3%
0%
81%
3%
14%
Total votes: 391
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
22 Nov 2019, 20:53 PM

Just curious to see what factions people find strongest in 1v1 after the tournament and from personal experience. My rankings would go USF - SU - OKW - OST - UKF.
22 Nov 2019, 20:58 PM

I had the same as you, but OKW and Soviets were flipped
A_E
22 Nov 2019, 20:58 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I personally believe Soviets are stronger than USF as OKW are the most viable Axis faction and Soviets can out-power them in the late game reliably, due to superior manpower economy as the game wears on. With USF they tend to trade equally vs. OKW and so the advantage isn't as pronounced.
22 Nov 2019, 21:33 PM

1. USF/Sov
2. Sov/USF
3. OKW
4. OST
5. UKF

1st and 2nd place depend on the matchup, from what I've seen. Like AE said, Sov trades a lot better against OKW, and Maxim "spamming" (2-3 of them) is surprisingly effective early game, since the only 'mortar' is locked behind the less optimal med-truck, and the Luchs comes later than that (or even later, if going puma first). However, USF is stronger against Ost, simply due to the Rifle:Gren matchup, where rifles trade better and scale a lot better into late game. Then the M36 shuts down OST's reliance on vehicles in the late game.

Voted USF > Sov, though, because I'd rather play USF against OKW then Sov against Ost.

22 Nov 2019, 22:03 PM

Sov/USF--->OKW--->Ost--->UKF

USF is better against Ost than Soviets. But Soviets are better against OKW. So number one spot depends on the match-up.
22 Nov 2019, 22:17 PM

Soviets, USF, OKW all seem quite close even after the tourney it's quite hard to call.

Seems to be a clear consensus Ostheer brits as 4th/5th, though Ostheer is still fun and worth playing to me.
22 Nov 2019, 22:48 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Realizing brits are going to be receiving buffs next patch probably..... Historically not good....
22 Nov 2019, 22:52 PM

USF > OST > SOV > OKW > USF I reckon atm.
22 Nov 2019, 22:59 PM

Realizing brits are going to be receiving buffs next patch probably..... Historically not good....

Every faction has had its awful buff patches.

Nothing UKF ever had or did is as bad as the March Deployment reign of terror, IMO.
22 Nov 2019, 23:18 PM

USF is the strongest? LOL! I mean it's good but it's harder to play than OKW and is the most unforgiving.
23 Nov 2019, 00:30 AM

Ostheer is not as bad as people think.
23 Nov 2019, 01:02 AM

Permanently Banned
At least most people agree Ost is fairly weak. That's a good sign.
23 Nov 2019, 01:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Before people start raging "OPOPOPOPOP!!!!!!11!1!11!" again, keep in mind that this ranking does absolutely not say how far the factions are apart in terms of overall power.
23 Nov 2019, 01:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reminder that this vote is solely asking for 1v1.

SU > USF >= OKW > OH (it would be equal if UFS didn't exist) > > > UKF
23 Nov 2019, 02:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Every faction has had its awful buff patches.

Nothing UKF ever had or did is as bad as the March Deployment reign of terror, IMO.

I think Party Cover with Comet spam was more annoying and stronger. You could also dealt with Sim city but it was completely cancer and tedious as it would take a long time.

March deployment was mostly a 1v1 issue. And i'll consider OH release with skill planes, Opel Blitz and bulletins MG42 way more cancer.

Top 10 worst moments:

- Tiger Ace + Windustry
- OKW release for teamgames and USF release for 1v1
- PArty Cover, UKF release on teamgames and CalliOP
- ISG and Pak Howie with suppression
- JT and Fortifications into KT meta. And in 1v1 Rifle company
- Elephant vs ISU meta
- March deployment
- Game release
- Original maxim spam, double sniper and clowncar sniper
- Plenty of short lived patches. Double damage Katyusha/PW. Release week of Assault Grens + Prostruppen. Terminator Partisans. Skillplanes of any sort. CAS meta. KV8 meta. Call in stall meta. B4 meta.
23 Nov 2019, 02:48 AM

Well I voted:

1 - OKW because they start off with shock infantry and a really good mainline infantry thats way cheaper than your opponents unless your talking about conscripts that easily lose to your Volks everytime. Plus no side techs. They dominate in pretty much every stage of the game.

2 - OST because they have no side techs no risky teching everything is cheap and available, they've got stronger late game units than what's available to the Allied factions. As long as you know the maps well you can dominate early on with the rediculous MG42. If you're a noob with this faction It'll be tougher but once you get the hang of they'll dominate. OKW is still better and easier which is why you see them more in tournaments, why take a risk on OST when OKW is so much better? Doesn't make OST bad at all though.

3 - Soviets, because they've got the only good tech tree on the Allied side and some decent starting units. Stock armor late game sucks unless you pick an IS2 or T34/85 doctrine.

4 - USF way more risky to play and harder to come back from mistakes than other factions. The Jackson buffs and Riflemen buffs have helped a lot but USF still requires more intense micro than other factions. It does have a good armor suite both, light and medium, plus the Jackson is the best TD in the game (for now, unless the Wehraboos get their way). The down side though is everything is really expenisve and teching is not easy and often risky.

5 - UKF easily the hardest and weakest faction right now. The repeated and merciless nerfs over the last few patches have done a number on UKF. Basically they need a mobile mortar and more infantry options stock. Or just revert a couple of the nerfs, I don't know they need something though. Comet is in a pretty good spot though. Churchill was over nerfed.
23 Nov 2019, 03:48 AM

I think Party Cover with Comet spam was more annoying and stronger. You could also dealt with Sim city but it was completely cancer and tedious as it would take a long time.

March deployment was mostly a 1v1 issue. And i'll consider OH release with skill planes, Opel Blitz and bulletins MG42 way more cancer.

Top 10 worst moments:

- Tiger Ace + Windustry
- OKW release for teamgames and USF release for 1v1
- PArty Cover, UKF release on teamgames and CalliOP
- ISG and Pak Howie with suppression
- JT and Fortifications into KT meta. And in 1v1 Rifle company
- Elephant vs ISU meta
- March deployment
- Game release
- Original maxim spam, double sniper and clowncar sniper
- Plenty of short lived patches. Double damage Katyusha/PW. Release week of Assault Grens + Prostruppen. Terminator Partisans. Skillplanes of any sort. CAS meta. KV8 meta. Call in stall meta. B4 meta.

How did the UKF on release not make your list, specifically the Crocodile? I stopped playing OKW 1v1's for awhile, largely due to that one unit.
23 Nov 2019, 03:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2019, 23:18 PMCODGUY
USF is the strongest? LOL! I mean it's good but it's harder to play than OKW and is the most unforgiving.

Why is it harder to play? I'm equally good with both but I find USF a lot easier to play. Having the best mainline in the game + free squads is pretty amazing since you can cap wherever you like and your opponent always needs squad + support or 2 squads to contest you.

Pack Howitzer is uncounterable on many maps, and if I'm ahead I can bleed/wipe my opponent to death with a quick Sherman, if I'm behind I can use zooks to stall for a Jackson, which counters all Axis armour.

Only difficulty I have with USF is choosing a doctrine - I often go for mines + sandbags but mechanised and recon company have loads of goodies to offer too.

When playing USF/Sov/Allies it's the OKW elite infantry and quick repair times + good tanks that always cause me pain. I've never once felt that Volks "dominate" at any point, unless I'm matched against someone much higher ranked than I am. That's probably your problem tbh, you're constantly getting matched against players who are far too skilled for you to handle, hence your misconception about Volks/Grens "dominating". Try playing some Axis and you'll understand the game better.
23 Nov 2019, 06:26 AM

SU > USF > OKW > UKF > WEHR

UKF is in a good spot in team games. Stronger then Wehr.
However in 1v1, they are too slow to reach their final form.
And their emplacement takes up mobility in smaller maps.

Let i asked, bofors and aec both should be techable.
23 Nov 2019, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2019, 03:48 AMGrumpy

How did the UKF on release not make your list, specifically the Crocodile? I stopped playing OKW 1v1's for awhile, largely due to that one unit.

Or six months of Penals with ourah and flamers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS