Login

russian armor

ir Stg for stormtrooper instead of G43's

8 Dec 2019, 18:49 PM

The g43's don't actually really make all that much sense for elite combat troops. +G43's on panzergrens are better than they are on stormies. And we can make the whole upgrade cost 100/120 munis if coming in at 2cp is a bit too much (also maybe mp40 upgrade locks this out and vice versa ir stg storms + mp40 will surely make them the strongest cqc infantry and we can't have that cus only allies deserve to fuck infantry at every situation). Now i get it this might make them op. But OKW have Obers who are stronger and the commander they get it from is also has a tiger so I don't see why not. And i'm sure the balance team can make necessary changes to make it balanced.
8 Dec 2019, 19:00 PM

Doesn’t fit the army, unit or doctrine theme.
8 Dec 2019, 19:31 PM

could you elaborate a bit further.
Elite troops ehhmmm.... dosen't fit the doctrine
Unit.. Stormtroopers ehh... don't you think the elite assault troops of the wehrmacht would be using this.
Dude the g43 basically gives great moving combat potential and cqc damage. But mp40's are far better for cqc why would you pay munis for a downgrade and ir stg serves the same purpose great moving combat potental and high cqc damage which are better than g43's. I mean it's practically a better g43 how does it not fit the army.
Unless you can give me a better answer i'm gonna assume your a biased c***.
8 Dec 2019, 20:14 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Unless you can give me a better answer i'm gonna assume your a biased c***.

In some countries this language is more commonplace, but let's reframe from using this kind of language when discussing on the forum from now on please. :)
8 Dec 2019, 20:23 PM

In some countries this language is more commonplace, but let's reframe from using this kind of language when discussing on the forum from now on please. :)

hey it could be crab, cake and a lot of things who knows. I put the stars for vagueness. it's your problem for assuming whatever bad lingo you assumed.
8 Dec 2019, 21:08 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

hey it could be crab, cake and a lot of things who knows. I put the stars for vagueness. it's your problem for assuming whatever bad lingo you assumed.

;)
8 Dec 2019, 22:03 PM

...looking for an opportunity to deliever some cakes and crabs here. Who ordered them?
8 Dec 2019, 22:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I disagree with that. Why should the elite troop doctrine not have access to cutting edge infantry weaponry?
8 Dec 2019, 22:42 PM

I disagree with that. Why should the elite troop doctrine not have access to cutting edge infantry weaponry?

I wouldn’t know, as I’m a biased cunt apparently.
9 Dec 2019, 01:07 AM

Since Stormtroopers are meant to be special forces, it probably fits them even better than the mythical Obersoldaten. I feel like a unicorn gun like that already has enough representation in the game, however.
9 Dec 2019, 01:28 AM

The MOD has been fiddling with G43 for PG/ST for ages for no good reason. The upgrade is actually called "Jaeger Light Infantry" and it has little reason to involve G43 for those units.

I would test redesigning the weapon to be more close to M1 and upgrade squads could then get 4+1 weapons having 5 entities.

And 4 men with smgs is not that great design to begin with while they could use some extra utility like extra sight range.
9 Dec 2019, 08:44 AM

So stormjager has been insulted to the point of ot wanting to elaborate (can't blame them with a dumpster fire like this thread...)

Ostheer represents early to mid war Eastern Front. The IR STG was not used until 1945. No, it does not fit the theme or design of the army, and never will.

For more details, see the faction guide released by the people who made the dang game, also available on the forums

https://www.coh2.org/topic/38505/faction-comparison-by-relic
9 Dec 2019, 09:45 AM

For me I would think that Storm troops wouldn't be lugging around massive heavy battery packs and clumsy fragile large IR STGs. They seems more defensive weapons.
9 Dec 2019, 09:47 AM

Because its concealed infiltration ambush infantry and they wouldn't really want to go around with the bulkiest weapon setup of WW2 that isn't considered LMG/HMG?

Have you seen british commandos? Do you believe Stens are cutting edge weapons?
9 Dec 2019, 10:27 AM

Agree,but maybe 60 ammo only for 1xIRstg,2x will very OP when Stormtrooper ambush....
9 Dec 2019, 11:18 AM

For one thing, Ostheer is based on the mid war 1941-1943 German Eastern armies, while IR tech is definitely late war.
9 Dec 2019, 13:24 PM

This question actually has a pretty simple answer.

Stormtroopers don't get G43s. Not by default, anyway.

The G43s come from the Jaeger Light Infantry ability, which gives Grens and PGrens the ability to upgrade with G43 rifles. They gave Stormtroopers the ability to equip them too because why not, but it's like putting BARs on a Ranger squad.

The intention is that you upgrade MP40s instead.
9 Dec 2019, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2019, 13:24 PMLago
They gave Stormtroopers the ability to equip them too because why not, but it's like putting BARs on a Ranger squad.

Actually, it was given because collective REEE from ost playerbase due to that doctrine.
No idea why, because G43 was a massive downgrade for them when they could get STGs and its even greater downgrade now that they have super strong MP40s.
9 Dec 2019, 14:43 PM

So stormjager has been insulted to the point of ot wanting to elaborate (can't blame them with a dumpster fire like this thread...)

Ostheer represents early to mid war Eastern Front. The IR STG was not used until 1945. No, it does not fit the theme or design of the army, and never will.

For more details, see the faction guide released by the people who made the dang game, also available on the forums

https://www.coh2.org/topic/38505/faction-comparison-by-relic

That's great but don't take this the wrong way but that kinda sounds like an excuse. Cus from my perspective lore can go to hell if we can make the gameplay better. And furthermore where's my p3, mardars, weird flakveirling tanks thinghy, FLAK 36/88 and there were a lot of nazi's at that time m8 so where are my 5 man squads.

I'm sorry it's a very poor excuse to not change anything. Gameplay come first.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment