Login

russian armor

World Championship aftermath

18 Nov 2019, 19:34 PM
Donator 22

What are your thoughts?
  • I liked it a lot!
  • super happy to see Osterheer and USF again
  • awesome to see some new stuff like Nogganos rear echolon opening or Vons douple jeep victory over Luvnest
  • a lot of games that went past the 20min mark, which is super cool as a viewer
  • happy to see is stretched out over several weekends
  • would love to hear some comments from the players. Did you like it? what did they enjoy?

18 Nov 2019, 20:09 PM

Did Noggano pick okw in game 5 or did Luvnest pick faction? If Noggano picked okw instead of usf/sov then it was suicide.
18 Nov 2019, 20:29 PM

Noggano had faction pick. :snfBarton:
18 Nov 2019, 21:02 PM
Patrion 15

Great Tournament!
I almoust get as exited for these big events as i used to get for football worldcups years ago.

Great competition overall and the finals were coh2 at its best.
Some creative strategies - Noggano in the finals and Aimstrong in the early rounds come to mind.

Fantastic to see all those new asian players.

Nice to have so many casters for different games that were live at the same time.

Excelent casting as ever in the end in a professional environment from AE and Stormless + Ed!

The skill-level at which the game is played at top level seemed to still have improved by a good bit over the last year and lots of games where decided by just tiny advantages one player had over the other.

That all said - overall i liked the meta and the format with double elimination in GCS2 a tiny bit better - those massed medium tanks that especially Talisman fielded where really exiting to watch. this time it was more dominated by the super tanks and some games i watched games were played more carefully. The variety of strategies also seemed to be a bit lover this time.

I hated the fact that Aimstrong and Hans got knocked out so fast versus the best players because i really wanted to see more of them - especially more of Aimstrongs Wehrmacht-play.

Too bad that kimbo could not play though i fully understand why he was not allowed to compete- I would have really liked to see what he could have done this year.

What happend with prodigy anyway? He was on my list of candidates to win the title.

I am already exited for the next big event.

18 Nov 2019, 21:48 PM

Noggano had faction pick. :snfBarton:

That’s abhorrent. He should have gone USF. He destroyed Luvnest in game 3 and could definitely have won. Picking OKW was a horrible mistake and he paid for it.
18 Nov 2019, 22:05 PM

What happend with prodigy anyway? He was on my list of candidates to win the title.

He lost 2 matches in quite quick order against Asiamint and didn't play the third match.

Heard from someone that Prodi said he didn't really want to play in the tournament, but that people expected it from him. Don't know the reason why though.
18 Nov 2019, 23:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That’s abhorrent. He should have gone USF. He destroyed Luvnest in game 3 and could definitely have won. Picking OKW was a horrible mistake and he paid for it.

TBH, he "destroyed" Luvnest, after losing 3 squads in the early game and Luvnest basically gift him 3 more expensive units in return.

RET spam was going horrible and Luvnest had either to rush a bit faster that P2 or play safely and gaining map control with the P2. I don't think he had enough muni for any weapon at that point nor the upgrade been done. And the LT had been killed not too long ago.
18 Nov 2019, 23:31 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Outstanding tournament.

Very happy to see Nexus and Crossroads delivering great games.

The community response to the tournament was very positive.

The casting done by everyone did the tournament justice, props.

These are the kinds of events that make me want to put more time and effort into this game, specifically when it comes to making new maps.

It is exceptional to see Relic and SEGA injecting this kind of money and support into this franchise. Bravo.
19 Nov 2019, 00:36 AM

TBH, he "destroyed" Luvnest, after losing 3 squads in the early game and Luvnest basically gift him 3 more expensive units in return.

RET spam was going horrible and Luvnest had either to rush a bit faster that P2 or play safely and gaining map control with the P2. I don't think he had enough muni for any weapon at that point nor the upgrade been done. And the LT had been killed not too long ago.

I don’t disagree, I think the rear echelons instead of rifles and 2 MGs instead of early Stuart were also abhorrent, but he made it work and I think going in as USF having learned from that game 3 and changing his build would have given him the optimal chance of winning.
19 Nov 2019, 18:14 PM
Donator 22

are you aware of feedback from those who played?
19 Nov 2019, 18:53 PM

Only caught the vods, great games, great casts!
19 Nov 2019, 19:15 PM

did someone made already a graph representing everything from this tourney? bcs i bet it'll show only meta, meta, meta, no brits, same build orders with exception for 2-3 guys maybe and that's it, nothing much innovative or so
19 Nov 2019, 20:27 PM

While I did enjoy the tournament, I tend to feel GCS2 was better in a meta sense and also from a seeding and bracket perspective. I prefer online tournaments but I think the Round Robin wasn't seeded well and the lack of loser's bracket made the tournament end really quickly. On the bright side I think the players preferred a Best of 5 Grand Final to the Best of 7 or 9 from the past. Heavy tanks definitely need changes as they seem to define the meta more than anything from a commander perspective and light vehicles are still too strong and typically require either a vehicle to counter or multiple AT guns just to deal with 1 LV.
19 Nov 2019, 20:53 PM

Would definitely like to see loser bracket next tourney, a player being able to crawl back up really adds to the experience as a viewer imo, even if finals can get a bit wonky.

That said, this tournament had allot of interesting ace games (mostly from vonivan : )
19 Nov 2019, 22:14 PM

When there's 10,000 on the line. Nonmeta is not going to cut it. This makes for excellent data though.
A_E
20 Nov 2019, 09:35 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Great Tournament!
I almoust get as exited for these big events as i used to get for football worldcups years ago.

Great competition overall and the finals were coh2 at its best.
Some creative strategies - Noggano in the finals and Aimstrong in the early rounds come to mind.

Fantastic to see all those new asian players.

Nice to have so many casters for different games that were live at the same time.

Excelent casting as ever in the end in a professional environment from AE and Stormless + Ed!

The skill-level at which the game is played at top level seemed to still have improved by a good bit over the last year and lots of games where decided by just tiny advantages one player had over the other.

That all said - overall i liked the meta and the format with double elimination in GCS2 a tiny bit better - those massed medium tanks that especially Talisman fielded where really exiting to watch. this time it was more dominated by the super tanks and some games i watched games were played more carefully. The variety of strategies also seemed to be a bit lover this time.

I hated the fact that Aimstrong and Hans got knocked out so fast versus the best players because i really wanted to see more of them - especially more of Aimstrongs Wehrmacht-play.

Too bad that kimbo could not play though i fully understand why he was not allowed to compete- I would have really liked to see what he could have done this year.

I am already exited for the next big event.

I also wish we had seen more oppurtunity for players like Aimstrong and Hans etc, but with condensed time period, it's difficult to provide a multiple tournament style system.

I also preferred GCS2 in the ways that you mentioned, although I think this was a great success in its own right.

Let's hope Kimbo sticks around long enough to grow up and stop getting himself banned.

Prodigy quit for personal reasons (not aware as to what those are but I believe he prioritises school etc. so fair dos if so).

20 Nov 2019, 22:11 PM

Goddamn you Aimstrong and DevM for not making it further! :D
Aimstrong had the most beautiful victory of the tourney imo, against CreativeName I think it was. Using the halftrack like it was vCoh was so satisfying to watch.
21 Nov 2019, 01:42 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Also, I took this screenshot while the tourny was happening, posted it in trending and reddit but thought people here would also appreciate ;)
21 Nov 2019, 04:16 AM

He lost 2 matches in quite quick order against Asiamint and didn't play the third match.

Heard from someone that Prodi said he didn't really want to play in the tournament, but that people expected it from him. Don't know the reason why though.

He started College like 2 months ago and wanted to get more involved rather than play tons of coh2, pretty normal stuff. Hes still playing just less than the summer when he got unbanned and streamed for like 8 strait hours :snfCHVGame:
21 Nov 2019, 19:58 PM

Loved every match i saw,
But i didn't see a single player pick Brits.
The rest of the factions seem to be in a good spot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★