Login

russian armor

How to play Ost vs Soviet right now?

10 Dec 2019, 07:16 AM

In 1v1, this matchup feels really hard to play. Especially in the mid to late game. What are some go to strategies?
10 Dec 2019, 07:22 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Game mode should be stated. 4v4 is very different than 1v1. Also a general idea of what is giving you trouble in the matchup never hurts.
10 Dec 2019, 09:05 AM

Game mode should be stated. 4v4 is very different than 1v1. Also a general idea of what is giving you trouble in the matchup never hurts.

Oh I was talking about 1v1. I don't really play 4v4 all that often.
10 Dec 2019, 09:08 AM

I think my trouble is dealing with super heavy + was not able to hold grounds against 7 man cons and zis barrage.

The super heavy timing feels really awkward for this patch.
10 Dec 2019, 09:15 AM

I think my trouble is dealing with super heavy + was not able to hold grounds against 7 man cons and zis barrage.

The super heavy timing feels really awkward for this patch.

These are issues everyone struggles with. It's just the current balance of the game.
10 Dec 2019, 13:25 PM

Zis barrage and 7 men cons are pretty annoying, not sure what to tell you.
Don't do the mistake of not getting grens as many seem to do lately, also you can't go wrong by having up to 2 pgren squads in your build.

The best you can hope is to not let him get any IS2 or delay it, I found lately that the 81mm does a great job against 7 men cons, I wonder why it's not used that often.

Early game your entire plan is to not let him get blob on your cutoff or pressure you with his infantry.

Ostheer best plan right now is to baselock your opponent, you can help yourself with ostruppen as an alternative to grens, this way you can get numerous infantry squads around his cutoff/base and have your mg42 lock him.
11 Dec 2019, 02:48 AM

These are issues everyone struggles with. It's just the current balance of the game.

Oof. After playing for a while I felt like the Soviet was the least affected by the call-in changes, since a lot of their stuff was already locked behind tech.

Also their superheavies were only delayed by around 90 fuels, while other nations have to pay at least 120 morr fuels.

Am I biased or having the wrong feelings here?
30 Dec 2019, 04:13 AM

Oof. After playing for a while I felt like the Soviet was the least affected by the call-in changes, since a lot of their stuff was already locked behind tech.

Also their superheavies were only delayed by around 90 fuels, while other nations have to pay at least 120 morr fuels.

Am I biased or having the wrong feelings here?

Soviets are pretty good this patch, yeah.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★