Login

russian armor

Tips versing OKW scavenge commander

20 Oct 2019, 07:39 AM

Hello,

I've seen that this OKW commander is rising in popularity due to the Ostwind being able to get deployed quicker. This beast chews up T-70's and any supporting infantry. Any thoughts on this new disturbing trend? To give some background, I am strictly a penal builder, I have abandoned Cons as they are not on the same ball park as Volks. Penals, on to T-70, followed by SU85 and Katyusha. I always go Shock commander with the incendiary, KV8, and IS2. I just need fresh eyes on my issue with dealing with Ostwind. That thing just makes traversing the map scarier. I'm sure there's an obvious solution but fatigue has gotten to me.

Thank you all
22 Oct 2019, 18:34 PM

Hi,

I use to play similar build order as you, even if I tried to go back on conscript on some map where you do need mortar to take out MG.
I use to take out Ostwind with penals : if they all get antitank rifle, they can ripe out Ostwind from far away whithout so much bleeding.
The key is actually to set up a trap by backing some engeneer or cons, and when the guy is getting greedy, coming on the back with penals and satchel. Mines + penals work too.
The only limit is if they play Ostwind on defense, behind front troop. I dunno how to deal with those before SU85 kickin'.
24 Oct 2019, 05:28 AM

You should have a t-34 out before he gets his ostwind.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★