Login

russian armor

Rifle company rework suggestion

2 Nov 2019, 03:47 AM

0cp - ass Engineer(can upgrade veteran sergent)

0cp - Ez 8, need little buff(reload time)

0cp - rifleman field defense

2cp - veteran sergent : can upgrade veteran sergent(not increase squad size, using 1 weapon slot, 60 muni)

*veteran sergent get a Thompson(same as airborn) and squad gain a sprint(free, cootime is same) cooldown -10%, received accuracy -7%,

officer also can upgrade this but sprint wii be replace to Camouflage(first strike bonus accuracy +15%)

If Major upgrade this, he can use "mark target(same as Wc51)" skill additionally

4cp - Forward observation artillery

All officer now get sight bonus +5 (while in camo +5 -> +7) and unlock White Phosphorous Smoke Barrage

Lieutenant and captain get access to "rapid barrage(9 shell)" when Major is unlcok

2 Nov 2019, 22:59 PM

Rifle Company should get some kind of vehicle to make them more viable. Something like either an M3 or M5 halftrack.
3 Nov 2019, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2019, 22:59 PMCODGUY
Rifle Company should get some kind of vehicle to make them more viable. Something like either an M3 or M5 halftrack.

halftrack is not as helpful as you think especially for USF

WC51 is more helpful
4 Nov 2019, 07:07 AM
Patrion 27

Put the M5 Halftrack/M17 Quadmount upgrade into Rifle Co. It is an abomination of faction design that Soviet gets this amazing halftrack while USF gets the horrendous early-war M15A1.
4 Nov 2019, 12:02 PM

I like Rifle nade upgrade, for the theme. Someone mention this before but May be bolster for rifle ?
4 Nov 2019, 17:51 PM

Rifle company would be really nice if it had stuff like 6man rifles and abilities that enhanced them, like sprint (without tiring out but shorter time), hit the dirt, repair kit etc.
4 Nov 2019, 21:54 PM

Actually when you think about it why not give Rifle Company access to M1919s?
4 Nov 2019, 22:26 PM

Field defense and M1919 is probably the best. The flamethrower on RE doesn't fit the theme for "Rifle company".
ddd
4 Nov 2019, 22:50 PM

Field defenses and m1919, good thinking. I think easy8 should be replaced by priest since its more "supportive" unit and easy8 is obviously not "rifle" themed unit. And WP barragr could be replaced by some more convinient arty strike, maybe Time on Target? Hmm.
4 Nov 2019, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2019, 22:50 PMddd
Field defenses and m1919, good thinking. I think easy8 should be replaced by priest since its more "supportive" unit and easy8 is obviously not "rifle" themed unit. And WP barragr could be replaced by some more convinient arty strike, maybe Time on Target? Hmm.

Bastard... I was like "this sounds a lot like infantry.... Oh yep there it is"

You got me.
5 Nov 2019, 16:55 PM
Patrion 14

I have been playing a bit of rifle co, and I think the main issues with the doctrine come down to the RE flamers and the e8s.

RE flamers just make no sense thematically, and should really be changed to some sort of weapon slot taking upgrade for riflemen. I would recommend a veteran sergeant upgrade which changes the squad to "veteran riflemen," who could come with a single thompson, and either faster vet gain, sight increase, etc., or a mix.

Hell, "Veteran Riflemen" Could become a 2CP elite infantry unit with a Thompson model, RA buffs, and 2 additional weapon slots. There are plenty of options for how to design this. IIRC, veteran riflemen from the old days were a unique unit with unique voicelines? Would be a shame for something like that to go to waste.

E8 is a bit tougher. Besides its health maybe being set to 800 a-la T34/85, I really don't know what to do with it. I see two options.

-If it is meant to be a premium medium, maybe keep it at 720 hp but give it higher speed and acceleration to emphasize it as a flanking/ diving tank. I also think giving it wp shells might not be a terrible idea.

-If it is meant to be a support unit for riflemen, maybe turn it into a command tank. Give the e8 a cap of 1, and allow it to provide bonuses to nearby infantry. An ability of some kind to reinforce its role would be good as well.

Other than those options, I don't want to see buffs to the main gun, because it really shouldn't be competing with the jackson or sherman 75 IMO. The .50 upgrade should be cheapened to be in line with the upgrade on other Shermans too. I don't recall the exact numbers, but apparently it costs more.
5 Nov 2019, 22:39 PM

What's the Mg upgrade cost for Ez8 right now? Is it 75 munitions or something? If it's higher than other shermans then I'd say by all means bring it down.

Also the only thing I would change is the RE flamers. It's certainly not worth the entire slot (Same thing with brit flamers. Not worth an entire commander slot)

Without reworking everything I probably would enter the M3 into that slot. A bit of a half track support is never a bad thing. Would be better if it came with a squad of cav rifles inside :D

6 Nov 2019, 02:50 AM

Other than those options, I don't want to see buffs to the main gun, because it really shouldn't be competing with the jackson or sherman 75 IMO. The .50 upgrade should be cheapened to be in line with the upgrade on other Shermans too.

What's the Mg upgrade cost for Ez8 right now? Is it 75 munitions or something? If it's higher than other shermans then I'd say by all means bring it down.

If you are getting the idea that the E8 MG upgrade costs more than the MG upgrade on regular Shermans from my thread, I must say that I was mistaken and made the comparison to the 76mm Sherman by accident. Both the M4A3 and the E8 .50 upgrade are IIRC 70 munitions. That is still more than Axis MG upgrades, and is more than the cost of the 76mm Sherman's MG upgrade, for some reason, but the price is consistent with the regular Sherman.

As for Rifle Co, with all the talk of adding units or vehicles, I wouldn't really be opposed to adding the Mechanized Combat Group from Mechanized Company in its entirety; both the WC51 and the M3 Halftrack. I would certainly prefer that to M1C Garand upgrade or SMG infantry or etc.

The fact that the ubiquitous M3 Halftrack is only present in one doctrine for USF is really about as strange as the fact that the main MG used by the faction is the .50 cal HMG...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★