Login

russian armor

NO BAN system for DROPPERS

10 Jun 2021, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2021, 00:56 AMKoRneY

First, necro

Second, ranks don't mean really mean shit. Not enough to punish people anyway. Some people are assholes with anger issues but there are legitimate reasons to bail too.

RANKS mean a lot of things specially ranks from 1v1 not 3v3 or 4v4. THAT WAS A DROP ON PURPOSE...THAT IS THE FACT.
16 Jun 2021, 13:35 PM

I think a ban is too extreme an option. a player can drop for example because his internet connection. A simple search delay timer after the drop should suffice, for example 1-2 min after the first drop you can't search for a new game. And if it happends again? add an extra 2 minutes so 4 min in total etc. this keeps droppers out of the search pool

wartunder as an example has a 10min crew lock if you leave the game early
16 Jun 2021, 15:35 PM

So let's say, I started a random game, someone rang the doorbell, so I quit the game dealing with real life things first, you want me getting ban on this?

Such insanity.
1 Jul 2021, 03:11 AM

I think a ban is too extreme an option. a player can drop for example because his internet connection. A simple search delay timer after the drop should suffice, for example 1-2 min after the first drop you can't search for a new game. And if it happends again? add an extra 2 minutes so 4 min in total etc. this keeps droppers out of the search pool

wartunder as an example has a 10min crew lock if you leave the game early

^ this would work i reckon, not too harsh like a ban.
1 Jul 2021, 03:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2021, 15:35 PMPorygon
So let's say, I started a random game, someone rang the doorbell, so I quit the game dealing with real life things first, you want me getting ban on this?

Such insanity.

I don't think (or at least hope) that anyone is advocating for "drop = perma ban"; however, most modern games do have a "cooldown" period for leaving that increases the more games you leave.

For example, this is CSGO's system:
First cooldown (level 1) - lasts 30 minutes
Second cooldown (level 2) - lasts 2 hours
Third cooldown (level 3) - lasts 24 hours
Fourth cooldown (level 4) - lasts 1 week

A week of clean play will reduce an account's cooldown level by one.

In your example (if you were playing CSGO) you'd receive a 30 minute ban from competitive play. However, if you DC'd again within a 1 week period, you'd receive a 2 hour ban the 2nd time and so on. A week of not DC'ing (or just not playing) would then lower your "ban level" by 1.

Personally, I think the above system would work with CoH2 if it were approximately 1/4th as severe. So the first ban is around 10 minutes, the next 30 minutes, the 3rd 6hrs, and the 4th being 2 days, with it decreasing by 1 level for 2 days of "clean" play.
6 Jul 2021, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2019, 12:50 PMVIGNASH

Take Rainbow Six seige for example, if someone drops out of their Ranked games, they get a temp ban (like 30mins to 1hr), that small ban system is enough to piss them off and keep these droppers aware of the consequences. COh2 should have something similar.

Plus one to this idea. For Honor has a similar system as well.
6 Jul 2021, 21:09 PM

Most of the people playing this game are borderline retarded. If you want to stick around and get rekt with them, that is your option. The rest of us would rather exit and try again with a better team.

Maybe add some questions before you can play multiplayer. Make the questions be about strategy and make them harder as you move up in rank. Because I see top players make noob mistakes all the time. And I seriously question their thought processes.
6 Jul 2021, 22:23 PM

Most of the people playing this game are borderline retarded. If you want to stick around and get rekt with them, that is your option. The rest of us would rather exit and try again with a better team.

Maybe add some questions before you can play multiplayer. Make the questions be about strategy and make them harder as you move up in rank. Because I see top players make noob mistakes all the time. And I seriously question their thought processes.

^
6 Jul 2021, 23:06 PM

If you cant be bothered to play with random (non-griefing) players, play 1vs1, with mates or maybe dont fucking play multiplayer at all.
There should be a queue ban for some time after you quit the game. But bugsplat is probably reason enough to not get such a penalty.
6 Jul 2021, 23:54 PM

If you cant be bothered to play with random (non-griefing) players, play 1vs1, with mates or maybe dont fucking play multiplayer at all.
There should be a queue ban for some time after you quit the game. But bugsplat is probably reason enough to not get such a penalty.

utter BS. Majority of teamgame matches are fine, but that still doesnt mean you should be forced to play out the fewer games with afk/teamkiller/troll/dropper teammate or rank 5.000 teammates vs top 100 enemies. A game should never force you to waste time.

"Just dont play teamgames then" again is a poor argument when majority of them is fine with no reason to leave.

If a game has a dropper penalty where the matchmaking is blocked for you for X amount of time, majority of the community despises such feature usually. I would quit this game if CoH2 had it
7 Jul 2021, 01:25 AM

utter BS. Majority of teamgame matches are fine, but that still doesnt mean you should be forced to play out the fewer games with afk/teamkiller/troll/dropper teammate or rank 5.000 teammates vs top 100 enemies. A game should never force you to waste time.

"Just dont play teamgames then" again is a poor argument when majority of them is fine with no reason to leave.

If a game has a dropper penalty where the matchmaking is blocked for you for X amount of time, majority of the community despises such feature usually. I would quit this game if CoH2 had it

Nobody forces you to do anything (even playing the game :0). You can still leave, but you have to take responsibility for your actions. Leave 2 games in a row ->15 min queue ban. Ofc the game needs a somewhat working report/ban system to stop abusive players. And after the first player left the game, its safe to leave for everyone else.
I don't see the problem. There is even a surrender button to quit lost games as a team.
I had to stop playing random 2vs2, cause in 30% of my games I played with a dude, who lost some units, called me noob and quit a perfectly winnable game.
7 Jul 2021, 02:10 AM

how about Relic server kick player out of match... etc etc ?
7 Jul 2021, 08:42 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

how about Relic server kick player out of match... etc etc ?

That's an additional issue.
To be realistic, nothing of this will be implemented for CoH2 anymore, so we can only hope that Relic will handle this properly in a potential CoH3.
7 Jul 2021, 15:33 PM

I have plenty of games, where someone doesn´t even load the game.
But if people load, i bait them not to drop.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★