Login

russian armor

Suggestion for Penal build

6 Nov 2019, 13:05 PM

Hello friends,

I love penal builds and was hoping others would shed light on the most effective build they do with them. Hoping to get some ideas. I personally send first CE out to cap whilst building another CE. Then Penal>Penal>Penal. Second CE goes to cap opposite side of map where first CE went to spread my seed quicker and gauge where the enemy is. I've had mixed results with adding the M3 after first or second penal depending on the map. After that CE comes back to build T70 building and move from there.

Please excuse my noobness but wanted more suggestions and what works for you.

Thanks.
8 Nov 2019, 12:52 PM

Second n00b posting his build;

CE -> CE -> special rifle -> penal -> sniper -> penal -> T70 building.

first CE builds the special rifle command, the second CE starts capping and mining the map, first CE joins to cap & mine the place after building the special rifle command. Penals work as AI (later AT) and distract the enemy while the sniper goes for the 50 kills. Leave the penals as much as possible in green cover so the sniper has time to take some shots before you lose the second/third model. PTRS works wonders vs 222 or luchs so I mostly skip the T70 and go straight for a T34/76.
13 Nov 2019, 20:07 PM

Hello friends,

I love penal builds and was hoping others would shed light on the most effective build they do with them. Hoping to get some ideas. I personally send first CE out to cap whilst building another CE. Then Penal>Penal>Penal. Second CE goes to cap opposite side of map where first CE went to spread my seed quicker and gauge where the enemy is. I've had mixed results with adding the M3 after first or second penal depending on the map. After that CE comes back to build T70 building and move from there.

Please excuse my noobness but wanted more suggestions and what works for you.

Thanks.

Your build order seems fine, though I would argue that there is not much sense in going t1 at all if you don't plan on getting an early M3. when used right the M3 can put immense pressure on the opponent (especially OKW lacking an early snare) which you really need as the high cost of penals otherwise puts you behind on the capping.

So if you want to keep going t1, I would stress that you need to practice and "git gut" with your M3 game. Otherwise it makes more sense to go cons and t2, possibly into guards.
13 Nov 2019, 20:47 PM

Without an M3 you may have a bit of trouble displacing mgs or pushing infantry out of strong cover/garrisons easily. Penals will be outnumbered and have no grenades or upgrades.

You should focus on getting a flamer with your first 60 munitions to help vs these situations and buddy them up with 1 or 2 penal squads to push through heavy resistance.

Penals are a bit hard to make work with their reinforce cost though, It's important to make sure you don't lose too much manpower at 27 per model losing 5 penals is almost as expensive as a whole CE squad.

Try to purchase healing early, keep multiple penals together to improve efficiency and don't linger too long before retreating if your squad is taking alot of hp damage to mitigate some of their weaknesses.
13 Nov 2019, 23:03 PM

Right now my current build with Tier 1 against OKW is the following CE - CE - Tier 1 - M3 - Penal - Penal - Healing - Guards/Shocks - Guards/M-42 - T-70. You want to get the M3 out as quickly as possible to give it as large of a window to deal damage. Penals are alright in their current state but I don't really go for more than two squads due to lategame scaling issues.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★