Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger is horrible

27 Nov 2019, 19:29 PM

Going Jadtiger in team games is pure trash. İt can flanked by t-34 and t-34 make jadtiger useless toy. Even if you support jadtiger with raketens your raks will cleared by katyusha or major arty and same scenario will be happen.
27 Nov 2019, 22:17 PM

Going Jadtiger in team games is pure trash. İt can flanked by t-34 and t-34 make jadtiger useless toy. Even if you support jadtiger with raketens your raks will cleared by katyusha or major arty and same scenario will be happen.

That's a really funny way of saying "the enemy does a better job using their combined arms than I do so it's the balance that's bad"
Lay a mine, keep infantry nearby. Play the game and don't expect a single unit to do it all for you.

If it's a team game coordinate a push on the Katy (or are they laying mines and screening with infantry and using AT guns as well as t34s and arty in their well rounded army composition?) the game is about back and forth.
27 Nov 2019, 23:19 PM

Maybe some units are not meta cause they are overshadowed by better commanders. In this case Grand Offensive. Buy JT Is fine, it does not need to be a 2v2 meta.
28 Nov 2019, 09:20 AM

If the design of the JT was actually to 2 shot TDs, it would have 20 more damage and about 300 less penetration. In reality, the Jagdtiger has the highest penetration in the game at 550. Combined with it's slow fire rate, this tells you it is designed to put holes in very big tanks.

The Jagdtiger fills a niche in the OKW lineup that is otherwise not great at killing high armour vehicles.
I agree that the unit is 'unnecessary' against the massed tank destroyers you're complaining about - so why make it better at performing this role as well?

Again, there is no more efficient unit you can build as OKW if you're up against KV1s, IS2, ISU, KV8, KV2 backed up with at guns. If you're not seeing very many of these, maybe don't bother building it and just take advantage of the other really good abilities in the commander.

Against USF or medium spam a Jagdpanzer is almost always a better option. Again, we're talking about 2v2 - there are almost always situations where you can get Stugs and Jagdpanzers into effective range against allied armour and they are CHEAPER and do MORE DPM because of their fire rate.

There was a major Buff to allied TD's especially to the Jackons years ago... (that's were the shit started...) At the release of WFA the Jackons were pure glascannons and OKW had shrecks on volks so no realy problem to deal with pure TD's but after so many changes the "somehow" balancend core design has changed so heavy....

?? Whut ? so JP4 is good vs high armor because of its ROF...panther is ok and KT also... the only thing is the raketen a T0 at gun vs heavy tanks.. .there for volks had shrecks to compensate that.

Idk what rank u play.. but in my games jp4 only sees jacksons when i sneak to them.
first of all u see rifles and then a pak and behind it jackson's.
29 Nov 2019, 17:02 PM
Donator 11

Idk what rank u play.. but in my games jp4 only sees jacksons when i sneak to them.
first of all u see rifles and then a pak and behind it jackson's.

You can see what rank I play from my playercard. Can't see yours though...
29 Nov 2019, 19:51 PM

If the design of the JT was actually to 2 shot TDs, it would have 20 more damage and about 300 less penetration. In reality, the Jagdtiger has the highest penetration in the game at 550. Combined with it's slow fire rate, this tells you it is designed to put holes in very big tanks.

The Jagdtiger fills a niche in the OKW lineup that is otherwise not great at killing high armour vehicles.
I agree that the unit is 'unnecessary' against the massed tank destroyers you're complaining about - so why make it better at performing this role as well?

Again, there is no more efficient unit you can build as OKW if you're up against KV1s, IS2, ISU, KV8, KV2 backed up with at guns. If you're not seeing very many of these, maybe don't bother building it and just take advantage of the other really good abilities in the commander.

Against USF or medium spam a Jagdpanzer is almost always a better option. Again, we're talking about 2v2 - there are almost always situations where you can get Stugs and Jagdpanzers into effective range against allied armour and they are CHEAPER and do MORE DPM because of their fire rate.

There are certain attributes that make units good counters to others. High penetration does indeed help against heavy tanks, but what makes a good counter to a 60 range tank destroyer?

Normally infantry would be the way but if you are looking for specifically a vehicle counter, matching range with superior 1v1 attributes(JP4) or longer range(JT/Ele)gives the advantage. In the same way I disagree with your statement about stug being good against their counterpart allied TDs, I disagree that allied TDs are a "counter" to the super heavy axis TDs.
29 Nov 2019, 23:29 PM
Donator 11

The elephant definitely has a better time vs long range at than the jagdtiger, to be sure. But if you are not going elephant commander, there is no vehicle that cost effectively trades with jacksons better than stugs on the ostheer side, if you can screen for them. Additionally, panzer tactician means they can spring forward and then get out without being picked off.

I think more people need to realise that 3 stugs cost 20 less fuel and only 40 more manpower than 2 Jacksons, in addition to taking up 2 less population overall. They are simply a better option than panthers vs tds, unless you're using both in combination with one another.
3 Dec 2019, 15:00 PM

Jt was good before patch, cause you could spam light vehicles and stukas, cause it didnt require t4 active.
3 Dec 2019, 15:01 PM

I needs a buff to compensate for this.
Like the command panther doctrine got.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 199
unknown 8
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W