Login

russian armor

Jackson Nerf vs Making Panther Doctrinal

PAGES (10)down
5 Nov 2019, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2019, 18:31 PMLago
Funny how everyone thinks the best medium tank is the one they usually play against.

Agreed.

What i see very often are players that want to have the tank that they are against, on their favorite faction, as a stock unit , with all the faction benefits...
5 Nov 2019, 20:40 PM

Red unit OP. Buff blue.

Or, everyone judges a hammer for it's ability as a screwdriver.

That would be ok, what I don't like is when someone additionally shittalks you. CODGUY gets bullied due to his rank. One can make a comment that X unit possibly overperforms in lower ranks due to poor micro of the opponents or stuff like that and it's ok, but one shouldn't disregard other people's opinions because of this and point out all the time how bad he thinks the other person is. Forum should not be used for bullying. Felix was disrespectful. My post was disrespectful as well and hopefully I taught him that it's not nice being on the receiving end.
5 Nov 2019, 20:46 PM

That would be ok, what I don't like is when someone additionally shittalks you. CODGUY gets bullied due to his rank. One can make a comment that X unit possibly overperforms in lower ranks due to poor micro of the opponents or stuff like that and it's ok, but one shouldn't disregard other people's opinions because of this and point out all the time how bad he thinks the other person is. Forum should not be used for bullying. Felix was disrespectful. My post was disrespectful as well and hopefully I taught him that it's not nice being on the receiving end.

You need help if you think Felix’s post was disrespectful.
5 Nov 2019, 20:49 PM

CODGUY being bullied because of its rank?
I think you havent read enough of his posts to get that impression.
5 Nov 2019, 20:53 PM

You need help if you think Felix’s post was disrespectful.

Doesn't sound like he's respectful towards others.

5 Nov 2019, 20:57 PM

Listen, CODGUY often insults the game and he even insulted game developers. Thats a bad move to begin with. Players that like the game will feel insulted aswell.
Then he consistenly denies any sort of rational fact, disagrees because people dont agree with him, starts ranting in his OPs and he is very clear with his biased point of view.

People use humor and irony to tear apart a little of that toughness he pretends to have, because their arguments are pretty lame.

Lets not start a forum war because of liking/disliking other people.
5 Nov 2019, 21:06 PM

Ah nvm I thought you meant another post.
5 Nov 2019, 21:08 PM

Listen, CODGUY often insults the game and he even insulted game developers. Thats a bad move to begin with. Players that like the game will feel insulted aswell.
Then he consistenly denies any sort of rational fact, disagrees because people dont agree with him, starts ranting in his OPs and he is very clear with his biased point of view.

People use humor and irony to tear apart a little of that toughness he pretends to have, because their arguments are pretty lame.

Lets not start a forum war because of liking/disliking other people.

The thing is, Codguy is a very well known troll who’s been making troll balance threads in the steam forums for months, as well as discords and reddit. He’s not interested in any kind of discussion, just trolling and bitching about his favourite faction (usf) being incredibly underpowered in his eyes.

He should be banned from creating balance threads.
5 Nov 2019, 23:08 PM

To be honest, i dont agree with any of this. Allies having mediums + strong TDs and Axis having mediums + a "medium-heavy" Tank makes perfect sense imo. If you take the PAnther of the Wehrmacht, they have no mobile AT left and thats just kinda unfair. Altough i think Wehrmacht is almost perfectly balanced atm, taking the Brummbar into Doctrines would make more sense than Panthers...
6 Nov 2019, 00:59 AM

The thing is, Codguy is a very well known troll who’s been making troll balance threads in the steam forums for months, as well as discords and reddit. He’s not interested in any kind of discussion, just trolling and bitching about his favourite faction (usf) being incredibly underpowered in his eyes.

He should be banned from creating balance threads.

I don't post about CoH2 on Discord or Reddit, only here and Steam.

Trolling? If not going along with the usual "Muh German Krupp Steel superiority" circle jerk is trolling than so be it. We have threads constantly complaining about Grens. Yes Grens, literally the best mainline infantry right now. You have people wanting to nerf the Jackson, the only stock USF unit worth a damn.
6 Nov 2019, 02:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2019, 00:59 AMCODGUY

Trolling? If not going along with the usual "Muh German Krupp Steel superiority" circle jerk is trolling than so be it. We have threads constantly complaining about Grens. Yes Grens, literally the best mainline infantry right now. You have people wanting to nerf the Jackson, the only stock USF unit worth a damn.

And you have some people that want to buff the Jackson. Don't worry buddy, I know what your heart truly desires
6 Nov 2019, 02:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2019, 00:59 AMCODGUY

Grens are the best? I'd like to introduce you to volks....
6 Nov 2019, 02:22 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

A playercard means something, but it will never mean everything. Do not attack any user on this forum. We try and make this a place where people can have different ideas and receive input on those ideas, not their ability to play.

So if we could get off CoDguy as a player and talk more about his thread, thank you.

6 Nov 2019, 02:56 AM

Ah nvm I thought you meant another post.

A counter-troll post in response to CODGUY's nonsensical claims that OKW has the best mainline, indirect fire, light vehicle, medium tank, heavy tank etc etc, and has magical "get out of jail free cards", while certainly not the hallmark of a formal debate, is obviously BlueKnight once again lifting things out of context.

A creative way of informing CODGUY that the perceived "magical OKW get out of jail free cards" don't exist is certainly better than outright calling someone with an informed and statistically supported opinion a retard.

BlueKnight fancies himself a white knight - but he's calling me a "retard" for thinking T34-85s are top-of-class medium tanks. What a total hypocrite.

6 Nov 2019, 03:17 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Stop, both of you.
6 Nov 2019, 03:25 AM

You are retarded and I wish never to have to speak to you again.

Even if you are not retarded, you are not nice to talk to.

I'm certain that many good players rate the T34-85 highly. You fail to understand how important the HP advantage is, since it more than makes up for the P4's faster reload when it comes to tank vs tank brawls. And if you've ever used the T34-85 in game, you'd have learnt that it can survive double AT gun encounters when Shermans and T34-76s would have been vaporised.

The KT's 240 damage shots aren't efficient at taking out 800hp mediums. I favour T34-85 dives in dealing with a KT because an SU85 can zone the KT out, but can never get rid of it.

I also like how you pretend the T34-85 having 40% more mid-range pen (33% near, 50% long) over the T34-76 isn't a big deal. T34-76s are horribly unreliable at penning P4s, and you're dishonestly portraying the T34-85 as similarly unreliable just because "it doesn't have a 100% chance to pen Axis armour". The SU85 doesn't have a 100% chance to pen the Tiger either, but we don't see anyone complaining that it's "unreliable". Since you don't know how tank combat works, P4s have under 75% chance of penning the T34-85 - that's simply the dynamics of medium tank combat. Inserting a youtube video to mock your opponent doesn't magically make your flimsy excuse of an argument valid.

But yeah, go ahead and sling more mud. You're nothing but a hypocrite and a disgusting excuse of a person.

Oh, and most importantly, the initial point which you ignored was that your beloved CODGUY's claims were entirely inaccurate. My point was to highlight that other factions had good infantry/vehicles as well. Even if we assign an arbitrary score of 97 to the OKW P4 and a 95 to the T34-85, it doesn't actually change my point at all. All factions have units that overperform relative to other factions' equivalents, and some factions have tools that are difficult for some other factions to counter, an example being Brits vs the mg42. CODGUY's obsession with OKW having "get out of jail free cards" is pure drivel, as is your fanatical support of his claims.
6 Nov 2019, 07:36 AM

The biggest logical mistake many players make is to compare only performance of a unit without looking at its cost. Cost/performance value of t34/85 is so good that makes it slightly OP in my opinion.

Discussions would be so much 'healthier' if everybody added the cost of a given unit every time they refer to it being 'good' or 'bad'.
6 Nov 2019, 13:37 PM

The biggest logical mistake many players make is to compare only performance of a unit without looking at its cost. Cost/performance value of t34/85 is so good that makes it slightly OP in my opinion.

Discussions would be so much 'healthier' if everybody added the cost of a given unit every time they refer to it being 'good' or 'bad'.

But you'd be wrong because some factions are designed to have good/bad cost-efficient units. Its mostly because the other units in the same faction that sinergises or counterweighs such units.

OKW and USF have cost effective but not efficient units. SU has some good cost efficient ones. OST is in the middle, so does UKF
6 Nov 2019, 13:59 PM

But you'd be wrong because some factions are designed to have good/bad cost-efficient units. Its mostly because the other units in the same faction that sinergises or counterweighs such units.

OKW and USF have cost effective but not efficient units. SU has some good cost efficient ones. OST is in the middle, so does UKF

I dont understand your terminology. Usually cost effective means that a unit is very effective for the amount you pay- thus it is cost efficient. You seem to view the terms "cost effective" and "cost efficient" as having different meanings, please explain.
6 Nov 2019, 14:34 PM

What is important is that players often complain about a unit but forget how expensive it is and how much tech it requires. And the other way around - they use a cheap unit and expect it to be greater than sometimes significantly more expensive units.

What You write is true to some extend but generally blurs the picture and sort of means that any rational arguments should be disregarded.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS