Login

russian armor

UKF nerfs when

30 Oct 2019, 07:00 AM

same as Pak 43 and we did saw it very rarely at tournament

But we've seen it - when was last time you've seen 17-pounder being used outside of 1k+ 4v4?
30 Oct 2019, 07:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2019, 07:00 AMKatitof

But we've seen it - when was last time you've seen 17-pounder being used outside of 1k+ 4v4?

i seen it often the last weeks in rank top 100 2v2 games. and it did mostly a really good job
30 Oct 2019, 07:25 AM

i seen it often the last weeks in rank top 100 2v2 games. and it did mostly a really good job

Please provide a singular replay or vod.
I'm genuinely curious.
30 Oct 2019, 07:29 AM

I felt really bad for an OKW player recently, but I probably shouldn't. I was already Royal Arty and the guy stuck his Schwerer down near the frontline.

No tanks out yet, but I could push off his infantry long enough to build a 17pdr facing it.

So yeah, I got one passable use out of it recently. It's okay. It's not great. If you willingly invest in more than one replacement you have officially thrown your own game, they are so easy to counter with a little planning.
30 Oct 2019, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2019, 07:25 AMKatitof

Please provide a singular replay or vod.
I'm genuinely curious.

it is not hard to find them...but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO_N-mi_5O8&t=970s
30 Oct 2019, 09:33 AM

I rember 1 tournament that was used
30 Oct 2019, 11:56 AM

Anniversary Classic.

Then they banned it because it was bugged.
30 Oct 2019, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2019, 11:56 AMLago

Anniversary Classic.

Then they banned it because it was bugged.

Let me re-phrase then:
When was last time we've seen it being legit used instead of bug abused?
30 Oct 2019, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2019, 12:03 PMKatitof
Let me re-phrase then:
When was last time we've seen it being legit used instead of bug abused?

The 17-pounder isn't a bad unit on paper.

It just has the problems all emplacements have: it can't retreat, so if its territory is lost, it is too.

That makes it very map dependent and situational. But it is worth building if that situation does arise.

Are all the people calling it 'BS strong' talking crap? Yes, definitely. But it's hardly useless either.
30 Oct 2019, 12:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

it is not hard to find them...but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO_N-mi_5O8&t=970s

That was the same game i was gonna mention but the time the pounder appears is at:

https://youtu.be/gO_N-mi_5O8?t=4041

It did a good job, but mostly because after 1 hour into the game, both Axis player were already fatigued and shouting at each other (their words) and had already lost their armies. While they had the tools to deal with it, by the time they knew it was there, they were already having to repair most of their tanks and a use a Air superiority split their armies in half. UKF took the chance to make the game winning move with the base dive and killing of several vet vehicles.

Then OH proceed to threw the game, with several miss micro on armor. It didn't help that the player without any banked mp/fuel tried to base rush instead of the one who could afford it (OKW).

Pounder emplacement was irrelevant at that point, when you have a player with 2K manpower/1K fuel and basically fullpopcap vs one with 30 popcap and no resources.
30 Oct 2019, 12:47 PM

It may appears late..but this was only the decision by the player. it is usefull at the start from late game. it isnt hard to get it and to cover it since you need only a good AI unit around it..which isnt hard in team games. after that you old the area effectively.

it has brace when you must retreat all your stuff or arty callins and isnt this expansive. it is nondoc, provide heavy AT and flares. turn the gun alone into the right direction and can shot through shoblocker with muni.

it is a better pak43 ...nondoc
30 Oct 2019, 12:55 PM

It may appears late..but this was only the decision by the player. it is usefull at the start from late game. it isnt hard to get it and to cover it since you need only a good AI unit around it..which isnt hard in team games. after that you old the area effectively.

it has brace when you must retreat all your stuff or arty callins and isnt this expansive. it is nondoc, provide heavy AT and flares. turn the gun alone into the right direction and can shot through shoblocker with muni.

Its also much more expensive then pak43 and can't be scavenged for resources once its done.
It also barely did anything in the replay, pak43 would do much more due to aggressive allies play.
30 Oct 2019, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2019, 12:55 PMKatitof

Its also much more expensive then pak43 and can't be scavenged for resources once its done.
It also barely did anything in the replay, pak43 would do much more due to aggressive allies play.

you shoudl really look this replay again...with better attaention on the dmg this gun did
30 Oct 2019, 13:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It scared a PV once. By the time the pounder started to shoot again, the game was already lost. You don't recover from 2 armies at basically max popcap with thousands of mp and fuel in reserve with 1 player having lost his whole army, vet, no vehicles at only been able to afford a single new PV.

When you are 50 VP low and your partner lost most of their shit, you are forced to take stupid risky decisions and you don't have time to deal with things properly. Ele in the middle of the map without support and KT base rushing on it's own just sealed the deal.

The pounder emplacement was a response to the Elephant. There was no point to bring it up before, specially when the opponent is OKW with a Stuka and OH with PW and mortar already in game and you know they had pick Ele doctrine with Dive bomb as well.

You could argue that it all started with the PV been low in health after taking 2 shots by the emplacement. The first one was free of guilt, but the second was a stupid mistake. It's like me seeing you plant a mine and then complaining mines are OP after running through that point with a tank.
30 Oct 2019, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2019, 12:20 PMLago

The 17-pounder isn't a bad unit on paper.

It just has the problems all emplacements have: it can't retreat, so if its territory is lost, it is too.

That makes it very map dependent and situational. But it is worth building if that situation does arise.

Are all the people calling it 'BS strong' talking crap? Yes, definitely. But it's hardly useless either.

+1 on this.
31 Oct 2019, 19:55 PM

OP, if brits are so horribly broken and overpowered, why haven't you reached the number 1 spot with them on the leaderboards?

Surely you must have unfathomable amounts of experience with the game.
31 Oct 2019, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2019, 19:55 PMA table
OP, if brits are so horribly broken and overpowered, why haven't you reached the number 1 spot with them on the leaderboards?

Surely you must have unfathomable amounts of experience with the game.

I play a game to have fun, and playing as a historically inaccurate army of cucks isnt my idea of fun
31 Oct 2019, 22:46 PM

I play a game to have fun, and playing as a historically inaccurate army of cucks isnt my idea of fun

Boy, you probably have horrible time in this game, being allowed to play USF exclusively by your very own standard.
1 Nov 2019, 00:44 AM

Ok, talking of historical accuracy, with your logic, since allies won the war, any game that axis win make the game unfun.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
Korea, Republic Of 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment