Login

russian armor

Thoughts on World Championship 2019 so far?

23 Oct 2019, 08:04 AM

Please share your findings and thoughts on state of balance

Tbf i only had time to watch tightrope replays and some AE casts.

My feels is Usf is dominating Wehr. Too much straight to call ins. Makes P4 play irrelevant now.
A lot of Tiger usage. I guess making the gun more consistent helps to give it dual role, AT meat shield and good AI.

No place for expensive inefficient panther so far. No need for Brums too. Allies still fielding their OP 60TD, so that's says alot

I can see why vipper singled out the call in changes. Right now no more t3/t4 plays. Hit wehr the hardest imo
23 Oct 2019, 14:24 PM

There weren't many split matches so I don't think you could conclude anything about balance.

Even with VonIvan/Brosras's match that was split, I don't think you could make any general balance statements. I'm betting that double WC51's doesn't become part of the meta for most people.
ddd
23 Oct 2019, 15:04 PM

Ostheer: 80% winrate

USF: 10% winrate

I think ostheer needs some heavy nerfs, panzergrenadiers need to be delayed and ability to skip tech structures removed. Their units got buffed to ridiculous level, there is no excuse to keep tech skipping anymore.
23 Oct 2019, 15:05 PM

Soviets, USF, Ostheer and OKW all seem Viable, brits I didn't see enough of yet.

For Brits and Ostheer you really need a well developed strategy though, I felt I did best with ostheer, but I had practiced Ostruppen alot.
VonIvan was using Mech Assault for which he has a really well practiced build

I saw tightrope was doing a standard 4 grens mg, even with a relatively heavy t1 and fine play he got pushed off in that 5-7 miniute range when Ostheer tends to struggle to counter vehicles, infantry and mgs at the same time.

Edit: I really want to see more of the top seeds play ostheer to try to improve my own play, but many are choosing OKW :*(
23 Oct 2019, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2019, 15:04 PMddd

I think ostheer needs some heavy nerfs, panzergrenadiers need to be delayed and ability to skip tech structures removed. Their units got buffed to ridiculous level, there is no excuse to keep tech skipping anymore.

Is that a real stat? :hyper:

And as usual, the balance forums conclude everything that happens is more proof that the red units are OP.
ddd

Is that a real stat? :hyper:

Oh its real son. Its real.
23 Oct 2019, 15:07 PM

23 Oct 2019, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2019, 15:06 PMddd

Oh its real son. Its real.

Holy confirmation bias.

*Ostheer wins a match*
"OMG I WAS RIGHT, I TOLD YOU AXIS FANBOYS ALL ALONG!!"
*Ignores USF wins*

I'd wait until someone like Siphon gives us stats before making any conclusions.
23 Oct 2019, 15:32 PM

Bug splat op , tightrope can confirm
23 Oct 2019, 15:35 PM

Holy confirmation bias.

*Ostheer wins a match*
"OMG I WAS RIGHT, I TOLD YOU AXIS FANBOYS ALL ALONG!!"
*Ignores USF wins*

I'd wait until someone like Siphon gives us stats before making any conclusions.

Are there any stats on faction selection though? I don't see it listed in the brackets? It would be a pain to go through all the replays when they could just write the factions next to like where they are keeping track of w/l. Especially when I can only get the replays from Round Robin 1 even though I was in RR 4 :foreveralone:

I still think its fine to talk about what people are doing and how they are playing, but if we're just gonna talk stats with no stats available...:hansGG:
ddd
23 Oct 2019, 15:41 PM

I was watching multiple streams during tournament and every usf game was lost except voivans games. And despite all the crying on this forum, ostheer was picked very often with great results, there were even underdog stories like bulat vs noggano. Ofc noggano lost with usf against ost.
23 Oct 2019, 15:43 PM

All heavy tanks should have CP reqs pushed back to 12 or so. I kind of hate how heavy tank stall basically became heavy tank rush.
23 Oct 2019, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2019, 15:41 PMddd
I was watching multiple streams during tournament and every usf game was lost except voivans games. And despite all the crying on this forum, ostheer was picked very often with great results, there were even underdog stories like bulat vs noggano. Ofc noggano lost with usf against ost.

Is there a vod for the noggano series?
23 Oct 2019, 16:05 PM

Is there a vod for the noggano series?

Greyshot did some https://www.twitch.tv/videos/497171066. Starts around 30 minute mark.
23 Oct 2019, 17:30 PM

Are you sure??

The ones i saw Wehr lost most. Even vonivan had to use non-wehr strats of assgren/pgrens push to beat usf.

Wehr static plays and supporting by Grens is just non-viable.
23 Oct 2019, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2019, 17:30 PMmrgame2

Are you sure??

The ones i saw Wehr lost most. Even vonivan had to use non-wehr strats of assgren/pgrens push to beat usf.

How are ass-grens and pgrens "non-wehr" strats. One of them is literally a nondoc unit.
23 Oct 2019, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2019, 16:05 PMRosbone

Greyshot did some https://www.twitch.tv/videos/497171066. Starts around 30 minute mark.

Thanks, tiramisu vs happycat was a great game there too

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2019, 17:30 PMmrgame2

Are you sure??

I saw Noganno win USF v Wher in 6 minutes in the Greyshot cast, his opponent went for grens and mg :hansWUT:
I would also say that almost every game where i have been able to a better player in automatch this patch, they were using standard ostheer play.

How are ass-grens and pgrens "non-wehr" strats. One of them is literally a nondoc unit.

I think the point is that choosing a doctrine at minute 0 just to be competitive is not the way many players would like to use ostheer. Whether or not that is actually the case for eveyrbody is up for debate, but that's how Von has decided to play.
23 Oct 2019, 18:20 PM

I think the point is that choosing a doctrine at minute 0 just to be competitive is not the way many players would like to use ostheer. Whether or not that is actually the case for eveyrbody is up for debate, but that's how Von has decided to play.

Well, riflemen were buffed because everyone relied on T0 call in infantry to be competitive. Let’s see how long it takes for Ostheer to get the same treatment.
23 Oct 2019, 18:24 PM

Well, riflemen were buffed because everyone relied on T0 call in infantry to be competitive. Let’s see how long it takes for Ostheer to get the same treatment.

It would be easier to make grens build from base and see what 80 extra manpower but no faust grens look like
I don't think it's coincidence that Ostheer is, for the most part, only faction which is spending manpower on tech at the start of the game. Especially considering what like 40-60 mp differences in the OKW opening did to USF vs OKW balance

They did just change gren vet 3 last patch
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight