Login

russian armor

Rifle company rework suggestion

1 Nov 2019, 09:26 AM

Its no secret that rifle company is the worst USf commander overall, its is outclassed by every other doctrine in both 1v1 and team games. Its roster is filled with medicore or almost useless abilities. Currently, the WP strike is good but situational, the E8 is a OKW pZ4 with slightly better tank v tank capability while having terrible AI performance. The advance infantry equipment feels highly situational so those fire up. Theres a reason why i almost never see this commander used as both AXIS and allies.

My idea would be
0CP- M4A3E8(increase fuel cost to 155 ,increase AI capabiliy to M4A3 sherman firing AP)
0CP-Rifleman field Defences(i will keep it)
2CP- Rifleman Recon package (gives two rifleman pathfinder M1C, allows them to use rifleman flares ,uses two weapon slot, 60muni)
4CP-Cover to Cover(same from urban assault)
6CP-Advance officer equipment(All officers except major can get 1 Thompson for 60 muni as well as the ability to call in a White Phosphorous strike(110 muni) and a P47 rocket strafe (130 muni copied from soviet airbone) ability have 3min cool down only one officer can have)

I like to hear your thoughts especially on the last ability as i felt it might be a little too strong.
ddd
1 Nov 2019, 09:53 AM

Your suggestion is not bad but i find it overcomplicated, 2 call in strikes for officer is too gimmicky IMHO. My suggestion:

1. Flamethrower, flares

2. Sprint, scoped garands for riflemen, 45 muni, 2 slots

3. Mechanized group (wc51, m3)

4. WP barrage

5. Easy8 - 175 fuel, 45 range, 240 armor, 800hp, increase pen to same level as 76mm
1 Nov 2019, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2019, 09:53 AMddd
Your suggestion is not bad but i find it overcomplicated, 2 call in strikes for officer is too gimmicky IMHO. My suggestion:

1. Flamethrower, flares

2. Sprint, scoped garands for riflemen, 45 muni, 2 slots

3. Mechanized group (wc51, m3)

4. WP barrage

5. Easy8 - 175 fuel, 45 range, 240 armor, 800hp, increase pen to same level as 76mm

I feel the mechanised group take aways what makes mechanised company special and dosent suite the theme of rifleman
ddd
1 Nov 2019, 10:19 AM

1. Halftrucks are there to transport riflemen, aka RIFLEMEN SUPPORT

2. No new assets can be added so abilities have to be reused. Biggest advantage of mechanized co. is cav rifles in wc51, this doesnt change.

Look at new ost commander, tiger and assgrens copied from mechanized assault doctrine, 2 abilities and nobody has problem with it.
ddd
1 Nov 2019, 11:58 AM

Man, that you are telling other users to not derail threads... even if you are right, maybe, just maybe think hard about your own posts the next time you are in an axis thread;).

Sure kid, any word about rifle company rework? What do you think about OP ideas?
1 Nov 2019, 12:04 PM

0CP- M4A3E8(increase fuel cost to 155 ,increase AI capabiliy to M4A3 sherman firing AP)

Easy 8 has the same AoE stats as Sherman firing AP rounds, but with around -17% scatter and +9% reload time, so it's comfortably superior to Sherman with AP rounds. It's more comparable to the Ostheer P4 in terms of AI performance.
1 Nov 2019, 12:09 PM

Easy 8 has the same AoE stats as Sherman firing AP rounds, but with around -17% scatter and +9% reload time, so it's comfortably superior to Sherman with AP rounds. It's more comparable to the Ostheer P4 in terms of AI performance.

I saw a thread where it shown that the E8 is far worst than the Panzer 4 was he wrong or.....?
1 Nov 2019, 12:21 PM

I saw a thread where it shown that the E8 is far worst than the Panzer 4 was he wrong or.....?

OKW P4 has -15% scatter over Ostheer P4, it makes a pretty big difference in terms of performance. It also doesn't help that OP in that thread only did 1 test run.

Cruzz's AoE score tends to give a good indication of a gun's performance against infantry:

- AP Sherman: 4,987
- Ost P4: 6,32
- Easy 8: 6,878
- OKW P4: 8,436
- HE Sherman: 15,561

It's some formula based on the damage of a gun, its AoE profile and scatter. Doesn't take reload time into account though.
1 Nov 2019, 12:30 PM

One test does not prove anything, given how influential RNG is in those types of engagements. I wish people would stop taking a single test result as fact.
1 Nov 2019, 13:18 PM

I think Riflemen is actually in a pretty good place now. Other than the Easy 8, everything is geared towards infantry tactics.
ddd
1 Nov 2019, 13:27 PM

He wasnt wrong when it comes to anti infantry capabilities. Easy8 not only has worst gun vs infantry of all medium tanks, it also has by far worse MGs than axis mediums, and its pintle mounted MG is most expensive for no reason. It doesnt do its job as a medium tank thats why nobody uses it.
1 Nov 2019, 13:34 PM

The comparison of rifle company with other commanders that are buffed thru roof is probably unfair since these commander should be nerfed.

4CP-Cover to Cover(same from urban assault) has little reason to be in this commander.

What one could actually try is:
R.E Flamer to ubran defense
R.E. Rifle-grenades to riflemen maybe incendiary grenades also
Dozer to rifle company as an infatry support tank
Easy8 to elite armor
Riflemen flares to reckon (even fits the voice line possibly scope garrand upgrade also replacing the I&R Pathfinder that overlap with para doctrine)
Maybe a tank hunter training for riflemen allowing them to upgrade with 2 "super bazookas"

1 Nov 2019, 13:48 PM

Would it be OP if the WP strike was MO Ed from an offmap to the sherman itself (delivered via the smoke launchers) and something else put in? Something smaller but just a wee bump
1 Nov 2019, 14:03 PM

Would it be OP if the WP strike was moved from an offmap to the sherman itself (delivered via the smoke launchers) and something else put in? Something smaller but just a wee bump

It might not be OP but, if you give the US non-doc WP, then every factional fanboy will soon be whining that their faction should get it too. Do you really want that?

*Sorry, armadillo, just re-read your post and realized I might have misunderstood what you were saying. If you actually meant that WP should be added to the Easy 8, then your idea has my full support (not that that means much).
1 Nov 2019, 16:02 PM

It might not be OP but, if you give the US non-doc WP, then every factional fanboy will soon be whining that their faction should get it too. Do you really want that?

*Sorry, armadillo, just re-read your post and realized I might have misunderstood what you were saying. If you actually meant that WP should be added to the Easy 8, then your idea has my full support (not that that means much).

Yea sorry I did mean the E8. I figure then it makes up its lower AI with a great support strike and also frees up a slot for something smaller. Makes the commander more attractive as a whole as well as giving the E8 more oomph as more than just a brawler.
2 Nov 2019, 01:35 AM

I'd suggest the M5 half-track from Tactical Support but, I don't know if I'd call that "something smaller".

The M1919 is probably more appropriate thematically but, it's already in a couple of other doctrines. The overlap with Infantry doctrine would be a bit of an issue.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★