Login

russian armor

Map veto stats (v4)

18 Dec 2019, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2019, 19:36 PMCresc
Yes, why not ignore the minority?

The map pool is better than it has ever been.

Unless people can really state what needs fixed on maps, they should not be changed or removed. Or we end up doing a lot of work making, testing, and posting maps that are just as bad as the ones that got pulled out.

I know you do not want to get into that. But it is not going to change until people do.

Personally, I do not care about 1v1 at all. Its not worth my time. But I do care about the community and I care about tournaments. So map balance is all I care about for 1v1. I will let others decide things like immersive, fun, etc.

But the people who know 1v1 best have all been driven away from the community due to its toxicity. There is a cycle of trying to help the community, getting called an idiot, and then disappearing forever. I do not mind being called an idiot. So I will be around for a while, trying to get people to express their hate.

"If you have hate in your heart, let it out." - Clayton Bigsby
18 Dec 2019, 21:56 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2019, 19:01 PMCresc
Remove Novgorod, Bayeux, and Angoville.
Nobody wants to play them.

Only good that you have no power/ permission.
3 Mar 2020, 19:04 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Updated the original post with map pick stats from January and February 2020.
3 Mar 2020, 19:25 PM

Updated the original post with map pick stats from January and February 2020.

Great work. Thanks.
3 Mar 2020, 20:45 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

thank you again!
3 Mar 2020, 21:18 PM

Lost Glider is still in the Top 6 NotLikeThis
3 Mar 2020, 21:25 PM

Awesome work as always SiphonX <444>3
3 Mar 2020, 21:58 PM

4 Mar 2020, 00:36 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

As always, great stuff SiphonX
7 Mar 2020, 05:26 AM

The other modes for Jan-Feb 2020

15 May 2020, 18:33 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Updated original post (v4), now March 15th to May 15th...
15 May 2020, 23:28 PM

Updated original post (v4), now March 15th to May 15th...

Bless you my good sir!
The community owes you a debt of gratitude.

:clap:
16 May 2020, 03:17 AM

Still find it odd that a lot of people don't veto Lost Glider in 1v1, too many garrisons on this map and North spawn has a hell of a time holding their cutoff similar to North Langres.
16 May 2020, 04:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2020, 03:17 AMClarity
Still find it odd that a lot of people don't veto Lost Glider in 1v1, too many garrisons on this map and North spawn has a hell of a time holding their cutoff similar to North Langres.

I see numbers where Lost Glider and Arnhem get a lot of plays and Novgorod gets no plays and I say to myself "Delete Novgorod now! I clearly have not even the remotest idea what 1v1 players want to play on."

Both maps look very cool, but I could not imagine in my wildest dreams players would want to play on them. Full health stone buildings with harsh cutoffs. I feel like if someone made these maps today and got them into the game, they would be getting death threats immediately.

Makes me want to genuinely apologize for ever working on 1v1 maps. I made Novgorod before I vowed to never touch a 1v1 map. It wont happen again. Sorry guys. No more maps from me :hansGG:
16 May 2020, 05:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2020, 04:31 AMRosbone

I see numbers where Lost Glider and Arnhem get a lot of plays and Novgorod gets no plays and I say to myself "Delete Novgorod now! I clearly have not even the remotest idea what 1v1 players want to play on."

Both maps look very cool, but I could not imagine in my wildest dreams players would want to play on them. Full health stone buildings with harsh cutoffs. I feel like if someone made these maps today and got them into the game, they would be getting death threats immediately.

Makes me want to genuinely apologize for ever working on 1v1 maps. I made Novgorod before I vowed to never touch a 1v1 map. It wont happen again. Sorry guys. No more maps from me :hansGG:

Not even the newest version of Novgorod? :(
16 May 2020, 05:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2020, 04:31 AMRosbone

Snip

Don't give up, adapt. I can tell you now that the best maps are the ones where the cutoffs aren't awkwardly placed, where they need to be risky to get to, not just as easy as another point. Its why people, myself included hate crossroads winter. Crossroads is a great map, if they want to cut you off the have to go right next to your base, in winter, its in the middle of the map and it just destroys the flow of the game.

Its why I hate nexus too, I get sick to deth of fighting for either my fuel or ammo cutoff aswell as playing for VP's.
16 May 2020, 16:56 PM

Lol @Redball, Whiteball and Hamburg being vetoed. Vielsam is pretty obnoxious though, so was surprised by the low veto count, same with General Allies.
16 May 2020, 17:07 PM

Lol @Redball, Whiteball and Hamburg being vetoed. Vielsam is pretty obnoxious though, so was surprised by the low veto count, same with General Allies.

These graphs show percentage played per map, not vetoes. So Arnhem/Red Ball/White Ball/Hamburg are the most popular maps. Also, General Mud favours Axis and not Allies.
16 May 2020, 17:34 PM

These graphs show percentage played per map, not vetoes. So Arnhem/Red Ball/White Ball/Hamburg are the most popular maps. Also, General Mud favours Axis and not Allies.

Ahh not sure how I got mixed that up. Makes much more sense, thanks. Vielsam is a -terrible- map to fight in so I couldn't understand it.

I'm just memeing about General Mud, I'm aware it has the highest Axis win rate for 4v4 maps. Though I do seem to lose the most there as Axis for some reason.
16 May 2020, 19:21 PM

Ahh not sure how I got mixed that up. Makes much more sense, thanks. Vielsam is a -terrible- map to fight in so I couldn't understand it.

I'm just memeing about General Mud, I'm aware it has the highest Axis win rate for 4v4 maps. Though I do seem to lose the most there as Axis for some reason.

90+% of the community are more casual players, so obviously they have by far the biggest impact on these numbers. Then it's no surprise why static and lane maps are the most popular maps

I mean.... Road to Kharkov at position 2 in 2v2 lmao, I bet if you would look at top 200 players, this map would belong to the 5 least popular
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★