Login

russian armor

AE's contributions to this community

19 Nov 2019, 18:22 PM

I feel like they are not valued enough.

Thank you AE for being a very good caster and tournament organizer. I feel like you were at your all-time best during those casts in the finals weekend. Very good work.

Also thanks to Ed, Stormless and everyone who casted the quarter-finals and round of 16 games.

19 Nov 2019, 18:32 PM

Agreed. Even though the appreciation isn't always as vocal, I hope the amount of Twitch/Steam (15-20k?) and YouTube views (5.2k views on the finals in a day) are sufficient indication that people really like the effort put into all this. Nevertheless I'd like to thank AE and all the other casters and organizers, as well as referees and Relic, for continuing to give us great entertainment.
19 Nov 2019, 18:36 PM

19 Nov 2019, 18:53 PM

Let's give a shout out for all the other casters who pitched in their efforts with all the games going on!

Yall have our thanks for providing us with great content.

Also the players for death matching each other :P
MMX
20 Nov 2019, 03:55 AM

agreed! although A_E may not be my favourite caster, his contributions to this community are invaluable and and imho one of the reasons the game is still alive and well today. many great names have come and gone during the years, let's hope A_E is here to stay and keeps up the fantastic work (gcs3, perhaps?)!
A_E
20 Nov 2019, 09:37 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Cheers dudes, I have put a lot into trying to continue the great work of previous tournament organisers/casters that I was a fan of in CoH1, thank you for the kind words. Again all not possible without support and others hard work in turn.
20 Nov 2019, 18:23 PM

Thank you A_E! My favorite caster for sure, love the energy and excitement you have in big moments
30 Nov 2019, 06:08 AM
Patrion 310

Let's give a shout out for all the other casters who pitched in their efforts with all the games going on!

Yall have our thanks for providing us with great content.

Also the players for death matching each other :P

+1
I love the passion the casters/streamers have put into this franchise. It's one of CoH's core strength.

As for AE's mixed popularity, the core community is still divided between the "Old Guard/CoH1" and "New Guard/CoH2". I'm not blaming AE/Stormless for this schism, but Relic needs to take this into account.
CoH3 likely will be Relic's last chance reaching out to CoH1 fans.

The Starcraft community had similar problems as when SC2 launched South Korea was still predominant "Old Guard//StarCraft: Brood War" etc..
https://esportsobserver.com/starcraft-ii-esports-essentials/
*SNIP*
Brood War remained so popular in South Korea that Blizzard eventually released a remastered version of the game in 2017 and launched a new esports league for it.

As a result of StarCraft’s unparalleled popularity in the country, South Korean pros dominated the scene throughout Brood War’s entire lifespan. Few non-Korean players could even come close to keeping up with the best that South Korea had to offer. This did not discourage many from trying, and StarCraft remained popular as a spectator esport in the West.

By the time that StarCraft II came out in 2010, Brood War was an institution. Diehards were reluctant to move on to the new game, especially many of the established Korean professionals who continued to play Brood War, and thus a schism formed in the scene. This was further exacerbated in 2010 when a match-fixing scandal involving 11 players (Including Ma ‘Savior’ Jae Yoon, one of the most famous names in Brood War’s history) rocked the integrity of the professional scene. This incident, along with other external factors and the pre-existing schism, are widely credited for the decline of Brood War.

For CoH3 I hope the community can put aside their differences and focus on building one RTS community that all fans can be proud of.

That is all,
Peace out
A_E
30 Nov 2019, 15:35 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Considering I'm a CoH1 and CoH2 fan and have cast tournaments and enjoyed both games equally, seeing no merit to the old arguments.

I find your comments here irrelevant and out of date.
30 Nov 2019, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2019, 15:35 PMA_E

Agree. The old vcoh vs coh2 debate really is over.
1 Dec 2019, 01:34 AM

I for one, very much appreciate all of our communities casters. I watch far more games than I play and that’s only possible due to the efforts of AE and others like him.

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you.

And thanks too to blvckdream for starting this thread.
1 Dec 2019, 05:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Its not about finding the coh1 community again, its about making the third game with the strengths of both games.

Also thank you A_E for all your efforts!
4 Dec 2019, 05:38 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2019, 15:35 PMA_E

Considering I'm a CoH1 and CoH2 fan and have cast tournaments and enjoyed both games equally, seeing no merit to the old arguments.

I hope your right. I really do.

YouTuber Spirit Of The Law talk about building his AoE channel and the danger of fracturing the AoE community.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/age-of-empires-ii-definitive-edition/spirit-of-the-law
*SNIP*
What do you think AoE2: Definitive will bring to the table in terms of AoE2’s future?

I’m optimistic about Definitive Edition. I’m not involved with the beta, so I don’t have any inside knowledge about it, but my hope is that it’s either amazing or terrible. If it’s just okay, I think it runs the risk of fracturing the community between those who prefer the current versions available. So far everything looks really promising to me from the screenshots and gameplay that’s been teased. It has a lot of quality of life improvements, while keeping the core experience intact.

4 Dec 2019, 10:06 AM

But AoE is one of these games, similar to StarCraft, where its scene has thrived on essentially breaking and exploiting systems which were never really designed for competitive play. Company of Heroes is a far better designed RTS in that respect, and won't have the same issue of a playerbase having to unlearn or relearn all the stupid tricks that won them tournaments in previous installments.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★