Login

russian armor

Turret Lock for the Firefly

15 Nov 2019, 19:26 PM

Overall a qol improvement, i'm in.

Same.

A button to lock the turret rest position on all vehicles would be nice too for those situations where you want to peek out from a hedge row and fire to your side.

I know you can issue an attack ground to get the turret to move, but that's kinda finicky, temporary, and noisy.
15 Nov 2019, 20:38 PM

Same.

A button to lock the turret rest position on all vehicles would be nice too for those situations where you want to peek out from a hedge row and fire to your side.

I know you can issue an attack ground to get the turret to move, but that's kinda finicky, temporary, and noisy.

Lock turret would be a very different ability, but probably doable: just reduce the rotation speed to zero. In coordination with attack ground, you could pre-aim turrets.

Might confuse pathing a bit though.
16 Nov 2019, 03:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 20:38 PMLago

Lock turret would be a very different ability, but probably doable: just reduce the rotation speed to zero. In coordination with attack ground, you could pre-aim turrets.

Might confuse pathing a bit though.

Lock might be a bad word. Face might be a better term. What I mean is for a way to point the turret in a certain direction other than forward while still allowing it to traverse and acquire targets. Whether or not the traverse should have a fixed angle for such a button is a somewhat harder question, but I think something like a 120 degree angle would probably be the easiest. That way you'd be able to have something like in the OP, while also having the ability to pre-face the turret for stuff like peeking around a corner.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★