Login

russian armor

How to Deal with SVT cons as Ostheer ?

20 Nov 2019, 12:59 PM

So you get a game against SOV on some balanced 1v1 map like Crossroads. He goes for 4 cons and you go for MG and 3 grens. Then at 3:30 mark you see it! The planes carrying 45muni packages start flying over your opponents base and you know you are against SVT cons. What is the best reactionary course of action? What commander is the best counter pick? In this scenario we assume that the SOV player is going for support weapon company and then t70 within the first 8-9 minutes of the game.

EDIT:
The issue I'm having here is that no matter what upgrade I get for my grens the Cons are going to win them easily and more economically: 5Men grens lose at every range. g43 grens win only if they are magically teleported within 5m of cons. LMG are the favour at the max range engagement, but SVT cons still can still occasionally roll good RNG and win. And no one in rank 100 or better is that brainAFK anyways to just stay in max range fight with LMG grens for a min for grens to win. When I get 222 or 251 flamer they only have minute until ZIS hits the field. If I go for two LW he has no problem going for second ZIS and then there goes my LV game.
6 Dec 2019, 13:27 PM

Hello there, i am an exlusive soviet main, and this is one of my openers. Con>Con>Con>Molly>Medic>Con (add SVTs when availible). If anything sounds patronizing, just know, it's not.

I am not an Axis player by any means, but this is just my take.

1. Build mines in strategic positions,even though we can see the S-mines, it will still deter us from going until we can get a mine sweeper, even then just get an MG-42 to cover your mines. Also get Anti vehicle mines to counter the T-70 that WILL always come. Players nearly always get too cocky with the T-70 and try to get retreating squad wipes, use that to your advantage.

2. Utilizing CQC troops and Ambush tactics - I think Storm Troopers would be amazing for this, especially since they get camoflage and "Hold fire". Set them somewhere smart, as the cons advance, rip them apart CQC with a set of grens firing.

3. Fight smart engagements. If you are being attacked with more you can handle, leave the fight, and cap one of his points. Soviets have pretty bad MGs, therefore you won't really need to worry about an entrenched MG.

4. Snipers can counter support weapons. Or again, set some troops up in a flanking position to attack the ZIS gun. You should be able to see the ZIS gun before you lose your vehicle. Send infantry first to scout, if it seems clear then advance light vehicles. Your 222's take 2 shots to kill anyway. By the time he gets that 1st shot off you should be able to engage with infantry. Don't forget to leave infantry as a barrier between your LV, Cons like to "OOHRAH" and AT nade.

I think if played properly, OKW MP40 Volks would do well, especially with the whole "Sprint".

As a soviet player i can admit that the Soviets are strong. But i don't think it was the SVT-Cons that makes it so.

The T-70 is the soviets crutch unit. And Penals are still amazing, especially if you add a shock troop into the mix.

6 Dec 2019, 14:10 PM

Spamming SVT drops means no munitions for mines or AT nades. Flame halftruck might not be a bad idea, just beware of a 6min Dshka and try to keep the opponent away from the muni points.
7 Dec 2019, 22:39 PM

Like Stormjager said, dropping SVTs means not upgrading flamers, planting mines, buying PTRS rifles or sticking a quad on an M3.

If they get SVTs, exploit what they don't have.
8 Dec 2019, 01:34 AM

Conscripts get supressed very fast, exploit that.

Immediate Response:
Get a second MG42. That´s a good immediate response. Assign one grenadier squad to "tactical snuggeling" with each of your MGs.

Your opponents either needs to rush in or fight your MG42s at longer range.

General Defensive Tactic:
Keep your whole army roughly in one area. You don´t want all these little dogfights around every corner.
Spot with your grenadiers and set up the MGs accordingly. Ideally covers one MG the other one.
Conscripts do more damage with their SVTs rifles, but they still get suppressed really fast.

How to get into the lategame:

Get one/two AT gun and lay down tellers. Stall for Tiger.
Panzergrenadiers with G43-rifles can also be a lifesaver.

Troll Part <444>3
DON´T listen to Comrade Jayray :). He´s the wicked enemy :). He did even admit that:). He doesn´t want to help you. A sniper???? A sniper cripples you completely against conscript spam and the T70 doomsday-machine. See what I am talking about? Comrade Jayray just tries to get your trust in the first place with one or two good hints and then he suggests a "sniper"...face it....he only wants you to loose the next 100 hundred games. He is a damn soviet-abo. Don´t trust these scary people. They are all mean and nasty!
8 Dec 2019, 17:44 PM
9 Dec 2019, 17:22 PM

Conscripts get supressed very fast, exploit that.

Immediate Response:
Get a second MG42. That´s a good immediate response. Assign one grenadier squad to "tactical snuggeling" with each of your MGs.

Your opponents either needs to rush in or fight your MG42s at longer range.

General Defensive Tactic:
Keep your whole army roughly in one area. You don´t want all these little dogfights around every corner.
Spot with your grenadiers and set up the MGs accordingly. Ideally covers one MG the other one.
Conscripts do more damage with their SVTs rifles, but they still get suppressed really fast.

How to get into the lategame:

Get one/two AT gun and lay down tellers. Stall for Tiger.
Panzergrenadiers with G43-rifles can also be a lifesaver.

Troll Part <444>3
DON´T listen to Comrade Jayray :). He´s the wicked enemy :). He did even admit that:). He doesn´t want to help you. A sniper???? A sniper cripples you completely against conscript spam and the T70 doomsday-machine. See what I am talking about? Comrade Jayray just tries to get your trust in the first place with one or two good hints and then he suggests a "sniper"...face it....he only wants you to loose the next 100 hundred games. He is a damn soviet-abo. Don´t trust these scary people. They are all mean and nasty!

B-)B-)B-)

Oh come on, We all know snipers are good for countering support weapons. Gotta get that micro
9 Dec 2019, 23:31 PM

B-)B-)B-)

Oh come on, We all know snipers are good for countering support weapons. Gotta get that micro

It´s all fine :). You are right about that micro part.
It was very interesting to hear advice from a soviet main.
Thanks for your tipps :) They are appreciated! <444>3
Gotta try that out next game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight