Login

russian armor

Axis 88 AT shooting my IS2 tank through houses

• This thread is locked
8 Nov 2019, 16:45 PM

I was playing Lienne Forest Map on a 4vs4 game. I was coming with my sovietssovietssoviet IS2 heavy tank from south on the left between non destroyed houses. I stopped the tank between houses. Even so axis ostheerostheer88 AT destroy my IS2 shooting «through» two rows/lines of non destroyed houses. It seems to me it´s really unfair, not realistic and has nothing to do with the dynamics of «true sight» of the game.Is it a bug?

Look at the picture to try to understand better what happened:
8 Nov 2019, 16:48 PM

The Pak43 is intended to pierce world and shoot through any objects

Do not see a picture though :unsure:

You could bring this up in balance, but the Pak43 is not a particularly strong unit even with this functionality as it is incredibly vulnerable to indirect fire. More so than just about any other unit in the game. When it is able to shoot unmolested it is incredibly effective though.
8 Nov 2019, 16:54 PM

Do not see a picture though :unsure:

I have now the correct picture. Look at it please...
8 Nov 2019, 16:59 PM

Through 2 lines of non destroyed houses? Unbelievable.So why the IS2 with a stronger weapon can´t do the same?! Really unrealistic and nothing to do with «true sight» of the game!
8 Nov 2019, 17:04 PM

Trough 2 lines of non destroyed houses? Unbelievable.So why the IS2 with a stronger weapon can´t do the same?! Really unrealistic and nothing to do with «true sight» of the game!

Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago, balance-wise the reason the Pak-43 shoots through the world while the IS-2 does not is because the IS-2 is MOBILE and a completely different unit overall, that Pak is dead the moment the IS-2 gets within range and line of sight.
8 Nov 2019, 17:25 PM

If you'd take away wallhackz from Pak43, you'd need to increase its durability because it dies to getting tickled.
8 Nov 2019, 17:30 PM

Through 2 lines of non destroyed houses? Unbelievable.So why the IS2 with a stronger weapon can´t do the same?! Really unrealistic and nothing to do with «true sight» of the game!

Yes that is definitely intended.

True sight, the vision of units is seperate from the ability to fire into the fog or otherwise.

Static units in general are hard to implement in coh2, as a result this mechanic was added for maps like this where it would be nigh impossible to use the Pak43 without pierce world.

The 17lder from brits is a similar unit which needs to pay munitions to do this, but it is also about 5 times harder to kill than the pak43.
8 Nov 2019, 17:31 PM

If you'd take away wallhackz from Pak43, you'd need to increase its durability because it dies to getting tickled.

.......... yes, maybe to increase its durability, because that wallhackz from Pak43 it´s really disturbing and does not agrees with general «true sight» dynamics of the game.
8 Nov 2019, 17:34 PM

Yes that is definitely intended.

True sight, the vision of units is seperate from the ability to fire into the fog or otherwise.

Fog?! Isn´t not the same thing to shoot through «thin» fog then to shoot through lots of houses walls!
8 Nov 2019, 18:29 PM

Remove howitzers, they don't agree with the general «true sight» dynamics of the game. :foreveralone:
8 Nov 2019, 18:55 PM

I honestly wouldn't mind the PAK43 not being able to shoot through shot blockers if it got brace.

Atm you HAVE to place it behind obstacles to not get instantly spotted and bombed.
8 Nov 2019, 19:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Use the other thread. Locked.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 585

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L