Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger is horrible

23 Nov 2019, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2019, 14:17 PMCresc

The ISU152 is pretty bad honestly, maybe it's the same problem with jagdtiger.
These two tanks are of use "on paper" but their performance just doesn't leave any doubt when you have to chose between the doctrines that have ISU/JT and the others.

ISU is meta in 2v2 for a reason. It's a very good unit. JT on the other hand is completely extinct but it seems like people want to keep it like that so not much that can be done.
23 Nov 2019, 14:44 PM

Elefant is still super viable in 2v2. It's still meta too.

You'd see more of the JT if it was in a doctrine with recon, dive bomb, and spotting scopes. Also, since the release of the Grand Offensive commander, who is going to pick a turret-less AT vehicle over a good AT plus AI tank with a turret?
23 Nov 2019, 18:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2019, 13:36 PMKatitof

They never had a place in 1s and in 2s they were literal cancer, I still have nightmares from facing both, ele and jt at the same time.

Good riddance they are niche instead of go-to choice now.

Just a reminder that when ISU152 was at it's top, we did see it in 1v1 and therefore Elephant as well to counter it.
Same with cancer commander UKF and some going JT to counter it.
23 Nov 2019, 18:33 PM

Just a reminder that when ISU152 was at it's top, we did see it in 1v1 and therefore Elephant as well to counter it.
Same with cancer commander UKF and some going JT to counter it.

Well, technically yes, but "when it was OP" literally anything and everything was meta, because, well, it was op and could win games easily. I don't think there is a single unit that didn't made that op=meta list.
23 Nov 2019, 20:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2019, 18:33 PMKatitof

Well, technically yes, but "when it was OP" literally anything and everything was meta, because, well, it was op and could win games easily. I don't think there is a single unit that didn't made that op=meta list.

UKF AT gun emplacement, Suxton.
If you can call "units" to the Paradrop combat group which was close to 1K mp for Paras + support weapon, same with Thompson vehicle crews. Medics.
Flak emplacement and Hetzer.
Artillery field officer, 250 HT with unit inside.
Assault Guards

I'm just saying that while design wise they never had a place on 1v1, they still manage to creep on it due to sheer OPness.
24 Nov 2019, 01:18 AM

UKF AT gun emplacement, Suxton.
If you can call "units" to the Paradrop combat group which was close to 1K mp for Paras + support weapon, same with Thompson vehicle crews. Medics.
Flak emplacement and Hetzer.
Artillery field officer, 250 HT with unit inside.
Assault Guards

I'm just saying that while design wise they never had a place on 1v1, they still manage to creep on it due to sheer OPness.

One thing I want to pull from that is arty officer. Underused absolutely, kinda niche? For sure. Underpowered? Nooooooooo. Being able to call Victor target withiut flares was amazingly broken in team games. Literally doubling the amount of barrage a single werfer could call for 45mu was insanely good for point camping in team games and as much as I love the new arty officer I miss the no flare barrage so much....
24 Nov 2019, 01:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2019, 14:44 PMGrumpy

Also, since the release of the Grand Offensive commander, who is going to pick a turret-less AT vehicle over a good AT plus AI tank with a turret?

I agree and imo its the biggest reason you dont see Breakthrough as much anymore
rqd
24 Nov 2019, 04:10 AM

Give it 60s timed HE rounds, so it can work like isu for limited time.

Actually it's just ele being better so we don't see JT, so give JT another ablilty to make it attractive I guess.
24 Nov 2019, 04:47 AM

Yeah because hardcountering tanks and being able to kill infantry and teamweapons really isn't enough.
24 Nov 2019, 07:28 AM

I think lowering the price on the barrage ability a bit would be a reasonable start. But yea... As long as there's a fussie/tiger commander which is generally easier to find application for I don't see the JT being an attractive choice.
24 Nov 2019, 10:31 AM

This is simply a case of a balanced and solid unit that gets overshadowed by another one... the elefant is busted af because it's in a doctrine with spotting scopes and recon planes

I completely agree with Aerafield here, adding that Jaeger Armor also has the Stuka Dive Bomb to kill artillery (and Riegel mines, which win me quite a lot of games personally). I think that the revamped Breakthrough is a great and fun doctrine, the new Jagdtiger is a good unit, and I had hoped that the new Breakthrough would allow OKW to pick the heavy tank destroyer and give Ostheer some more options for commander picks, but Jaeger Armor is just so damn good and versatile that it will never get dethroned from being the top meta pick. It's a case of a good unit/commander being overshadowed by an even better one.
25 Nov 2019, 02:23 AM

I completely agree with Aerafield here, adding that Jaeger Armor also has the Stuka Dive Bomb to kill artillery (and Riegel mines, which win me quite a lot of games personally). I think that the revamped Breakthrough is a great and fun doctrine, the new Jagdtiger is a good unit, and I had hoped that the new Breakthrough would allow OKW to pick the heavy tank destroyer and give Ostheer some more options for commander picks, but Jaeger Armor is just so damn good and versatile that it will never get dethroned from being the top meta pick. It's a case of a good unit/commander being overshadowed by an even better one.

You guys did do a good job with the offmap on Breakthrough. It is fun to dive with a Panther and drop it in the middle of a large group, particularly if there is a Brit with a FRP. The JT is still okay if you're stuck in the middle of Hill 400 or Red Ball, but worse than the Tiger on most every other map or place. I'm not sure if the changes really affected the trade-off between Breakthrough and Grand Offensive.
25 Nov 2019, 08:35 AM

What I didn't mention in the OP but find very annoying about the JT is that it can't even reliably kill two Allied TDs from the front. A pair of vet 1 Jacksons always beat it even if you just let them sit AFK in front of the JT. With the SU85 it is more RNG because they don't have 300+ penetration but still often not in favour of the JT.
25 Nov 2019, 08:37 AM

What I didn't mention in the OP but find very annoying about the JT is that it can't even reliably kill two Allied TDs from the front. A pair of vet 1 Jacksons always beat it even if you just let them sit AFK in front of the JT. With the SU85 it is more RNG because they don't have 300+ penetration but still often not in favour of the JT.

That's all nice and dandy, but untrue.
25 Nov 2019, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2019, 08:37 AMKatitof

That's all nice and dandy, but untrue.

Test it in cheat mod if you don't believe me. Two HVAP Jacksons beat the JT when sitting AFK in front of it at long range most of the time. Even harder at lower ranges. Two vetted SU 85s beat the JT depending on RNG too. Firefly doesn't have the penetration to reliably penetrate the JT.
25 Nov 2019, 08:48 AM

Uhm? WHAT THE HELL?

when i said in the tournament that jagdtiger is in most cases useless...most of you laugh and deny that ...but here you all say the same?

jagdtiger is crap since it has the same range like ISU and 17pounder. it must have more range due to its HIGH cost, great AT options from allies and easy flank able risks.
25 Nov 2019, 08:54 AM

But that'd be the same with the Elefant? The Elefant and Jagdtiger have 8.75s and 8.8s reload, and 400 armor and 450 armor respectively. Technically the Jagdtiger is better in a frontal afk engagement because of higher bounce chance while having only a negligible lower reload.
25 Nov 2019, 09:30 AM

Imo the CORE issue is that you cant fire while moving, it has that inane fucking issue that means you have to babysit like mad and die like a bitch because you can only get one shot off before they close the gap lmao
25 Nov 2019, 13:47 PM

To be fair with all parties, JT and elephant -super heavy TD design is kind of OP by itself, even now that it's been nerfed. The game itself can't offer enough space for the allied player to react to this units. Jacksons are the living evidence of this, they must be borderline OP because JT can corner all allied premium tanks and TDs and pakwalls can give enough volume of fire to deal with massed mediums.

If we consider buffing or fixing JT then allied must receive considerable indirect fire buffs
25 Nov 2019, 15:23 PM

To be fair with all parties, JT and elephant -super heavy TD design is kind of OP by itself, even now that it's been nerfed. The game itself can't offer enough space for the allied player to react to this units. Jacksons are the living evidence of this, they must be borderline OP because JT can corner all allied premium tanks and TDs and pakwalls can give enough volume of fire to deal with massed mediums.

If we consider buffing or fixing JT then allied must receive considerable indirect fire buffs

- must be hard to smoke the jgtiger place, hit for mother Russia and satchel the jagtiger into the ground
or
- use ram with t34 and destroy the jgtiger with plane callins

- use B4s

- use fast flanking group of armor and deny any DMG from the heavy tankdestoyer... a wolfs pack from 3-5 Easy8 with combine arms make fish foot from any front defense.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★