Login

russian armor

Victory at Stalingrad on next week

9 Nov 2013, 04:03 AM

You people are being scammed and you're either A. too stupid to realize it or B. too blind to care.
9 Nov 2013, 04:38 AM

You people are being scammed and you're either A. too stupid to realize it or B. too blind to care.

Or C. You're too butthurt to see it's more complex than that.

I do agree, Relic/Sega is skirting the lines of value and pay 2 win. Some cases, before patches and nerfs, they had easily stepped over it.

On the other hand.. did we not get a complete product already? Multiplayer worked, with some problems, but it worked. There's a whole campaign, and the Theater or War content on top of that.

We've gotten a plethora of free commanders and constant balance patches since launch.
9 Nov 2013, 05:03 AM

First of all, I have issue with your last sentence. Some people paid 100 bucks on a preorder and then got royally fucking screwed by Relic. I mean they were just T-total shafted, and the people who bought the CE were probably the most loyal of COH fans. Not even an apology was uttered. It was more of a passive aggressive comment that came from Noun of, "We never said that"

Further, so because something "works" (the limits of the definition of work are up for debate here) that's ok in late 2013 to warrant a total price of a 150$ mediocre at best video game?

Wolfenstein worked too. I fucked Hitler up something fierce. I paid 10 bucks or something.

That being said, it's one thing if they charged these micro-transactions and had an established record of updates and a clear cut vision for this game. Unfortunately, they don't and they haven't since the ToV team took over from the last game. Each patch has been a massive clusterfuck of change. It will be a never ending cycle and when this turnip has been fully bled, Relic will bounce to another game or be disbanded, which ever comes first, with their loot. Only the daft don't see the pattern which has emerged.

To charge money for something that will only cause more headaches for people and require more updates and patches is completely wrong. However, it's genius if you want to sell more assault grens and ostruppen to people who want to win.

I think Basilone said it to me best over Steam "This game is for noobs, by noobs"

He's exactly right.

9 Nov 2013, 05:09 AM

I see the commanders as a toy. I bought a couple of them and each of them brought more variety into the game.

It's a temporary thing. I haven't played the game much in a month but I am going to reinstall (lol) the game again for the Nov. 12th update. and play around with my new toys. Then, I will tire of playing after a bit and uninstall until the next big update.
9 Nov 2013, 05:10 AM

9 Nov 2013, 05:36 AM

You paid 100 for a preorder where you knew exactly what you were getting. Period. Stop trying to make it more than it seems and own up to your poor financial judgement. All the information was there right in front of you. This silly argument needs to stop, because the entirety of your butthurtness seems to emanate from that.

Heck, I even know the collector's edition was crap the moment I saw it, all collector's editions are that. It is your fault for falling into that trap. What's more, Sega sets the CE contents, not Relic.

Wolfenstein and all its iterations were full priced back when they were released. As is CoH2. Not sure where you're going with this line because it just sounds like more general butthurtedness.

DLC commanders can work and can be balanced. And yes, I agree that their initial application had a ton of problems. And even if they were released balance, they would still need further patches as the meta shifts.

Basilone is just one player, of a larger community that overall is having fun in the game. It's the same butthurtness in him that I see in you for calling everyone else names just because he doesn't like something.

And the game does have problems, I've expressed them many times. And a bunch have been fixed already, and they keep getting fixed.

Lastly, if you are that butthurt about the game, just leave it and the community instead of trying to call everyone else names and expecting everyone to see your oh so glorious wisdom, when in reality all we see is someone that stupidly paid too much for yet another crap collector's edition and is now whining is face off about it.

I'm watching CoH2's post release development closely and I actually am prepared to leave the game and the community if Relic/Sega shows that is unwilling or incapable of releasing a balanced paid DLC commander. I've done it before, and I've already gotten my money's worth out of CoH2 from the campaign, ToW, and what I played of MP. I'll leave satisfied with the game, but disappointed with Relic and Sega, but there's plenty of other games to play.
9 Nov 2013, 06:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2013, 05:36 AMTurtle

I'm watching CoH2's post release development closely and I actually am prepared to leave the game and the community if Relic/Sega shows that is unwilling or incapable of releasing a balanced paid DLC commander. I've done it before, and I've already gotten my money's worth out of CoH2 from the campaign, ToW, and what I played of MP. I'll leave satisfied with the game, but disappointed with Relic and Sega, but there's plenty of other games to play.

Your post by definition proves that you have not in fact, left the community. You spent your money and how you feel about it doesn't matter. And how disappointed are you really if you're still willing to come back and pay for everything that is released? That's the right kind of disappointed customer if you ask me. Probably better than a happy one.

Chances are I will not pay for any of the commanders like I did after Case Blue. Only reason I paid for those was because there was no way to compete against them without them. ...until they were fixed after a week or two (worth of sales). It was very unclear how (and if) those changes were going to occur in that time, and it left a rather sour taste as far as paid commanders are concerned. Not to mention the features those commanders introduced always (and still do) feel like they should be apart of the core game, and not as a tactical doctrine decision that costs more money to be able to choose. The soviet FHQ made me realize that there was going to be very little room or chance for FHQs to be available to players in any way that's not through commander choice and/or more money.

It's kind of annoying to be asked to pay for features that really should be apart of the core game because they are things the core game needs to be complete and competitive.

9 Nov 2013, 07:43 AM
Patrion 14

First of all, I have issue with your last sentence. Some people paid 100 bucks on a preorder and then got royally fucking screwed by Relic. I mean they were just T-total shafted, and the people who bought the CE were probably the most loyal of COH fans.

I knew exactly what I bought. As stated, it was there in plain writing. And I dont consider myself screwed over. Those who are feeling that way either A didnt really look what was in preorder OR didnt read up on the changes when sega took over. Everything was in there.

Further, so because something "works" (the limits of the definition of work are up for debate here) that's ok in late 2013 to warrant a total price of a 150$ mediocre at best video game? Wolfenstein worked too. I fucked Hitler up something fierce. I paid 10 bucks or something. That being said, it's one thing if they charged these micro-transactions and had an established record of updates and a clear cut vision for this game. Unfortunately, they don't and they haven't since the ToV team took over from the last game. Each patch has been a massive clusterfuck of change.

Everything wasnt fine and dandy at release I give you that. But I think all patches have been for the better (with the exclusion of the initial launch of osttruppen and assgrens). Now if you know that the ToV team is doing this AND you seem to have a problem with them, why did you bother in the first place? Why do you keep bothering? If you dont like the game or devs, why do you stick here and post cranky posts? Bitter much?

I think Basilone said it to me best over Steam "This game is for noobs, by noobs"
He's exactly right.

I can hardly see why his opionion should be more important than any others. I do agree however that there are a couple of elements that make this game less suitable for e-sports high lvl play. On the other hand, this might give it bigger appeal for a wider audience. And a wider audience might also provide more money and a longer life to the game.
9 Nov 2013, 07:59 AM

You paid 100 for a preorder where you knew exactly what you were getting. Period. Stop trying to make it more than it seems and own up to your poor financial judgement. All the information was there right in front of you. This silly argument needs to stop, because the entirety of your butthurtness seems to emanate from that.

Heck, I even know the collector's edition was crap the moment I saw it, all collector's editions are that. It is your fault for falling into that trap. What's more, Sega sets the CE contents, not Relic.

Wolfenstein and all its iterations were full priced back when they were released. As is CoH2. Not sure where you're going with this line because it just sounds like more general butthurtedness.

DLC commanders can work and can be balanced. And yes, I agree that their initial application had a ton of problems. And even if they were released balance, they would still need further patches as the meta shifts.

Basilone is just one player, of a larger community that overall is having fun in the game. It's the same butthurtness in him that I see in you for calling everyone else names just because he doesn't like something.

And the game does have problems, I've expressed them many times. And a bunch have been fixed already, and they keep getting fixed.

Lastly, if you are that butthurt about the game, just leave it and the community instead of trying to call everyone else names and expecting everyone to see your oh so glorious wisdom, when in reality all we see is someone that stupidly paid too much for yet another crap collector's edition and is now whining is face off about it.

I don't have the collector's edition. Although I can totally identify with those who did and felt screwed.
9 Nov 2013, 08:10 AM

Everything wasnt fine and dandy at release I give you that. But I think all patches have been for the better (with the exclusion of the initial launch of osttruppen and assgrens). Now if you know that the ToV team is doing this AND you seem to have a problem with them, why did you bother in the first place? Why do you keep bothering? If you dont like the game or devs, why do you stick here and post cranky posts? Bitter much?

Because I paid 60+ dollars to be able to. I asked for my money back very quickly after release as well, publicly on this forum. Plus, I hate to see people kiss other people's ass for no good reason what so ever.

What you don't understand is that the supporting framework to hold up and support this kind of system simply doesn't exist in this game or @ the Relic office. Archaic network stability, technical issues with blizzards, I've been over this 1 million times in other threads. Christ, there are STILL NO FUCKING CHAT LOBBIES OR ACCESSIBLE LEADERBOARDS SAVE FOR A COMMUNITY FAN SITE. It's a complete regression from their last effort. Yet, they want to charge you dupes for more commanders that will throw the balance out of the window for God knows how many weeks until some savior patch comes (insert a picture of you bending over thanking them and asking for another), and then BOOM more commanders. The cycle starts all over again. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Like fucking wake up, seriously.

If Relic wanted this game to not suck, they'd address all the technical issues and all the other basic crap that makeup not just an rts but a basic 21st century online video game FIRST. They'd pump money into promoting tournaments and feedback that could give them more data for how the game should go from here. They'd deal with sync hacks/drop hacks/all known cheating issues. They'd institute community outreach programs like this:

***HEY FILL OUT THIS ONLINE SURVEY ABOUT TECHNICAL AND GAMEPLAY ISSUES AND GET THIS NEW COMMANDER***

^^^That's a decent approach to start with.

Right now it looks like "Hey, buy these commanders, trust us. We'll fix the game."

Meanwhile their trust rating is about as good as the people who keep drop/sync hacking in their game without any recourse - fucking shady at best.
9 Nov 2013, 08:29 AM

Your post by definition proves that you have not in fact, left the community. You spent your money and how you feel about it doesn't matter. And how disappointed are you really if you're still willing to come back and pay for everything that is released? That's the right kind of disappointed customer if you ask me. Probably better than a happy one.

If you had actually read the paragraph you had quoted. You would have understood that I said, I am prepared to leave the game and community if I ever thought they went too far and weren't trying to correct things. Thus I am still around. I've left a good many games behind and communities, some happily, others not so. It'll be easy enough for me to leave CoH2 if they get to the point.

And staying while you're so upset that you're calling everyone names just seems counterproductive since you're accomplishing nothing, and just stressing yourself out for nothing. Might as well leave if you have such a problem.

Still nothing more than whining about poor financial control honestly.

Oh and there will never be lobbies like the old style. But the upcoming chat system that uses steam groups is as good as you're going to get, if not better.

Like fucking give it a rest already and leave.

We get it, you're upset. And some of those things you're upset about. But you're not some prophet who has seen some magical truth. If anything, you need to wake up, if you're at the point where you're telling people to wake up like you've seen something we all haven't.
9 Nov 2013, 08:47 AM

yea, there is a point where complaining doesnt get anywhere. However, I must add that, in line with my other posts, Relic needed to listen LESS to players in a lot of things like new units and OP this and that, but listen MORE when it comes to basic things like ladders and ranking system.
9 Nov 2013, 15:07 PM

But we didn't know exactly what we were getting. The store page description is at worst a downright lie, and at best intentionally misleading...or the person that wrote it is just completely incompetent and fucked people on accident. It says:

-25 camos
-List of new commanders (which had no individual store page for preview at the time)
-Theater of War Minipack
-faceplate :O

25 camos is a total hoax, it is like 8 camos but they consider the same pattern a different camo because of different tank sizes. New commanders were in fact nothing new at all, it was just content that I already owned jumbled around differently. The amount of misrepresentation there, intentional or no, is in no way acceptable. The worst part was a day or two before the game released I asked to cancel preorder on a steam ticket and asked if the money could be added to my paypal (I paid with steam wallet funds). The response I got was "no you cannot transfer the money back to your paypal" and completely ignored the request for a refund. Whether Valve or Sega was responsible for that I don't know, but either way that should entitle me to a refund if they blew me off the first time.

Moving along, even if those two major pitches in the CE were true, that is still a horrendous value. I bought that thinking $100 would set me good for almost if not a year, like it does for any BF or CoD game. If I knew that the $100 of extremely minimal content would be spanned out over 2-3 months and I would have to buy even more shit as early as September, I probably would have never even bought the game.

9 Nov 2013, 19:44 PM

If you dont like the game or devs, why do you stick here and post cranky posts? Bitter much? "Because I paid 60+ dollars to be able to."

So Dave, im sorry to say i read your posts even tho i wish i never had. And i see you hate when people kiss other people's ass for no good reason and you can rest assured i won`t do that, even though i see you and Basilone is hard at it allready. "This game is for noobs, by noobs" jeez, did you really? I also assume after reading your posts that you can handle some critisicm and faul language as i see you recklessly dish that out yourself.

Firstly why should anyone be interested in your unproductive whining about the game that many on this site regards as their all time favorite? As you should been aware of this is a fan-page for the same game which you in your miserly ways try to blame everything that is wrong with the gaming industry on today. It simply becomes embarrasing when you argue in these ways actually calling out the fanbase and community of this brilliant game-series for idiots and what not in your own charmless way and haven`t even understood the different roles between a developer and a publisher, but here you are still blaming Relic... I must say i find it absurd how you keep hanging around with a post count of over three hundred with probably most of them rants cause you did not get it all exactly your way and ofc for free. Everything should be for free right? Sticking around like a venereal disease and this is your contribution? No doubt you clearly have a problem but this game is the least of em im afraid.

CoH have been my and many others favorite game since its release back in 2006 and im so glad Relic tok most of the brilliance with them over to CoH2 and at the same time added some great new mechanics without parting to much with the winning formula from what most of us recognize as the best WW2 RTS game ever made.

So even if you clearly don`t appriciate the quality and are unable to enjoy this game, do not expect us to be a part of this butthurt agenda of your. Please take your moaning elswhere as of now you`r just a liability for the future progress of this game and its community.

By the way, the 60 bucks you paid was NOT a ticket for unlimited retardness even tho you thought so pretty please move on allready
9 Nov 2013, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2013, 08:29 AMTurtle

And staying while you're so upset that you're calling everyone names just seems counterproductive since you're accomplishing nothing, and just stressing yourself out for nothing. Might as well leave if you have such a problem.

...I'm calling everyone names?

Still nothing more than whining about poor financial control honestly.

Oh and there will never be lobbies like the old style. But the upcoming chat system that uses steam groups is as good as you're going to get, if not better.

Like fucking give it a rest already and leave.

Who are you responding to?

We get it, you're upset. And some of those things you're upset about. But you're not some prophet who has seen some magical truth. If anything, you need to wake up, if you're at the point where you're telling people to wake up like you've seen something we all haven't.

Wut?

You know, I guess I did point out my personal frustrations with the game and how it has been developed thus far. I think it is a perfectly productive thing to do to broadcast an issue with a game I've bought, and am unlikely to continue playing (and paying for) new releases due to the kinds of changes and how they are being implemented.

The only other avenue I really have is to be heard is through my money. And if all I do is stop paying for new releases, that's only going to punish Relic (through SEGA). I'd prefer that not to be the only thing that happens so I'd like to have it known that at least in my case, the method of paid DLC commanders being the vehicle of new content for multiplayer is not a model I support or subscribe to. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I don't think I am.
10 Nov 2013, 02:13 AM

You paid 100 for a preorder where you knew exactly what you were getting. Period. Stop trying to make it more than it seems and own up to your poor financial judgement. All the information was there right in front of you.

It took 2 months, after the game was released, of intense pressure and spamming forums with complaints by a significant number of people who bought COH2 to even get an answer from Relic. Regarding public chats, Public custom games, in-game friends etc.

So much for your 'all the information was there right in front of you'

Advert said multiplayer that fans have grown to expect from this franchise which was even re-worded to 'from this game' later on

If you ask me, it never even occurred to me that COH2 won't have public chat, in-game friends, public custom games and other features I have grown to expect from COH

You are defending un-defendable, information was scarce and the whole thing was very secretive, as opposed to what you are claiming..
10 Nov 2013, 03:04 AM

so the only thing i want to know is can someone from relic PLEASE STATE YES OR NO?

Will Victory at Stalingrad TOW be given to those who got the CE edition or pre-ordered?

not the commanders, but the TOW Victory at Stalingrad
10 Nov 2013, 03:26 AM

So, instead of trying to bring in new people into the game, they start milking everyone who is playing.

This is the kind of shit that drives people away. When they did it for Case Blue, I pretty much didn't play for a month in protest.

This is just ridiculous. The community thought that this was just wrong for Case Blue and yet they continue this with "Victory at Stalingrad".

At this point in time, I think it's hit a stage where the accessories cost as much as the bloody game. This is unacceptable.
10 Nov 2013, 03:40 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Nobody has asked the most important question which is, which community members designed commanders with tank traps?! Come on, fess up. I know it was one of you...
10 Nov 2013, 04:21 AM

Nobody has asked the most important question which is, which community members designed commanders with tank traps?! Come on, fess up. I know it was one of you...

Hahaha EVERY LITTLE CRAP is added as a stupid pay 2 win commander even tank traps.

We already have more commander/doctrinal Units then normal Standard Units like Panzer 4, Panther, SU-85, T-34 and its even getting worse because more and more commanders are on its way.

There will be king tiger commander, Jagdpanther commander, Jagdpanzer IV/70 commander, KV-85 commander, SU-100 commander(endless list goes on................ ITS so idiotic that this game will have 10000000 commander/doctrinal Units and only a few non-doctrinal Standard Units(T-34, Panzer IV......).

Even tank traps are doctrinal :-)

BTW adding more commanders with new Units doesn t give you more Options or a bigger variety in gameplay it only gives you DIFFERENT Options.The amount of Options you have in a game is always the same = Standard Units + 5 commander Units/Abilitys.

This game would be so much fun if relic would add more non commander stuff to the game but everything will be add as a stupid pay 2 win commander.Things like tank traps and KV-1 should be nomal Standard Units buildable in your Tiers.Relic is not interested in making a fun game they are only interested in making Money by spamming there stupid pay 2 win commanders.

In 6-7 months we will have around 100 commanders for both sides.Its just insane.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight