Login

russian armor

Lets cap range of tanks to 60

12 Nov 2019, 11:14 AM

Elefant JT ISU all reduce range to 60.
Firefly, su85, jackson, JP, su76 all reduce range to 55.
Atg all reduce to 55. Rak 50.

Iirc coh1 maps were generally larger and more manuverable. Too much range in tanks enable passive camping of sort. Put 2 together, imo coh2 felt less involving of flanking mechanics. We have now too deterministic and snipey encounters.

Big pak and 17pdr, im conflicted. They are static and limited, but keeping same 80 range will be too good?
12 Nov 2019, 11:55 AM

Panthers range would probably have to go down too.
12 Nov 2019, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2019, 11:55 AMGrim
Panthers range would probably have to go down too.

Oh yeah, definitely, 45 range max

In other news, mrgame2 just removed Ele,JT and ISU from the game.
12 Nov 2019, 13:32 PM

why not makes maps larger...should be easier
12 Nov 2019, 13:44 PM

I'd love bigger maps like in coh2.
12 Nov 2019, 15:08 PM

Reduce infantry accuracy from long range. How dare potato farmers from Siberia hit my elite units from 35 meters?
12 Nov 2019, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2019, 12:13 PMMusti

Oh yeah, definitely, 45 range max

In other news, mrgame2 just removed Ele,JT and ISU from the game.

He's been trying to buff the Panther for ages now. This is just his latest attempt to word it differently.

12 Nov 2019, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2019, 17:54 PMGrim

He's been trying to buff the Panther for ages now. This is just his latest attempt to word it differently.

2021: China declared war on Taiwan, Saturn is opposite of Jupiter, VonIvan is getting married. We absolutely need to buff the Panther ASAP!
12 Nov 2019, 20:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This also buffs all infantry based AT and heavies. Specially for the 2nd, the last thing we need atm.
12 Nov 2019, 20:39 PM

Not sure what the goal is with this? If the range on all tanks is "compressed", then you still have the same range hierarchy, just with slightly smaller gaps between units. If you also reduce the range of ATGs, then the tank:ATG dynamic stays the exact same.

The only thing this would change is make ATGs even more vulnerable (need to be closer to the front, and closer to infantry/arty/mortars), and indirectly buff Infantry based AT.

While I agree that vehicle AT range needs to be looked at, I don't think scaling everything uniformly is the solution; some units need their range (or other stats) reduced, like the M36, while others need their range increased to match similar units (ex. STuG3-G to 60 with slight price increase).
13 Nov 2019, 02:15 AM

I'd love bigger maps like in coh2.

In coh1 u mean? This most definitely, in coh1 i feel the time units contact each is about 25-50% longer. Coh2 felt more arcadey in terms of response times. Makes for better twitch broadcasting though.

More space to plan in coh1, just replay it. Its also affect stuff like mg arc and arty shelling out large areas.

You see why current coh2 meta is less mg heavy in smaller games and lots of arty sniping in bigger games.

Its impossible to make coh2 maps bigger now.

Hence we can start by looking to compress AT range. This can make the map feels bigger already. Next we can look at mg arc reduction. Now you may get big arc but everything is slow and easy to kill about mg. Very snappy arcade time to kill.
13 Nov 2019, 02:21 AM

No no why you think that?
Next we can try reduce tanks with 50 range by 5, to 45. Exclusion for the stug.

I feel this can be a try to open up more strategic aspects. Because shooting half way across a map from fow, just felt uninvolved. In most games, snipers are low health high risk units. We try not to encourage camping here
13 Nov 2019, 04:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2019, 02:15 AMmrgame2

In coh1 u mean? This most definitely, in coh1 i feel the time units contact each is about 25-50% longer. Coh2 felt more arcadey in terms of response times. Makes for better twitch broadcasting though.

More space to plan in coh1, just replay it. Its also affect stuff like mg arc and arty shelling out large areas.

You see why current coh2 meta is less mg heavy in smaller games and lots of arty sniping in bigger games.

Its impossible to make coh2 maps bigger now.

Hence we can start by looking to compress AT range. This can make the map feels bigger already. Next we can look at mg arc reduction. Now you may get big arc but everything is slow and easy to kill about mg. Very snappy arcade time to kill.

Overall coh 2 is a huge improvement over coh1. I wouldn't change things drastically as I would be scared to screw it up in some ways that are difficult to predict. But those larger maps were cool. It could be a good idea to try and play some 1v1 on maps for larger game modes. I only play automatch but I like playing on maps I don't know and on 'bad' maps. To me it gives another aspect of unpredictability to gameplay and gives some more depth than just wiring off and sandbagging the same places especially at the game start.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★