Login

russian armor

A question for skin modding

4 Nov 2019, 05:30 AM

What I am trying to do is making skins for vehicles through the way like command panther's skins

However, how do I save my skin? In what format, and do I just save my skin textures through the way like how we deal with editted abp files?
(Sorry I have never made game textures before...)
6 Nov 2019, 11:12 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

What I am trying to do is making skins for vehicles through the way like command panther's skins

However, how do I save my skin? In what format, and do I just save my skin textures through the way like how we deal with editted abp files?
(Sorry I have never made game textures before...)

I would higly recommend watching this guide. It is an old guide but I think there weren't significant changes if any.

The command panther skin is made like every other skin the only difference is that the skin is then forced on the command panther entity file in the attribute editor.
6 Nov 2019, 21:54 PM

I would higly recommend watching this guide. It is an old guide but I think there weren't significant changes if any.

The command panther skin is made like every other skin the only difference is that the skin is then forced on the command panther entity file in the attribute editor.

Thank you very much, but if I want to make a new special overrided skin, do I need to create a new skin mod or I can directly put skin into the tunning pack folder and use it?
11 Nov 2019, 14:58 PM

Can you reference mod skins in tuning packs like custom icons?

I've read conflicting information so not sure on it. You mentioned here https://www.coh2.org/topic/94047/custom-vehicle-skin-in-tuning-pack that it can be done, but how would you include this in your own tuning pack?

I have custom icons in data\ui, but would I need to include the skins in data\art ?

edit: seems like this tutorial implies that you can as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y43EGd2vHSE

but when he creates a skin pack how would that be used in the tuning pack? Im assuming there is some syntax for ModSkins_skinID_summer _winter etc.
11 Nov 2019, 17:17 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2019, 14:58 PMArtigo

Can you reference mod skins in tuning packs like custom icons?

I've read conflicting information so not sure on it. You mentioned here https://www.coh2.org/topic/94047/custom-vehicle-skin-in-tuning-pack that it can be done, but how would you include this in your own tuning pack?

I have custom icons in data\ui, but would I need to include the skins in data\art ?

edit: seems like this tutorial implies that you can as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y43EGd2vHSE

but when he creates a skin pack how would that be used in the tuning pack? Im assuming there is some syntax for ModSkins_skinID_summer _winter etc.

Nono, you can't put skins in an attribute mod. You would need to create a skin pack and then reference that skin pack in your attribute editor via the mod ID.
11 Nov 2019, 18:06 PM

Nono, you can't put skins in an attribute mod. You would need to create a skin pack and then reference that skin pack in your attribute editor via the mod ID.

Oh ok I see. Would you then need to subscribe/download the skin pack in order for it to work or can it be referenced and used/seen in the custom game without the host downloading the skin pack?
11 Nov 2019, 19:00 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2019, 18:06 PMArtigo

Oh ok I see. Would you then need to subscribe/download the skin pack in order for it to work or can it be referenced and used/seen in the custom game without the host downloading the skin pack?

Yea, the user has to subscribe to the skin pack to see it in game.
11 Nov 2019, 21:03 PM

Thanks for the reply
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight