Login

russian armor

Brummbar OP plz nerf!!!!

PAGES (8)down
20 Oct 2019, 18:38 PM

Permanently Banned
This Brummbar singlehandedly takes out 2 at gun crews!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1teRM94ArE&t=24m6s&t=24m6s

Oh wait. Laughs in KV8 - the unit that's cheaper than Brum, cheaper to tech to than Brum, more armor than Brum, more health than Brum, has a turret unlike Brum, does consistent damage unlike Brum, and doesn't needed to be microed like a sniper unlike Brum. Yeah, yeah it's doctrinal, we know. Said the faction which only a handful of docs that DON'T have some sort of premium doctrinal armor. And you can see the FIVE MAN rak crew was fairly spread out especially the second crew, but it didn't matter.

With all the commotion about Brum being OP a few months back, this Soviet dragon was silently laughing. There were even some people who believed that a Brum shouldn't be allowed to take on a single unsupported AT gun because "aT gUnS wErE madE tO cOunTER aRMoR!!!" Meanwhile KV8.....:lol::lol::lol:

This scenario can be easily recreated and isn't a one off. However I challenge anyone to recreate a Brum singlehandedly killing 2 at guns. It won't happen. Brum's a 5 hit kill so 3 shots each from double zis or 6pdr (math says 1 shot should bounce)
20 Oct 2019, 19:06 PM
20 Oct 2019, 19:23 PM

Ok please show me the free KV8 ability that deletes team weapons from a distance of 60 range. Or where I can build the KV8 if I didnt pick a doc for it. Or the last time a KV8 reliably penetrated tanks in case of a direct hit.

I'll wait

20 Oct 2019, 19:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I remember this game. Penals went to recrew the weapon and they died as well to the flames lol.
20 Oct 2019, 19:38 PM

Ok please show me the free KV8 ability that deletes team weapons from a distance of 60 range. Or where I can build the KV8 if I didnt pick a doc for it. Or the last time a KV8 reliably penetrated tanks in case of a direct hit.

I'll wait

brumbar range Is 35
20 Oct 2019, 20:08 PM

20 Oct 2019, 20:09 PM

I love the Brummbar, I also adore its vet 1 ability which destroys bunched up units quickly.
20 Oct 2019, 20:11 PM

Permanently Banned
#rant
/thread

I was spitting facts. Pure facts about the comparison between KV8 and Brum. Rants have no facts or content at all. The only thing my post lacks is a solution either nerfing the KV or rebuffing the Brum a bit.
20 Oct 2019, 20:11 PM

I was spitting facts. Pure facts about the comparison between KV8 and Brum. Rants have no facts or content at all. The only thing my post lacks is a solution either nerfing the KV or rebuffing the Brum a bit.

dunno, sounds like rant
20 Oct 2019, 20:12 PM

Permanently Banned
I love the Brummbar, I also adore its vet 1 ability which destroys bunched up units quickly.

U mean the pre-nerf vet 1? Because the vet 1 now is as reliable as railway - only first shot matters.
20 Oct 2019, 20:16 PM

brumbar range Is 35

He's talking about the Bunker Busting Barrage.
20 Oct 2019, 20:21 PM

Permanently Banned
My solution would be to revert the armor back to pre-nerf levels. Right now, Brums are hardcountered by TDs (5% chance to bounce at max range.) KV8s however can bounce every third shot from Stug/JP4/pak/rak (270 armor vs 180-190 pen at max range) and the fact that KV8 has more health too. KV8 bounces more than 5% from panthers. Also, I think the vet 1 shells should fire with faster reload to compensate for significantly higher scatter. Right now the vet 1 ability is as useful as Stug TWP.

Now that people have used the nerfed Brum for a few months, we see a marked decline of the Brum especially in a 1v1. T4 is back to being a dustbin tier for 1v1 after the Brum nerfs. With the ostwind back to being a good unit, few are getting a Brum. The panther right now (for Ost) isn't even a "good" unit anymore, it's a pretty goddamn average unit. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not a threatening unit which T4 units were supposed to be. It was and is always a good tank for OKW since they don't need to tech for an imaginary "premium" tier.
20 Oct 2019, 20:25 PM

He's talking about the Bunker Busting Barrage.

You just burst Stug's bubble, er...bunker.

I'm with Blueknight on this one, seems like a rant. OP used a Soviet loss to OKW as a reason for Soviet nerfs and OST buffs.
20 Oct 2019, 20:29 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2019, 20:25 PMGrumpy

You just burst Stug's bubble, er...bunker.

I'm with Blueknight on this one, seems like a rant. OP used a Soviet loss to OKW as a reason for Soviet nerfs and OST buffs.

So sarcasm = rant? If I just made a post about Brum being UP without comparisons to other units, people wouldn't care or call me axis fanboy. I just got people's attention with a stupid title and a bait.
20 Oct 2019, 20:40 PM

My solution would be to revert the armor back to pre-nerf levels. Right now, Brums are hardcountered by TDs (5% chance to bounce at max range.) KV8s however can bounce every third shot from Stug/JP4/pak/rak (270 armor vs 180-190 pen at max range) and the fact that KV8 has more health too. KV8 bounces more than 5% from panthers. Also, I think the vet 1 shells should fire with faster reload to compensate for significantly higher scatter. Right now the vet 1 ability is as useful as Stug TWP.

Now that people have used the nerfed Brum for a few months, we see a marked decline of the Brum especially in a 1v1. T4 is back to being a dustbin tier for 1v1 after the Brum nerfs. With the ostwind back to being a good unit, few are getting a Brum. The panther right now (for Ost) isn't even a "good" unit anymore, it's a pretty goddamn average unit. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not a threatening unit which T4 units were supposed to be. It was and is always a good tank for OKW since they don't need to tech for an imaginary "premium" tier.

T4 for Ostheer needs some love.

I think the cost of it should be increased by like 150mp and 30 fuel, then the Panther could get some extra moving accuracy and the Brummbar could get some extra armour.
20 Oct 2019, 20:42 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think the KV-8 is very strong, maybe too strong for the timing it comes out. If you go p4 or fall behind early you're essentially at the tanks mercy due to its ability to 2v1 AT guns. I don't think the idea of buffing the brummbar to obscene levels again because another unit is strong is a good idea though. I also think the KV-8 is simply overshadowed currently by heavy tanks since they're essentially able to 2v1 AT guns now as well.
20 Oct 2019, 20:45 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't think the idea of buffing the brummbar to obscene levels against because another unit is strong is a good idea though.

Having the Brum get it's armor back to 260 and to revert skirt bonus from 10% to 30% is hardly an obscene buff, I'm not asking for the range to revert to 40, or pinpoint accuracy of all vet 1 shell ability.
20 Oct 2019, 20:47 PM

Permanently Banned

T4 for Ostheer needs some love.

I think the cost of it should be increased by like 150mp and 30 fuel, then the Panther could get some extra moving accuracy and the Brummbar could get some extra armour.

I wouldn't mind at all paying more for T4. I just want units that are worth it.
20 Oct 2019, 20:48 PM

I wouldn't mind at all paying more for T4. I just want units that are worth it.

They are.
Not being capable of using them right doesn't change that.
20 Oct 2019, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2019, 20:48 PMKatitof

They are.
Not being capable of using them right doesn't change that.

Half true.

Werfer is really good, no change.

Panther is stuck between diving tank and TD. Needs 5 less range and 10% more moving accuracy imo to be a strong mobile brawler.

Brummbar is an assault gun that can’t assault shit because it gets wrecked. Not enough mobility to flank strongpoints, not enough armour or range to take them head on. Tried a brummbar 3 days ago and the everything penetrated like it was nothing. Either more armour or more range to make it more usable.

I’d give the Brummbar half the nerfs to armour back, for a bit less mobility. That way it’s more usable, but you have to be more careful where you commit it because it can’t escape as well.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak