Login

russian armor

UI for Inf. disappear ingame

11 Dec 2019, 18:49 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

both time : Negative Sadly.

Atm its all in WIP and search phase. And as said: I or Relic never promised that there will be a solution for it. But atm we are looking into it again and try if we can find something, which would be fixable with our tools.

I see, must've been something else that was being referenced then. Righto, well hopefully it gets fixed soonish.
8 Jan 2020, 02:16 AM

I have been doing some testing for this bug on Vilshanka and had this scenario happen:

If I select unit #1, then select #2 or #3 there will be no menu for #2 or #3. If I select any other unit, then select #2 or #3, they have menus.

Hope this helps some one figure out the issue.

And also may help some one the next time they get the bug, try selecting different units then back to the missing menu unit. However, it did not fix the menu bug. The unit was always bugged if I selected #1 first.

Think of it as another level of micro. So it a feature now :P

But twice now I have had the bug and could always get it if I selected the same units in the same order. Selected in a different order and the menus were correct.
8 Jan 2020, 12:31 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I have been doing some testing for this bug on Vilshanka and had this scenario happen:

If I select unit #1, then select #2 or #3 there will be no menu for #2 or #3. If I select any other unit, then select #2 or #3, they have menus.

And also may help some one the next time they get the bug, try selecting different units then back to the missing menu unit. However, it did not fix the menu bug. The unit was always bugged if I selected #1 first.

But twice now I have had the bug and could always get it if I selected the same units in the same order. Selected in a different order and the menus were correct.

Test on the other maps, is it the same order?
8 Jan 2020, 12:32 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

sounds funny lul.
would be interesting to see if it happens same way on liene forest.
8 Jan 2020, 12:41 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

sounds funny lul.

The fact that this happens at all just goes further to prove is something is wrong on Relics side, there is no way a map would ever do this without custom scar code.
8 Jan 2020, 17:08 PM

I am still testing but so far:
1) I took the live map files, did not change anything, did not press SAVE, and recompiled it. Got the UI bug.
2) If I change the scenario name and then recompile, I do not get any UI bugs.
3) Changed the scenario name back to original ID string and recompiled. No UI bugs.

I need to test the LIVE compile files vs unchanged files.

LIVE files renamed and compiled creates four major file differences:
- SCENARIOMARKER
- SBG
- _LAO.DDS
- _TDM.DDS

I used HxD HEX EDITOR to compare files at the byte level. The differences were large.

So saving the files in the worldbuilder seems to fix what ever errors exist in those four files.

No SCAR code changes were found. And as we have seen in Lienne Forest, the SCAR code was not changed but the bug was introduced. So it looks like the binary map files are getting bugged at some point.

More testing to come...
8 Jan 2020, 20:07 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I am still testing but so far:
1) I took the live map files, did not change anything, did not press SAVE, and recompiled it. Got the UI bug.
2) If I change the scenario name and then recompile, I do not get any UI bugs.
3) Changed the scenario name back to original ID string and recompiled. No UI bugs.

I need to test the LIVE compile files vs unchanged files.

LIVE files renamed and compiled creates four major file differences:
- SCENARIOMARKER
- SBG
- _LAO.DDS
- _TDM.DDS

I used HxD HEX EDITOR to compare files at the byte level. The differences were large.

So saving the files in the worldbuilder seems to fix what ever errors exist in those four files.

No SCAR code changes were found. And as we have seen in Lienne Forest, the SCAR code was not changed but the bug was introduced. So it looks like the binary map files are getting bugged at some point.

More testing to come...

I did this the multiple times I have sent, they always end up re-bugged, after the upload from Relic.

I have renamed the map, renamed the save, ect;

Bug always comes back. I'm wondering if each recompile completely changes them? And there is a range that is causing the issues in game?
23 Jan 2020, 12:27 PM

sounds funny lul.

I got the UI bug on Lienne yesterday. I was on stream so I did not mess around. But I easily fixed it by selecting a different unit from the upper right unit icons and then reselecting the bugged squad.

Has anyone else had luck with this method?
24 Jan 2020, 12:48 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Saw this bug today on Lienne forest. Happened several time with one conscripts squad and once with KV-8.

Map: Lienne forest
Which player: Me (Osinyagov)
Which unit: KV-8 (once) and conscripts squad (several times)
When: Don't remember the time for KV-8, it was fixed quickly with recklicking on other units, but conscripts faced several times the bug after minute 15 or so.

I was trying to resolve this bug with entering the building, but it came back every time right after i re-click the condcripts. It happened only with one squad, but several times (this squad was in the city near VP, later was on my base untill the end of the game).

Replay (replay section doesn't work for some reason for me):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jEaA10WgvRyzsiMnFHYQfBsVPPYHSYwN
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight