Login

russian armor

World Champs Final Weekend polls and discussion

A_E
15 Nov 2019, 10:55 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

This weekend on Saturday 2pm GMT VonAsten vs. Noggano then Luvnest vs. Jove

On Sunday 3rd place playoff then grand final.

All on Twitch.tv/Relicentertainment casted live from a professional studio.

Link to Brackets

Casts to be uploaded here

The players are competing for their part of a $20,000 prizepool with the winner taking 10k home.

Polls:

Who do you WANT to win the tournament: https://www.strawpoll.me/18944435

Who is most LIKELY to win the tournament: https://www.strawpoll.me/18944437

A_E
15 Nov 2019, 10:55 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

(Apologies for the small post to be honest I'm disappointed in our community that there's literally no discussion or posts about one of the biggest tournaments in our history outside of the Twitch/YouTube chat).
15 Nov 2019, 11:08 AM

Great work.

It would be nice if we could see some stat on those games and if there was a post with links to all the games casted...
A_E
15 Nov 2019, 11:23 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 11:08 AMVipper
Great work.

It would be nice if we could see some stat on those games and if there was a post with links to all the games casted...

Off you go then Vipper now's your chance to add to the community in a constructive way!
15 Nov 2019, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 10:55 AMA_E
to be honest I'm disappointed in our community that there's literally no discussion

Twitch and YouTube viewer counts have been great. Balance seems to be in a great state for the most part, we've seen quite a healthy variety in factions and strategies, and we've seen some awesome matches, but there weren't any crazy or broken strategies nor do we have any statistics available yet. I'm very hyped for the tourney and especially for the final weekend, as is the majority of the community I'm sure, but I wouldn't know what's there to discuss right now.
A_E
15 Nov 2019, 11:47 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Twitch and YouTube viewer counts have been great. Balance seems to be in a great state for the most part, we've seen quite a healthy variety in factions and strategies, and we've seen some awesome matches, but there weren't any crazy or broken strategies nor do we have any statistics available yet. I'm very hyped for the tourney and especially for the final weekend, as is the majority of the community I'm sure, but I wouldn't know what's there to discuss right now.

No. I see plenty of balance discussion in the forums, but discussion of the competition, the players, the matches, the strategies, and the matchups to come.... none. Tbh it's been like this for years.
15 Nov 2019, 12:05 PM

I agree with AE. It has been underwhelming in that regard.

I did think about opening a thread about the games and polls on who people will think is gonna win but then I decided against it because I feel like coh2.org is more and more becoming like the steam forum that is only used by rank 1000 4v4 players that want to complain about red units being too OP.

15 Nov 2019, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 11:47 AMA_E
No. I see plenty of balance discussion in the forums, but discussion of the competition, the players, the matches, the strategies, and the matchups to come.... none. Tbh it's been like this for years.

I think you may be setting the bar too high. Remember that the vast majority of the playerbase (~90% of players), myself included, are (casual) teamgames players, who really enjoy watching these high level / tournament 1v1 games for the action, but have little interest in analysing or discussing the players and strategies beyond the Twitch chat or YouTube comments.

Personally, I love watching these matches, and I can't wait for the upcoming ones, but I have no interest in discussing them beyond potential balance issues.

In any case, thanks a lot for your casts (and thanks to all the other casters) as you've all made these matches even more fun to watch!
A_E
15 Nov 2019, 12:18 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I agree with AE. It has been underwhelming in that regard.

I did think about opening a thread about the games and polls on who people will think is gonna win but then I decided against it because I feel like coh2.org is more and more becoming like a steam forum that is only used by rank 1000 4v4 players that want to complain about red units being too OP.

This I feel a lot of the good 1v1/2v2 posts are now on the subreddit and I see less and less decent posts on .org.

A big part of that imo is the awful forum structure/ naming system that only ever the forum originators liked and has therefore been stuck and stagnant for 6 years.
15 Nov 2019, 12:33 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Are replay files available anywhere?
15 Nov 2019, 12:35 PM

this is good news :)
15 Nov 2019, 12:35 PM

In any case, thanks a lot for your casts (and thanks to all the other casters) as you've all made these matches even more fun to watch!

Yes, thanks to all the casters. Without them the tournament wouldn't have been fun at all. Also thanks to the guy that made the hype video (forgot his name).
15 Nov 2019, 12:38 PM

The thing is we need more data and statistics.

i asked many time is there a table where we can see how many times commanders where picked and the result from this commanders pick( like the last tournaments) many ppl has no time to watch all games and put this data into a table...but the caster or other involved ppl could do due to their job (cast a game > write the result in a table with value bale data)

In my feeling for example fallis wasn't often picked and didn't win games. They didnt give any situation where we could see: fallis OP or something.
15 Nov 2019, 12:38 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 12:35 PMVipper

this is good news :)

Well, are they?
A_E
15 Nov 2019, 13:06 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Check the discord https://discord.gg/5HNvyHM
15 Nov 2019, 13:07 PM

I think you may be setting the bar too high. Remember that the vast majority of the playerbase (~90% of players), myself included, are (casual) teamgames players, who really enjoy watching these high level / tournament 1v1 games for the action, but have little interest in analysing or discussing the players and strategies beyond the Twitch chat or YouTube comments.
Personally, I love watching these matches, and I can't wait for the upcoming ones, but I have no interest in discussing them beyond potential balance issues.

+1

@AE: Man, i love the tourneys (1vs1 /2vs2 doesnt matter, although i almost exclusively play 2v2)and the casting and i consider GCS2 to be the most exiting touney i've ever seen.

That being said i cant really understand why you are disappointing in the community. The community made so many things possible with donations etc., people coming together to casting and discussing the matches in the chat...

And strictly speaking from a personal standpoint: (This may be off topic)
I think its strange that people who work their ass off for years to make this game better are GETTING NOTHING AT ALL but people who play 20 games or so get 10 000$. Mapmakers / mod team / Casters etc. all play their part in keeping this game alive but they can be happy if people are not insulting them in discussions.

An other thing i want to point out: I dont have problems with good prize money for top players
(i donated for 2vs2 tourneys in the past) but i consider it problematic if prize money is not distributed in a fair way. Isildur / VOnAsten played great and won the UTT tourney and almost got nothing for it, but KIMBO/Stuve got thousands of dollars for winning a 2vs2 tourney 6 months later. Thats ridiculous.
It would be a lot better if Relic would distribute its (more than welcomed) money more equally over tourneys. Its better to have 2 tourneys and the winner gets 5000$ than 1 tourney with 10 000$ for the winner.

A_E
15 Nov 2019, 13:14 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 13:07 PMSmartie

+1

@AE: Man, i love the tourneys (1vs1 /2vs2 doesnt matter, although i almost exclusively play 2v2)and the casting and i consider GCS2 to be the most exiting touney i've ever seen.

That being said i cant really understand why you are disappointing in the community. The community made so many things possible with donations etc., people coming together to casting and discussing the matches in the chat...

And strictly speaking from a personal standpoint: (This may be off topic)
I think its strange that people who work their ass off for years to make this game better are GETTING NOTHING AT ALL but people who play 20 games or so get 10 000$. Mapmakers / mod team / Casters etc. all play their part in keeping this game alive but they can be happy if people are not insulting them in discussions.

An other thing i want to point out: I dont have problems with good prize money for top players
(i donated for 2vs2 tourneys in the past) but i consider it problematic if prize money is not distributed in a fair way. Isildur / VOnAsten played great and won the UTT tourney and almost got nothing for it, but KIMBO/Stuve got thousands of dollars for winning a 2vs2 tourney 6 months later. Thats ridiculous.
It would be a lot better if Relic would distribute its (more than welcomed) money more equally over tourneys. Its better to have 2 tourneys and the winner gets 5000$ than 1 tourney with 10 000$ for the winner.

I get your counter arguments and understand with regards to the Twitch/YouTube side of things and the huge support we've all put in with funding our own tournaments.

This is a targeted criticism of the forums COH2.ORG and /r/CompanyofHeroes from ESL to WarPaint to GCS2 to World Championship - I've always found that the discussion and interest has just never been there. Perhaps Sander is right then, perhaps people just like the spectacle without actually being interested in the fortunes and strategies of the players themselves?
15 Nov 2019, 13:21 PM

Well, are they?
Unfortunately I do not know, but seeing that you are interested is good new since you provide top of line statistics :)

All ye fools who do not believe in the might of Asten shall be struck by a hail of Stroopwafels and Hagelslag.

I don’t think people are not interested in the strategies, but every game is quite complex and difficult to really dissect after it’s played unless you carefully go through a replay which few people do. Most discussion is for turning point situations, like VonIvan getting T4 and a panzerwerfer in game 3 vs Luvnest which sparked discussion.

Another thing that also doesn’t help is that topics are dominated by the same rank 1000s who keep making balance complaints as if it’s the steam forums and they haven’t been banned yet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★