Login

russian armor

Guard Rifle QOL Improvement

14 Nov 2019, 16:16 PM

You do realise the difference in DPS between the PTRS and a guard mosin is 0.5 at long range and less than 3 point blank, right?

By the time you get your MGs and are making use of firing positions, it nearly irrelevant. It only makes guards less pinata if you don't want the PTRS, and better on the move (where they still aren't anything compared to their stationary firepower).

It would hopefully open up early game guards as a mobile flanking squad. Perhaps even something worth skipping the MGs on to use to push out weaker squads like Ostruppen or AT pfusis.

Put Guards at 0/1CP, get rid of the PTRS package, put their DPs behind T3/T4 and adjust Penals with better AT package.
14 Nov 2019, 16:55 PM

Airborne guards already spawn with svts. Why are few users so afraid of experiments which might lead to unintentional soviet buffs? Same thing happened with falls and people still defend that they're ok.
Someone says continuing to buff units is a bad idea. I agree but when the opponents keep on getting buffed guards also deserve some buff. I have seen top player matches in which they don't bother to make guards. Or only make 1 in some rare circumstances. Same thing with airborne guards commander because they prefer svt on cons. Especially because guards die so fast from indirect fire.
14 Nov 2019, 16:59 PM

You do realise the difference in DPS between the PTRS and a guard mosin is 0.5 at long range and less than 3 point blank, right?

By the time you get your MGs and are making use of firing positions, it nearly irrelevant. It only makes guards less pinata if you don't want the PTRS, and better on the move (where they still aren't anything compared to their stationary firepower).

Actually Guards DPS have a smallest DPS drop of the move especially long range, and 6 Mosin have x150 more DPS on the move than 4+2PTRS.

Last thing this game need is a long range units with great DPS on the move so it can execute retreating squads.

The change to drop weapon is lower than other units and if you can simply pick up the weapon with another unit. The "pinata" issues was addressed years ago.
14 Nov 2019, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2019, 16:59 PMVipper
Last thing this game need is a long range units with great DPS on the move so it can execute retreating squads.

G43s?
14 Nov 2019, 17:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- Just because the listed damage is similar, it doesn't mean it's equal in game. Cause the values between PTRS vs Mosin are calculated while been still. In game, you will be moving, relocating, rotating, etc. On top of snipe potential, Mosin only Guards would be "stonk".

2- Lack of Guards game is just a meta shift towards heavy tank call in play.

3- If after several other changes and adjustments are done, and Guards still see no play at all even when doctrines are picked with them, sure, the UPDATED section sounds reasonable.

4- Piñata issue has not really been solved, just masqueraded it. It's simple math. It doesn't matter if you have a higher rate of drop, if you never or rarely have to roll for it outside of your squad getting wiped.
It would be easier to just make them not drop at all and just give them 2 weapon slots for their DPs upgrade with normal drop rate.
14 Nov 2019, 18:09 PM

G43s?

Feel free to compare the 2xG43+2K98 grenadiers with 6 mosin guards on the move.
14 Nov 2019, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2019, 18:09 PMVipper

Feel free to compare the 2xG43+2K98 grenadiers with 6 mosin guards on the move.

What if I compared 3 G43s and 1 STG44 on Pgrens on the move against 6 guard mosins?

Or 3 G43s and 2 Kar98s on the Jaeger Command Squads?
14 Nov 2019, 18:54 PM

What if I compared 3 G43s and 1 STG44 on Pgrens on the move against 6 guard mosins?

Or 3 G43s and 2 Kar98s on the Jaeger Command Squads?

Feel free to compare what ever you like, you do not have to ask my permission.
14 Nov 2019, 19:36 PM

I agree that they're kind of awkward, but I think that awkwardness is what makes them unique.
It's cool that they can contribute damage at long range against most targets; no other squad can really do that. A somewhat similar squad, Support Paratroopers, can become great at AI or AT, but they have to choose one.

So, I dunno. I see what you mean, but I kind of like them the way they are.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★