Login

russian armor

Changing the sniper from a one man army to a Support unit

1 Dec 2019, 18:57 PM

The basic complaint about snipers right now are that a) they are too powerful by themselves and b) that their only reliable counter is a counter sniper.

Snipers are not getting a drastic rework to a JLI like squad that many players would prefer, so I’ll keep the proposed changes simple.

Change one - half the snipers rate of fire and replace it with a received accuracy debuff on the target squad. This would decrease the effectiveness of the sniper by itself, but increase the effectiveness of supporting your sniper with other squads.

Change two - make snipers not healable by traditional means, and give them a MP cost heal that can only be activated in an area if a traditional squad could reinforce in that area, or if that’s not possible only actavatable in your base sector. This is to make chip damage from infantry more risky and threatening, and to simulate MP bleed with the MP cost heal.
1 Dec 2019, 19:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The only way for people to stop complaining about snipers, is that they not appear anymore in the game.

Even if they were niche and not strong, there would be still people complaining about them (hence this thread).

A sniper doesn't necessarily need to be killed in order to be countered.

If we were living in a sniper meta, OH and UKF would had seen much more use. I don't think we saw that many snipers in the last 1v1 tournament.

1 Dec 2019, 19:53 PM

Snipers have already been nerfed into a good spot. If you are struggling that much against them then watch how other people deal with them.

Put it this way, I go cocky with a full HP sniper, a Pgren squad with 2 men were running at me, I killed one, the Pgren was next to me, about to fire my second and.... Melted in an eye blink. Pre nerf that wouldnt have been a question if I would have won or not.

Snipers are fine.
1 Dec 2019, 19:59 PM

Snipers should be half as fast as other infantry, but full speed when they retreat.

Boom, fixed.
1 Dec 2019, 21:04 PM

Snipers should be half as fast as other infantry, but full speed when they retreat.

Boom, fixed.

This alone would do it tbh.

I'd also like to see their HP reduced back to 80. The odds of them being killed by mortars are far lower now that mortars don't do 80 damage on anything but a pinpoint direct hit, so there's no reason for them to have the extra 2 hp anymore, and it effectively allows the sniper to tank another rifle/SMG hit from most units.
6 Dec 2019, 22:20 PM

This alone would do it tbh.

I'd also like to see their HP reduced back to 80. The odds of them being killed by mortars are far lower now that mortars don't do 80 damage on anything but a pinpoint direct hit, so there's no reason for them to have the extra 2 hp anymore, and it effectively allows the sniper to tank another rifle/SMG hit from most units.

I dunno, the odds seem higher than a plane crash wipe, yet those are happenin all the time

But yeah, snipers are AIDS
6 Dec 2019, 22:38 PM

Snipers aren't very strong at the moment. They have been toned down significantly over time.

1. Camo does not work in combat
2. Bonus acc for light vehicles (specific vehicles)
3. Bonus detect range for LV (specific vehicles)
4. 360 mp and 9 popcap is a rather large investment
5. Everybody has access to some light vehicle as an asymetrical counter to the slow and vulnerable sniper

I do agree they are not the best designed unit b/c they ignore cover but I think that right now they are not particularly strong.
9 Dec 2019, 19:35 PM

Boom, fixed.

When is this becoming a reality, because I for one cannot wait
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight