Login

russian armor

Maxim Sustained Fire

15 Dec 2019, 04:43 AM

There's no bug in deathloop. Modders don't have access to tools which enables creating new animations, therefore you can not apply teleporting magic as say the MG42.

UHU and faust bugs, are a product of UNINTENDED mechanics. UHU is not supposed to reveal units outside it's beam and the faust is not supposed to misfire (unless it hits a building).

Calling deathloop a bug is like complaining that you can chainkill crew members from an AT gun, making it not able to move out.

Deathloop is called a bug because it's very clearly an unintended feature for mgs as it was literally patched out of other MGs. It wasn't as big of an issue vs Ost but then flame nades and good at all range/ centralized dps, fire on the move automatic weapons entered the chat making it easier to run down crews
15 Dec 2019, 05:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Deathloop is called a bug because it's very clearly an unintended feature for mgs as it was literally patched out of other MGs. It wasn't as big of an issue vs Ost but then flame nades and good at all range/ centralized dps, fire on the move automatic weapons entered the chat making it easier to run down crews

There is no unintended mechanic here because the mechanic to apply TELEPORTING MAGIC doesn't exist for wheel carried MGs and it was never intended for them to have it, cause they never program it to begin with.
IIRC MG42 always had it (there's no mention of the word teleport in the changelog)

If you throw a Propaganda artillery and force an AT gun to retreat, you can easily deathloop kill it because there's no teleport the whole weapon to the crew which are not moving the weapon.

Something been good (say the Quad been able to kill planes fast because it shoots many times per second and each shot having a chance to kill a plane) or been bad (Maxim type of units not having teleporting capabilities) are not bugs in the sense of programming/gaming terminology.
15 Dec 2019, 07:34 AM

There is no unintended mechanic here because the mechanic to apply TELEPORTING MAGIC doesn't exist for wheel carried MGs and it was never intended for them to have it, cause they never program it to begin with.
IIRC MG42 always had it (there's no mention of the word teleport in the changelog)

If you throw a Propaganda artillery and force an AT gun to retreat, you can easily deathloop kill it because there's no teleport the whole weapon to the crew which are not moving the weapon.

Something been good (say the Quad been able to kill planes fast because it shoots many times per second and each shot having a chance to kill a plane) or been bad (Maxim type of units not having teleporting capabilities) are not bugs in the sense of programming/gaming terminology.

Its not a bug in the literal sense where some bit of misbehaving code is causing problems, well I mean it kinda is but not in the traditional sense it's a bug because due to this bit of code we have a problem we can't fix. I remember when there was no teleporting mgs at all. It was changed to all that could be changed, the wheely boys remain not because they don't want to fix it but because they can't. It's true that it's a limitation as opposed to a missing zero but it's something unintentional that can't be fixed. Technically not a bug, but for all intents and purposes outside the realm of Symantecs its a bug.
15 Dec 2019, 10:32 AM

The only way to fix the deathloop is to buff crew speed while the weapon is deployed, meaning when a new model has to go pack the gun because the gunner died, that model has to be many times faster than now in his animation. This has nothing to do with the act of packing up the maxim itself, just getting the crewman from behind the weapon to on the weapon to actually start packing it.
15 Dec 2019, 11:59 AM

There's no bug in deathloop. Modders don't have access to tools which enables creating new animations, therefore you can not apply teleporting magic as say the MG42.

UHU and faust bugs, are a product of UNINTENDED mechanics. UHU is not supposed to reveal units outside it's beam and the faust is not supposed to misfire (unless it hits a building).

Calling deathloop a bug is like complaining that you can chainkill crew members from an AT gun, making it not able to move out.

1. For me it's a bug, I am modder and you knows that. Maybe I am looking on it for a work-around, there should be a solution. For me it looks like bad animations and mechanics, also the Jagdpanzer 4 is bugged, because the angles of the maingun were crap.

2. UHU-bug is because of bad code, retreat-code is produce the bug. Faust simply doesn't ignore the ground-level.

3. the loop should be fix-able. I have too look at it.
15 Dec 2019, 12:00 PM

The only way to fix the deathloop is to buff crew speed while the weapon is deployed, meaning when a new model has to go pack the gun because the gunner died, that model has to be many times faster than now in his animation. This has nothing to do with the act of packing up the maxim itself, just getting the crewman from behind the weapon to on the weapon to actually start packing it.

Not when deployed, when on retread.
15 Dec 2019, 19:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Its not a bug in the literal sense where some bit of misbehaving code is causing problems, well I mean it kinda is but not in the traditional sense it's a bug because due to this bit of code we have a problem we can't fix. I remember when there was no teleporting mgs at all. It was changed to all that could be changed, the wheely boys remain not because they don't want to fix it but because they can't. It's true that it's a limitation as opposed to a missing zero but it's something unintentional that can't be fixed. Technically not a bug, but for all intents and purposes outside the realm of Symantecs its a bug.

Since when? During the beta? Quick search from Jan 2014 (https://www.coh2.org/topic/18620/mg-42-retreating-issue/page/
I'm pretty sure we had teleporting MGs, even when OH had 3 crew man weapon teams. AT guns and wheel crew weapons not having teleport is INTENDED (see 120mm mortar as well vs normal mortars).

A mechanic working as intended doesn't mean it's not stupid.
Lacking the capabilities to change something due to lack of tools or resources is not a bug. Example: buying the Mac version of CoH2 and not been able to play against people on the normal version of the game.

1. For me it's a bug, I am modder and you knows that. Maybe I am looking on it for a work-around, there should be a solution. For me it looks like bad animations and mechanics, also the Jagdpanzer 4 is bugged, because the angles of the maingun were crap.

2. UHU-bug is because of bad code, retreat-code is produce the bug. Faust simply doesn't ignore the ground-level.

3. the loop should be fix-able. I have too look at it.

You can be a modder, a programmer, the developer of Pascal or C, it doesn't change what a bug is. You can call a red light blue, it doesn't mean it's gonna have the wave length properties of blue.

2-Yes i know the causes and because it's unintended it's a bug. Either through bad code (UHU) or through omission (Faust, although there are other causes to it outside of what u mention).

3-Be the first to provide a real solution after 6 years of having this mechanic. The workarounds had already been implemented as far as i know.

Last man dead
Developer Comments: Team weapon gunners will have the lowest priority to get targeted. Players can still attack the gunner first if they manually target that entity but automatically they will always target the gunner last. We are hoping this will help with the death loops where weapon teams constantly try to man their team weapons as they retreat.

Team weapon gunners target priority lowered

15 Dec 2019, 19:34 PM

You can call it a bug or a feature. :P
15 Dec 2019, 22:07 PM

snip

does this apply to tanks targeting MGs?
15 Dec 2019, 23:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

does this apply to tanks targeting MGs?

Main gun tends to have crap accuracy to begin with so it will scatter.
There's also the matter of the fact that if the only model available to hit due to range ends up been the gunner, it doesn't matter the value of priority the gunner might have.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★