Login

russian armor

Axis 88 AT shooting my IS2 tank through houses?!

8 Nov 2019, 17:07 PM

I was playing Lienne Forest Map on a 4vs4 game. I was coming with my sovietssovietssoviet IS2 heavy tank from south on the left between non destroyed houses. I stopped the tank between houses. Even so axis ostheerostheer88 AT destroy my IS2 shooting «through» two rows/lines of non destroyed houses. It seems to me it´s really unfair, not realistic and has nothing to do with the dynamics of «true sight» of the game. Through 2 lines of non destroyed houses? Unbelievable.So why the IS2 with a stronger weapon can´t do the same?! Really unrealistic and nothing to do with «true sight» of the game!

Look at the picture to try to understand better what happened:
8 Nov 2019, 17:26 PM

Loosing so fast an IS2 on a so unrealistic way and with nothing to do with «true sight» dynamics of the rest of the game!... an IS2 tank which costs so much to me when you think is protected by houses, isn´t a minor thing to me! Maybe to you (looking to be a main axis player for sure): next time try to be more polite with me please because and I don´t feel that dutch saying applied by you to me is really polite.
8 Nov 2019, 21:31 PM

Pak 43s, and (I think) Jagdtigers both shoot through shotblockers. The ISU and 17 pounder both have muni abilities that can do it as well. It sucks, but now you know. Carpet bomb them before you send your shiny heavy tanks through
8 Nov 2019, 21:36 PM

Pak 43s, and (I think) Jagdtigers both shoot through shotblockers.

Jagdtigers has to activate concrete piercing shells, which cost 90 munitions iirc.
8 Nov 2019, 21:39 PM

Jagdtigers has to activate concrete piercing shells, which cost 90 munitions iirc.

Thanks for the clarification
8 Nov 2019, 22:44 PM

I was playing Lienne Forest Map on a 4vs4 game. I was coming with my sovietssovietssoviet IS2 heavy tank from south on the left between non destroyed houses. I stopped the tank between houses. Even so axis ostheerostheer88 AT destroy my IS2 shooting «through» two rows/lines of non destroyed houses. It seems to me it´s really unfair, not realistic and has nothing to do with the dynamics of «true sight» of the game. Through 2 lines of non destroyed houses? Unbelievable.So why the IS2 with a stronger weapon can´t do the same?! Really unrealistic and nothing to do with «true sight» of the game!

Look at the picture to try to understand better what happened:

It's intended to do that. As an expensive, static weapon that can be easily decrewed, the PaK43 would actually be shit tier if it couldnt shoot through everything. It barely sees any use anyway in higher level matches
8 Nov 2019, 23:33 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

APCBC shells!!11!!111!!!1!1

9 Nov 2019, 00:49 AM

oh oh the heavy AT gun killed my tank...omg...don't run your tank into the big gun designed only for tanks and nothing else.
9 Nov 2019, 18:45 PM

oh oh the heavy AT gun killed my tank...omg...don't run your tank into the big gun designed only for tanks and nothing else.

That´s what I usually do. But didn´t thought that the tank wasn´t covered by two rows of houses... Only two rows of houses! How many walls?!
9 Nov 2019, 20:18 PM

That´s what I usually do. But didn´t thought that the tank wasn´t covered by two rows of houses... Only two rows of houses! How many walls?!

I can understand your surprise. There are things in this game that are a bit arcade. Once they made those stationary guns just hit through terrain to justify their price and the fact that they are stationary. May players got used to that and forgot how strange it is. I guess it works well once you know about it and are prepared. i myself lost a few tanks to players building it behind a building on purpose.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★