Login

russian armor

USF Pak Howtizer Still Overperforming

8 Nov 2019, 11:55 AM

Unfortunately the USF Pak Howitzer is still too accurate and too damaging. It feels like a laser guided long range sniper with aoe .
8 Nov 2019, 12:06 PM

I wouldn't say it's overperforming but I don't understand why they nerfed scatter instead of AOE. Now it still gets wipes but it's more RNG than before.
8 Nov 2019, 12:13 PM

I wouldn't say it's overperforming but I don't understand why they nerfed scatter instead of AOE. Now it still gets wipes but it's more RNG than before.

Because they already have a mortar.
This one is howitzer.
8 Nov 2019, 12:36 PM

Try double mortar as Ostheer. Mortar counterbarrage got buffed to 100 range. It can now quite reliably fire back on howi's, which have 80 range autofire and a 120 range barrage. Note that counterbarrage also has 0 (!) second reload, compared to 1,25 second reload with normal barrage and 6 second reload on autofire. This means there's barely any delay between the firing animations.

As OKW your best bet is to spam a lot of LEIG's to keep the Howi('s) occupied. If you didn't go T1, enjoy the suffering.
8 Nov 2019, 12:40 PM

Try double mortar as Ostheer. Mortar counterbarrage got buffed to 100 range. It can now quite reliably fire back on howi's, which have 80 range autofire and a 120 range barrage. Note that counterbarrage also has 0 (!) second reload, compared to 1,25 second reload with normal barrage and 6 second reload on autofire. This means there's barely any delay between the firing animations.

As OKW your best bet is to spam a lot of LEIG's to keep the Howi('s) occupied. If you didn't go T1, enjoy the suffering.

Barrage is 160, but its only 3 shots.
8 Nov 2019, 12:49 PM

What barrage are you talking about? Pak howi has 120 range barrage as far as I can see:

And range bonus at vet 3 got changed to reduced barrage cooldown.
8 Nov 2019, 13:00 PM

Derby is right, the range is 120.

I think that Lefh in teamgames or rocket arty in 1v1 are the best counters to pak howie and teamweapons in general.
8 Nov 2019, 13:09 PM

snip

Huh, felt like 160 for some reason.
8 Nov 2019, 13:29 PM

Paks a glass cannon, a half decent hit on it by anything more powerful than a motar.will get it decrewed,plus it quite expensive.
8 Nov 2019, 13:57 PM

Paks a glass cannon, a half decent hit on it by anything more powerful than a motar.will get it decrewed,plus it quite expensive.

A recrewable glass cannon, so you either need a consistent, cost-effective counter or steal it. Just decrewing it once is not enough. Can't really ignore it either, I've found, (usually ends with me getting base barraged by HEAT shells and all my MG's getting confiscated by Riflemen :foreveralone: )

I think multiple mortars/leigs work decent enough against it.
ddd
8 Nov 2019, 14:00 PM

Make pak howitzer inferior clone of ost mortar but make it more expensive. That will do.
8 Nov 2019, 14:43 PM

A recrewable glass cannon, so you either need a consistent, cost-effective counter or steal it. Just decrewing it once is not enough. Can't really ignore it either, I've found, (usually ends with me getting base barraged by HEAT shells and all my MG's getting confiscated by Riflemen :foreveralone: )

I think multiple mortars/leigs work decent enough against it.

Let me introduce you to LEIG 18 and LEFH 18.
8 Nov 2019, 15:23 PM

Let me introduce you to LEIG 18 and LEFH 18.

The LeiG has a more balanced design than the pak howi IMO (I'd exclude the LefH, because it's in a different unit class). The current pak howi has a huge AoE profile but with terrible scatter. This leads to extra frustration for the opponent and the user, depending on who the RNG gods favor.

They could've just toned down the AoE profile a bit, kept the old scatter and lowered the price to compensate, but I'd guess that would've brought it to close to the M1 Mortar in terms of role.
8 Nov 2019, 16:04 PM

White phosphorous should be doctrinal.

Other than that howitzer now feels balanced from 1v1 perspective at least. I can see how it can be more of an issue in 2v2s but so are the mg42s, tit for tat.
8 Nov 2019, 16:48 PM

Whatever you think is correct do the opposite and also learn the game and statistics before posting.
8 Nov 2019, 17:16 PM

Whatever you think is correct do the opposite and also learn the game and statistics before posting.

Tbh Katitof's feelings about range were similarly wrong to your feelings about pak howie shots being laser guided. You shouldn't patronize him.
8 Nov 2019, 18:38 PM

What barrage are you talking about? Pak howi has 120 range barrage as far as I can see

HEAT and W.P. Barrage range is 160, regular barrage is 120

Edit: nope, also 120. I dont know where I got that number from either
8 Nov 2019, 18:46 PM

Tbh Katitof's feelings about range were similarly wrong to your feelings about pak howie shots being laser guided. You shouldn't patronize him.

Just as wrong as your post clearly.. as the previous patch literally tried to address the laser guided pak howitzer and it still has not gone far enough.
8 Nov 2019, 19:04 PM

You do realize his mistake was thinking that the pak howie was better than it actually was right? He (and I) thought the barrage was 160 range, when its actually 120....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS