Login

russian armor

Can we get rid of Bayeux?

4 Dec 2019, 04:13 AM

In 1v1 at least, because its way, WAY too big for that game mode.
4 Dec 2019, 05:45 AM

Bayeux is currently the longest map in rotation, measuring from one base to another at about 319 meters.

Its important side to side distances are very close to crossroads:
Distance between fuels 216m vs 231m
Distance between farthest VPs: 191m vs 183m

The most popular maps are usually maps where the bases are closest:
Faymonville, Vilshanka, Crossroads, Nexus, Langreskaya.

Note that Kholodny is 279m base to base and was used recently in a tourney.

NOTE: Bayeux was the 6th most played map when the early stats came out. So it is getting a fair amount of play for being a new 1v1 map.
4 Dec 2019, 05:46 AM

I loathe bayeux, its designed feels awkard and bad in most engagements since you rotate from super long engagements to CQC which completetly ruins some factions.

Oh and the buildings on the cut off, did nobody seriously test the buildings?, it's fucking busted.
4 Dec 2019, 09:10 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Remember when I pointed all this out and more during the KotH? Remember when Talisman pointed this all out in KotH? It is MASSIVE for a 1v1. Imagine if this still had all the red cover it had originally.

The size of it is like a slightly smaller vaux farmlands.

However some slight edits, would get it ok-ish for 1v1, but they would be redoing garrisons and pulling in the OOB to make the map smaller.
4 Dec 2019, 13:39 PM

It feels quite big, but outside of a few exceptions (MG in the cutoff building) it plays fine. I don't think it needs much tweaking.

It looks nice, the size isn't excessive and it plays fairly intuitively. I like it a lot more than I liked Nexus at this stage of development.
4 Dec 2019, 14:01 PM

I am not saying it should be done or even needs to be done, but Spanky could easily push the bases together a little bit to achieve a distance like 230m - 240m.

That distance plus the distances to key points would make this similar in size to crossroads.

Some players like small fast action maps, some like larger maps where you can play a little slower and methodical. I do not play 1v1 so I do not have an opinion. Guessing by the number of plays Bayeux is getting, the community will probably be split. Just a guess.
4 Dec 2019, 14:50 PM

I am not saying it should be done or even needs to be done, but Spanky could easily push the bases together a little bit to achieve a distance like 230m - 240m.

That distance plus the distances to key points would make this similar in size to crossroads.

Some players like small fast action maps, some like larger maps where you can play a little slower and methodical. I do not play 1v1 so I do not have an opinion. Guessing by the number of plays Bayeux is getting, the community will probably be split. Just a guess.

That's usually the case given how often maps are judged on if you won or lost your first match on it.
4 Dec 2019, 14:54 PM

Arnhem and Lost Glider need to be removed before any discussion about other maps.
4 Dec 2019, 15:02 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Arnhem and Lost Glider need to be removed before any discussion about other maps.

when was the last time you played on this 2 maps?

and offtopic^^
4 Dec 2019, 15:04 PM

when was the last time you played on this 2 maps?

and offtopic^^

Arnhem is a bit better after the revamp, but still the weakest map in the rotation after Glider.

Lost Glider is garbage. I’ve played 50 1v1s there and I can’t wait for it to be removed.
4 Dec 2019, 15:08 PM

Glider's come a long way and I quite like it now.

I don't like the high concept of Arnhem, so I doubt I'll ever not veto that one.
4 Dec 2019, 19:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Bayeux is actually an amazing map for USF. Like Orangepest said, the fact that this map's engagement ranges vary drastically from CQC to max range. This is excellent for USF as USF units are usually decent but not experts at any range. Ost is the complete opposite and hands down suffers the most on maps where engagement distances vary greatly. Ost build orders are usually either only good long range or short range. Ost will actually fare better provided it has the right doc on CQC maps like Lost Glider, Kholodny, Poltawa, etc. than on inconsistent maps like Bayeux, Lierneux, Eindhoven, etc. For my Ost loadout, Bayeux is vetoed, so Codguy as usual is an idiot for trying to get rid of a map most suited for USF. As well, big maps are best for USF for mobility and the fact that their infantry units one-on-one should be able to beat Axis counterparts.
4 Dec 2019, 19:33 PM

Permanently Banned

Arnhem is a bit better after the revamp, but still the weakest map in the rotation after Glider.

Lost Glider is garbage. I’ve played 50 1v1s there and I can’t wait for it to be removed.

I bet it's cuz you don't have the right doctrines for Lost Glider. I can see why it's a controversial map. Hint: My ostruppen love Lost Glider, 75% winrate on that map with the doc. Allies need a doc that makes anti-garrison work easier.
4 Dec 2019, 19:35 PM

Permanently Banned
Why do people hate on Arnhem. I actually love the 1v1 maps. As Ost, i find I can manage all the maps except Nexus. All I need is one veto for 1v1 maps.
4 Dec 2019, 19:42 PM

I bet it's cuz you don't have the right doctrines for Lost Glider. I can see why it's a controversial map. Hint: My ostruppen love Lost Glider, 75% winrate on that map with the doc. Allies need a doc that makes anti-garrison work easier.

I do use Osttruppen doc and it’s very successful, I just don’t like the map.
4 Dec 2019, 19:44 PM

Permanently Banned

I do use Osttruppen doc and it’s very successful, I just don’t like the map.

If Lost Glider is removed, I'll harass u till the end of time. JKJKJKJK:lol::lol::lol:
4 Dec 2019, 20:41 PM

Why do people hate on Arnhem. I actually love the 1v1 maps. As Ost, i find I can manage all the maps except Nexus. All I need is one veto for 1v1 maps.

Heavy garrison play.
5 Dec 2019, 03:11 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2019, 20:41 PMLago

Heavy garrison play.

It's your fault if the game devolves into fighting all for the center. There's no resources there. The cutoffs and fuel are far more valuable.
5 Dec 2019, 03:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I am watching guys, so keep the criticism coming and I can update the map. Even tho the topic seems to gone off rails a bit with other maps, I understand its not everyone's cup of tea, so you can always veto it. Its your freedom of choice, I am not forcing anyone to play it. :D
5 Dec 2019, 04:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2019, 03:20 AMSpanky
I am watching guys, so keep the criticism coming and I can update the map. Even tho the topic seems to gone off rails a bit with other maps, I understand its not everyone's cup of tea, so you can always veto it. Its your freedom of choice, I am not forcing anyone to play it. :D

I actually like the look of the map a lot. My main gripes with it though are that it seems too big and the fuel capture points as well as the cut offs are pretty far from the bases. As USF or OKW if you stumble on to an MG you're screwed. You have to retreat all the way back to your base and then try to mount another attack which is not quick process due to the size of the map. And if it happens again you start the whole process over again. It's not as bad with OKW because of the Kubelwagon but with USF it's pretty punishing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★