is not designed around this mode (in a similar fashion to other RTS) and the playerbase is not enough to support a "competitive" ladder. I'll argue that there is only a single RTS who can support a somehow decent ladder (Starcraft 2) for a mode which is not consider competitive at all. Think less about it been a "ladder" rather than a "get me a game as fast as you can".

You also discovered the magic that is placement games. It's extremely easy to rank really high, even if you are defeating noobs on the first 10 games. The ranking stabilise after 50ish games and after 200 games or so you will start to slowly "grind" the ladder even if you are not really improving or defeating better players.

If you care for some "integrity" competitiveness then you should look around 1v1 or 2v2 AT (arrange teams).

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2019, 15:36 PMXARDAS

https://www.coh2.org/topic/18454/celo-company-of-elo

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2019, 15:45 PMXARDAS

Thats the MAIN ISSUE which I also font understand ... You are doing your best... u play better than others 5 guys who are in the same battle but some trotl from your team leaves (Not punished for that!!) and result is what? You get down on leaderboard just like this trotl even you did your best ... Why arent leavers punished?

The punish for them is losing ranks + having a worst hidden confidence value (which was used to decide who should win a game in case of a drop).

There's no separate auto-match for people who don't care about ladder at all and the game never had in mind a way to penalise people outside of full bans.

16 Dec 2019, 16:32 PM

That game basically has a walking toxic cancer as a community.

+1 :thumbsup:
17 Dec 2019, 20:41 PM

Why are you acting as if this game has the only such problem?

CoH is the first online game I've ever played that didn't have any kind of mute feature. So there's that

Maybe that's just my personal experience, but I really can't remember any multiplayer game that didn't have one
17 Dec 2019, 20:42 PM

18 Dec 2019, 15:11 PM

CoH is the first online game I've ever played that didn't have any kind of mute feature. So there's that

Maybe that's just my personal experience, but I really can't remember any multiplayer game that didn't have one

Well while Cynthia was a community manager for this game they decided the best route would be to censor "bad words" and replace them with stuff like flowers, pudding and so forth instead of actually implementing a proper mute and vote kick options and so forth.

Also CoH is not the only game with no such options just so you know, I've played a lot more RTS games that don't have it, mostly because they're older and back in the day they weren't needed because the gaming community wasn't as toxic and cancerous as it is right now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★