Login

russian armor

Should Axis pintle upgrade give bonus sight?

19 Oct 2019, 05:23 AM

Right now pintle is worst upgrade as compared to Allies equivalent.

I am thinking if we give it +5 sight after upgraded. It makes a good dynamic of Axis tank sight vs Allies tank range. Perhaps this is key to balance out Wehr penetration vs Sov/Ukf armor?
19 Oct 2019, 06:04 AM
MMX
19 Oct 2019, 06:12 AM

nah

couldn't have said it any better
19 Oct 2019, 06:37 AM

nah

Why? Because Axis has to never get some improvements in QoL?

I guess this could equalise the range of 60TD and/or 0.75 moving accuracy advantages and/or faster vehicles of Allies.

+5 sight seems to tie better with Axis supposedly higher armor class, at least until 60TD dominates the field.

You can shoot but you cant see, you can see but you cant shoot. A nice dynamics worth considering.

Right now you spend on pintle and gets the worse returns for such upgrade imo. I think pintle is another legacy forgotten after time. It was interesting back launch, but seem fallen back now.
19 Oct 2019, 06:53 AM

nah

Pretty much.
19 Oct 2019, 07:25 AM

nah

^This.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2019, 05:23 AMmrgame2
I am thinking if we give it +5 sight after upgraded. It makes a good dynamic of Axis tank sight vs Allies tank range. Perhaps this is key to balance out Wehr penetration vs Sov/Ukf armor?

Which allied tanks would get more range then? Because they are all equal or lower as of now.
19 Oct 2019, 08:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2019, 06:37 AMmrgame2

Why? Because Axis has to never get some improvements in QoL?

I guess this could equalise the range of 60TD and/or 0.75 moving accuracy advantages and/or faster vehicles of Allies.

+5 sight seems to tie better with Axis supposedly higher armor class, at least until 60TD dominates the field.

You can shoot but you cant see, you can see but you cant shoot. A nice dynamics worth considering.

Right now you spend on pintle and gets the worse returns for such upgrade imo. I think pintle is another legacy forgotten after time. It was interesting back launch, but seem fallen back now.

O boy he found yet another thing that "underpreforms"
When are you gonna stop trolling?

Just to humor you:
Axis not needing either doctrines or returning to base to get upgrades is one reason not to get extra stuff on their pintle.
The shear number of tanks that can get a pintle compared to allies is an another reason.
The overlap with spotting scopes, bonus vison on pio,s and halftracks is a third reason.
Just for starters.
19 Oct 2019, 08:30 AM

jesus how many of these threads are you gonna make?...... whats next leopard 2a5 for ost?
19 Oct 2019, 09:57 AM

Which tanks? Isnt it obvious 60td katitof?
Those 60td have thrown late game wehr faction hanging by the single thread these days.
19 Oct 2019, 10:04 AM

O boy he found yet another thing that "underpreforms"
When are you gonna stop trolling?

Just to humor you:
Axis not needing either doctrines or returning to base to get upgrades is one reason not to get extra stuff on their pintle.
The shear number of tanks that can get a pintle compared to allies is an another reason.
The overlap with spotting scopes, bonus vison on pio,s and halftracks is a third reason.
Just for starters.

All your points actually support my suggestion or dont counter it.

What you mean needing to go back base upgrade the pintle?

Only 3 tanks iirc for wehrboo, maybe 4 if you count normal tiger. But the numbers of tanks with pintle does not affect this suggestion, its not like +5 is op or you can field as many as those tanks.

Spotting scope just got heavy nerf and i feel this actually help supplement the idea for the 1.5s penalty.

Pioneer sight dont overlap unless you push them further the front lines, which you shouldn't. Ht is expensive to use and iirc you need vet...

Look, the point is to create a fairer dynamic of sight/armour vs range/pen. Alliea 60td don't cost extra to get the range and pen and sweet vet bonus. Hell firefly just got free tulips buff for some reason....
19 Oct 2019, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2019, 09:57 AMmrgame2
Which tanks? Isnt it obvious 60td katitof?
Those 60td have thrown late game wehr faction hanging by the single thread these days.

They exists since day 1 and wehr had no problems with them before.
What exactly changed now?
Was PaK removed? Panther had hp reduced to 640?
Shrecks were taken away?
19 Oct 2019, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2019, 05:23 AMmrgame2
Right now pintle is worst upgrade as compared to Allies equivalent.

The allied equivalent being the M4 pintle upgrade which is effectively the same... or are you referring to the british tank commander upgrade which IS NOT an equivalent as it does not boost Anti infantry power nor does it offer AA capability.

Believe me, soviet players would LOVE to have an upgrade that adds AA to their tank destroyers(eg su85) and medium tanks(T-34).

The pintle upgrades are perfectly fine.
19 Oct 2019, 11:21 AM

Pintle is fine, hull hmg and coxial need an overhaul, and normalization both in DPS and in profile.

There is also little reason for 2 tank mg to have similar DPS to 2+ 1 costing 60-70 MU.
19 Oct 2019, 11:23 AM

I'll assume that you're all advocating for this kind of buffs for all the sherman pintles which cost more muni then axis equivalents.
19 Oct 2019, 11:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2019, 10:04 AMmrgame2

All your points actually support my suggestion or dont counter it.

What you mean needing to go back base upgrade the pintle?

Only 3 tanks iirc for wehrboo, maybe 4 if you count normal tiger. But the numbers of tanks with pintle does not affect this suggestion, its not like +5 is op or you can field as many as those tanks.

Spotting scope just got heavy nerf and i feel this actually help supplement the idea for the 1.5s penalty.

Pioneer sight dont overlap unless you push them further the front lines, which you shouldn't. Ht is expensive to use and iirc you need vet...

Look, the point is to create a fairer dynamic of sight/armour vs range/pen. Alliea 60td don't cost extra to get the range and pen and sweet vet bonus. Hell firefly just got free tulips buff for some reason....

How does bonus sight on a pintle have a dynamic with 60 rage td,s?

Stug p4 p5 and brum can get pintles and the doctinal tiger can as well. compared to sov is2 isu and m4c sherman, wich all are in doctrines. For usf its the 2 shermans one is stock.

Spotting scopes got a just nerf. Now you need to stop to get the benefits. No more speeding around stopping when you see the enemy while they cant see you. Pio,s do have free bonus vison, their price nor preformance was changed when they got that extra vision, it was done for synergy with the mg42.

The ai upgrade on the field was to show axis are different in design. Since allies get their upgrades differently etc. Lacking heavy armour with a good gun and good speed non doc is the reason allies have potent 60 range td,s. Axis have no problem what so ever to penn stock allied armour, allies did have big problems penning axis stock armour because they had the heaviest tank stock.
Allied td,s have no ai to speak off, unlike the panther and stug. Only the su76 but that is effective for light and medium armour and not heavy. The su85 sight ability guts its mobility and vision goes to a single cone. To say that it comes free is just wrong.

19 Oct 2019, 12:54 PM

Im sorry but wehr doesnt have a late game issue... you just have a l2p issue...
19 Oct 2019, 13:33 PM

19 Oct 2019, 15:02 PM

We should put mrgame2 and CODGUY in a cage and watch them duke it out over which faction is the most underpowered.
19 Oct 2019, 15:31 PM

We should put mrgame2 and CODGUY in a cage and watch them duke it out over which faction is the most underpowered.

Arrange a BO3 between these two as a warm up for the 2019 tournament final.
19 Oct 2019, 16:12 PM

nah

Post of the week!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment