Login

russian armor

Map veto stats (v4)

16 May 2020, 19:51 PM

I mean.... Road to Kharkov at position 2 in 2v2 lmao, I bet if you would look at top 200 players, this map would belong to the 5 least popular

You mean like this graph that shows it as top 4 map Kappa?
And I think this was before the last rework patch.
16 May 2020, 21:59 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Ahh not sure how I got mixed that up. Makes much more sense, thanks.

No worries, the thread is title "Map vetoe stats", so it is normal to assume that the numbers show vetoes. "Map pick stats" could be a more accurate title, but then you have the disconnect to gameplay as players can't actually pick specific maps, so....

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2020, 19:51 PMRosbone

Right, but in fairness you can see that Kharkov is significantly less popular with top players than with the rest. Sure, still is in the top 4, but not tied for first anymore like for pretty much the rest of the ladder...
16 May 2020, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2020, 19:51 PMRosbone

It is as tric said previously. These old trash maps (like Road to Kharkov) are not popular because they are good but because players know how to abuse them and because they are familiar with them. It doesn't mean they are good. That's why I don't think these map veto stats mean that much.

IMO the only good 2v2 maps are Elst and Eindhoven. Then there are a few maps that are generally good/ok but have some fixable issues like Vaux, Winnekendonk and Stadtschutt. Then there are the horrible camper lane maps like Rails, Minsk, Kharkov and Poltawa which I personally detest because they just make every game a huge grindfest where MG and ATG walls, arty spam and Ele/ISU ruin every game.

Alliance of Defiance is not that bad either and could become decent with the next rework if WhiteFlash gets it right, it's also very narrow which I don't like but at least playable.

Another issue is the balance, certain maps have horrific north spawns where your win chances are very small at equal skill level.
16 May 2020, 23:38 PM

Just judging by quality & gameplay, 2v2 has the worst mappool in the game I think :(
17 May 2020, 12:50 PM

Just judging by quality & gameplay, 2v2 has the worst mappool in the game I think :(

Are we all in agreement on this? I feel the same way. 2v2 could use some love. But I have not played enough 2v2 to have much of an opinion.

When I played 2v2 Fields of Winnekendonk, it felt a little too big and would be a great 3v3 map to me. Map vetoes matched this feeling.

Elst Outskirts feels too big to me also. But it is a tournament map that also gets a lot of play by the top players.

Then we have Crossing in the Woods which people say is too small, yet it also gets the most plays by top players.

So in my noob assessment, it seems like we want some 2v2 maps about the size of Elst, but with fuels and VPs more central located. So you have room to flank the sides, but not have to be fighting at the edges of the map all the time? Room to move, but not be spread so thin you get 2v1'ed and rekt. Maybe this is Elsts secret formula, VPS central for late game, fuels spread for early game.

Depending on the central sight blockers, I also like the size of Eindhoven. So maybe somewhere in between?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★