Login

russian armor

Encirclement is just the best commander ingame

2 Nov 2019, 17:44 PM

Tell me one who isnt a game winner like that?
1 Feb 2020, 04:02 AM

Hard to use vs good players and very map dependant in my opinion fun, powerful but hard to use / get useful in a fair match
12 Sep 2022, 21:41 PM

Hard to use vs good players and very map dependant in my opinion fun, powerful but hard to use / get useful in a fair match

If you have more than one person in your team trying to cut, there are tactics on how to do it against skilled players. The best thing is, there is very little they can do about it!

Provided you are trying to cut two points alone;

Cache 1
- use upgraded Stormtroopers to destroy cache 1 asap
- make sure his infantry is further away, or just busy elsewhere
- single units, that aren't SMG Tommies, Commandos, Shocks, or Cavalry you can counter
- if opponent tries to block uncap with a unit successfully, have 280 munitions ready to stuka
- if you see a mass of infantry approaching, use smoke

Cache 2
- use Ostwind, or - if you float manpower, use 2nd Stormtroopers and have a ready vehicle, that is able to uncap and is a throwaway (so literally any except heavies, Panthers, vets, etc.)
- try to use Ostwind quickly and look for a hole in enemy line, where armor response is slow and there are no AT-guns
- try to avoid obvious minespots

In general, always assume there is a cache.
The rest boils-down to luck and whether your teammates are good at baiting. If the enemy is holding back and is playing reactively, tell them to charge on your mark - I have had a few glorious games, where a few randoms managed to instantly gain full control of the map and not let go an inch against a quite-skilled USF-UKF-UKF combo.

Enjoy!
12 Sep 2022, 22:27 PM

there are tactics on how to do it against skilled players. The best thing is, there is very little they can do about it!

I think vs "skilled" players, the game will be lost before you even reach 12cp if you're focusing on the Close The Pocket aspect of that commander :rofl:
12 Sep 2022, 22:48 PM

I think vs "skilled" players, the game will be lost before you even reach 12cp if you're focusing on the Close The Pocket aspect of that commander :rofl:

You pick the commander, when somebody is turtling the entire game and makes a flankable forward base, such as Brits, or Urban Soviets.

But yes - it tends to only work in team games, where you have an opponent, who's hindered by his own defences.
14 Sep 2022, 10:37 AM

Yes you need a great map like White Ball or Road to Arnhem to pull it of.... hey wait
14 Sep 2022, 11:37 AM

tried to encircle my giant cock with that commander but it was too big
14 Sep 2022, 11:59 AM

Encirclement is ULTRA OP against static idiotic noob players that camp fuel in chokepoint maps.

THanks to lelic, that happens quite often nowadays.

As OST I always have it in. You just need some luck ofc but when you see the opponent camping 1tds, 2atg, 2mgs and all his elite inf in one spot you know for a fact you can rape his backlines. Along with some luck in putting chokepoints out of action quick it's quite easy to do.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★