Login

russian armor

Axis gets free stuff for teching

14 Dec 2019, 06:41 AM

The Lt is on par with a pgren (they beat pgrens at close range, lose slightly at mid and long range), the Capt is on par with pgren after getting the bar. rEmoTeLY cOmParAblE? Stop lying, you're clearly allied biased and you still try to hide it.

That last bit is hilarious coming from you. But i see at the bottom of your post your finaly honest about it as well.
14 Dec 2019, 12:10 PM

The Lt is on par with a pgren (they beat pgrens at close range, lose slightly at mid and long range), the Capt is on par with pgren after getting the bar.

Pgren has bundled nade if the LT or Cap closes the distance. Both of the officers are great if you have upgrades, happy?

rEmoTeLY cOmParAblE? Stop lying, you're clearly allied biased and you still try to hide it.

Or maybe you just get so upset at even the slightest anti-ostheer post that you ignore the dozens I have in favor of axis stuff...

I literally made a thread for buffing stug vet a month ago... I've spent multiple threads saying soviet tank hunter doesnt need buffs... You dont quote me then, but I dare to suggest the officers without upgrades arent as good as pgren squads and you whine about my bias. Its really getting old
14 Dec 2019, 12:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

A lot of the current balance issues (axis stomping allies) lies in the free stuff axis gets while every allied faction needs to pay for even the slightest upgrade. How can we fix this?
My proposal is splitting the main- and sidetech cost, and increase the cost to finally match the ones of allies.

StugLife and I had a very lengthy discussion about this a few months ago. Matter of fact is they don't get free stuff, it's just the timings that vary. For example OKW gets weapon upgrades earlier than it would be feasible to get for USF or UKF or SOV to get snares (they mostly save MP, but also a bit of fuel) which explains their early game strength. However, their late game tech is more expensive than other factions which allows Allies to catch up. Also Allies often don't need to tech everything. You can often for example not tech the grenades as USF/UKF and still be fine, which might give you a slight edge for getting the medium out a bit earlier.
14 Dec 2019, 17:11 PM

Permanently Banned

Or maybe you just get so upset at even the slightest anti-ostheer post that you ignore the dozens I have in favor of axis stuff...

I only got upset because your massively exaggerating in your post. Lt and Capt are clearly better than grens even without upgrade and pretty damn close to pgren level when u call them not even remotely comparable. You're sounding a lot like Katitof right here and I just had to call u out.
14 Dec 2019, 17:53 PM

Cpt/LT with BAR = 5 man Grens
14 Dec 2019, 18:30 PM

I only got upset because your massively exaggerating in your post. Lt and Capt are clearly better than grens even without upgrade and pretty damn close to pgren level when u call them not even remotely comparable. You're sounding a lot like Katitof right here and I just had to call u out.

officers are less flexible than grens and cost more iirc so they should beat grens, especially the lieutenant whos only officer traits are smoke and sprint (ditching the rifle snare) and are only superior to pgrens when upgrades are applied (racks, nades and obviously munitions for bars) which is reasonable. thats kinda the usf theme though. your manpower units go much further once you invest in them.
14 Dec 2019, 19:29 PM

e.g. I would like to split OKW faust, it arrives too late. Death to the clown-car!! ;DD
14 Dec 2019, 19:48 PM

e.g. I would like to split OKW faust, it arrives too late. Death to the clown-car!! ;DD

Due to players concerns OKW faust is now split.

-OKW players may now find faust parts scattered across the map, engineering unit needs to gather them and bring to a new 40 fuel truck, which functions akin to USF and UKF weapon racks, volksgrenadiers need to re-pick faust from the truck after each use.

-QOL update: due to clutter and increased lags, parts for faust are now limited to 15 per game, allowing for 5 fausts regardless of game mode
14 Dec 2019, 20:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 19:48 PMKatitof

troll, troll.

There is a reason why I don't like to play OKW. Brandgranate and Panzerfaust simply arrive to late and Püppchen still is a troll weapon with low surviveability. 1vs1 ok, but for me the fraction is trash without an Ostheer-player in larger games.
14 Dec 2019, 20:55 PM

troll, troll.

There is a reason why I don't like to play OKW. Brandgranate and Panzerfaust simply arrive to late and Püppchen still is a troll weapon with low surviveability. 1vs1 ok, but for me the fraction is trash without an Ostheer-player in larger games.

-Has 20% more men than other ATGs

-Low survivability

lul
14 Dec 2019, 20:56 PM

-Low survivability

lul

That is true ^^
14 Dec 2019, 20:57 PM

That is true ^^

So it's true that that's a non-sequitur? Because that was my point.
14 Dec 2019, 21:02 PM

So it's true that that's a non-sequitur? Because that was my point.

More or less, not yes and no, lol. It is more the thing, that it forces more area-damage weapons, so it becomes one-shot. Also it is like maxim and gets a death-loop because of that.

Difficult to balance, like Maxim ^^
14 Dec 2019, 21:09 PM

-Low survivability

lul

Most importantly:

- 5 less range

- No reverse button

- Retreating means the gun takes 2 seconds to turn around

- No gun shield with heavy cover, so crew members die like flies

If you’re gonna describe the raketen, at least give the full details.
14 Dec 2019, 21:23 PM

You're sounding a lot like Katitof right here and I just had to call u out.

Like I said, you hear even the slightest anti-ostheer post and you feel compelled to freak out. You're welcome to disagree, but calling me biased because you don't like my word choice on one particular point is absurd

You ignore the posts in favor of axis and lose your mind over the ones against them. Find a new hobby
14 Dec 2019, 21:41 PM

I would like to make Püppchen a speacial doc unit instead. But game is so old, no major changes will come, but maybe...

- Making leIG18 instead a light AT unit (transverse Zis-gun).
- And give OKW a AT-grenade or AT-rifle-grenade (less buggy, maybe arrive earlier?) unlock like soviets.

Next would be to fix UHU, change the hole unit (idea is to make if a cone of sight for some sec. in a special direction, instead of the scan, which is bugged). Maybe lock it behinde doc. then.

etc. but that is offtopic I think.
15 Dec 2019, 05:30 AM

It would be hilarious to see Axis mains squirm if they actually had to pay 15 fuel and 150 MP to unlock panzerfausts and rifle grenades plus another 15 fuel and 150 MP to unlock Panzerschreks and LMG42s for their infantry. It might actually make things balanced.
15 Dec 2019, 10:33 AM

They already have to pay to unlock their infantry. (build T1 Building)
15 Dec 2019, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2019, 05:30 AMCODGUY
It would be hilarious to see Axis mains squirm if they actually had to pay 15 fuel and 150 MP to unlock panzerfausts and rifle grenades plus another 15 fuel and 150 MP to unlock Panzerschreks and LMG42s for their infantry. It might actually make things balanced.
it's called truck and battle phases, imagine if usf ukf and soviet had to pay an extra tax every time they tired up maybe they would actually pay more for full tech tree
15 Dec 2019, 12:45 PM

OKW pais for the truck, then they have to set it. So you pay go get fire-grenades, and set down to get the faust.

e.g. Ostheer needs T1 for Faust. You can say, that is not fair, but you also have to tech (build) to simply build main-line inf. e.g. soviets get Penals for such a step.

Sure we can split these things, but that would be a buff for OKW and Ostheer, because also their main-tech will get cheaper then.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★