Login

russian armor

Brits in 1v1 is a joke

PAGES (9)down
17 Oct 2019, 22:49 PM

There is several problems with Brits atm. We won't see them in the upcoming tournament much.

1: There's no tatical flexibility with Brits. Emplacements are desperatly in need of a rework. For an emplacement faction, they sure get the short end of the stick when it comes to emplacement viability. Motar pit is so despirately needed sometimes with no other barrage weapon availble except base howi but can be countere oh so easily.

2: This patch's dps curve readjustment and the out of cover RA nerf is really forcing people to purchase 5man upgrade even more now. They are severely punished for being out of cover for absolutely no reason other than to reinforce the original factional design which didn't work. One nerf would have been enough but both at the same time is very much Grenades + 5 man + weapon racks is 60 fuel by itself. Imagine any other faction having to pay 60 fuel for their mainlines to perform well.

3: Brit's early game has no light vehicle counter besides from the AEC. Royal engineers has at grenades but no where in the viability of Conscripts or Fausts. The only unit that comes to mind that has soft AV before an AEC and AT gun would be the tank hunter infantry section. That's in a doctrine no one uses. That of which brings me to another point.

4: Brit Commanders are kind of meh. Tatical Support and Vanguard are getting more popular because they both have the Croc and plug up some (not a lot) of holes in the Brit lineup.

5: Cromwell is still bad vs infantry and Brits lack a shock unit.

Whether or not you agree, we will see the results in the tournament that's coming up.
17 Oct 2019, 23:13 PM

After suffering for years from all the garbage cheesy bullshit on this pay to win faction, I must say I enjoy destroying rank 100 Brits like it’s nothing.

Keep them there for a couple more months, then overhaul the faction after the tournament into something well designed and not cheesy.
17 Oct 2019, 23:44 PM

There’s so much wrong with this post. The Cromwell bad vs infantry?

If you want infantry that suffers for no reason, have a look at Grens.

But finally, the brits have no counter to Lvs aside from the AEC? By that you mean the single best counter to Lvs in the entire game? My heart is breaking for having such pitiful options to deal with light vehicles.
17 Oct 2019, 23:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2019, 23:44 PMFarlion

grens are great earlygame... they taper a bit in the lategame since HE rapes grens like no tomorrow... but the 20% DR buff fixes this issue... theyre also quite well balanced with the conscript (aside from the ridiculous sidetechs which need to go)... hence any gren buff therefore requires an equivalent conscript buff to match...

tommies on the other hand start out as worse 280mp grenadiers with bonuses when in cover and have a really rough start... eventually they get better when they become 5 man... but theyre still in a pickle in most engagements unless the tommies are in cover....
18 Oct 2019, 03:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2019, 23:44 PMFarlion
There’s so much wrong with this post. The Cromwell bad vs infantry?

But finally, the brits have no counter to Lvs aside from the AEC? By that you mean the single best counter to Lvs in the entire game? My heart is breaking for having such pitiful options to deal with light vehicles.

Cromwell has the worst performance vs infantry out of all of the medium tanks.

Don't make this a whine about Grens thread, they at least have options and tatical flexibilty.

False, Puma is the best counter to LV in the game. Its range allows it to alpha target the AEC and win in trade engagements. The puma is also backed up by a mulititude of mainlines with snares and a light vehicle combo that can drive off infantry very well.

And if you're about to say but but but OST. Ost has superior light vehicle timing while AEC comes around the time of a T70. There's a lot a flame halftrack can do within that time frame. Soviets and USF at least have some Soft AT options. What does the British faction have besides the tank hunters I mentioned. Before you say but but but you can just >t2 into Aec without buying any side tech to boost the only poor ass infantry you have availble then I'd say that situation is unrealistic.

Can you say that the Brits have such a promising combo non-doctrinally? I'm curious on how you will respond.
18 Oct 2019, 03:50 AM

After suffering for years from all the garbage cheesy bullshit on this pay to win faction, I must say I enjoy destroying rank 100 Brits like it’s nothing.

Keep them there for a couple more months, then overhaul the faction after the tournament into something well designed and not cheesy.

Lol enjoy that time man. I'm suffering over here like a MF. Honestly it's so not worth playing Brits but ah, I gotta make a video out it so guess I'll die.
18 Oct 2019, 03:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2019, 23:57 PMgbem

grens are great earlygame... they taper a bit in the lategame since HE rapes grens like no tomorrow... but the 20% DR buff fixes this issue... theyre also quite well balanced with the conscript (aside from the ridiculous sidetechs which need to go)... hence any gren buff therefore requires an equivalent conscript buff to match...

tommies on the other hand start out as worse 280mp grenadiers with bonuses when in cover and have a really rough start... eventually they get better when they become 5 man... but theyre still in a pickle in most engagements unless the tommies are in cover....

It's quite interesting how this could have been balanced by pushing 5man into the end of T2 transitioning to T3 by making it locked behind either AEC tech or Bofors. Soviets are kind of doing that now with the whole 7thman thing.

That would have been a good fix to 5man britblobs but I guess it's good to fuck up the entire mainline of a faction and leave it at that.
18 Oct 2019, 07:09 AM

Permanently Banned
Puma is a bit better, but it takes longer to tech for it and you lock out free healing for most of the game. Teching AEC is dirt cheap and only locks out bofors, which is a noob unit anyways.

Northfire is probably salty that his sections are no longer batshit op and stomp everything in its path.
18 Oct 2019, 07:49 AM

loool.

A-move brit blob and cheese do not work anymore. British players need to learn what green cover and tactic is first. :)
18 Oct 2019, 08:01 AM

So there are people who think UKF is a viable faction in 1v1? It's like they have completely ignored everyone abandoning them since the patch. But yeah, for a Wehrabo they are probably in a perfect spot now, I agree.
18 Oct 2019, 08:16 AM

So there are people who think UKF is a viable faction in 1v1? It's like they have completely ignored everyone abandoning them since the patch. But yeah, for a Wehrabo they are probably in a perfect spot now, I agree.

Honestly, even in team games with allies to cover some of their weaknesses, they often struggle to pull their weight.

18 Oct 2019, 08:21 AM

Yea they totally nerfed Brits I mean , they reduced FF price, buffed vicker, buffed comet ,buffed all emplacement with refund,buffed Cromwell, buffed late game IS, buffed price of IS

They nerfed Churchill price by 5 and pop cap

Bofors now does not counter tanks too

IS are not god at 5 men but still have the same DPS and better DPS with lmg thanks to no overkill now
18 Oct 2019, 08:29 AM

UKF still lacks decent indirect fire. Regardless of whether you can refund the emplacement or not.

Comet is still not worth it imo.

Don't know about the bofors. Haven't built one in months.

18 Oct 2019, 08:45 AM

Yea they totally nerfed Brits I mean , they reduced FF price, buffed vicker, buffed comet ,buffed all emplacement with refund,buffed Cromwell, buffed late game IS, buffed price of IS

They nerfed Churchill price by 5 and pop cap

Bofors now does not counter tanks too

IS are not god at 5 men but still have the same DPS and better DPS with lmg thanks to no overkill now

If what you say is true why is UKF a dead faction in 1v1 and on life support in 2v2? Makes no sense.

Infantry Sections carried UKF pre-patch and now they have become a liabilty because of their utter inability to attack. They are still good in cover but that doesn't help you if you need to push enemy positions. A few token buffs to other units can't change that. UKF still lacks basic tools and now the OP stuff they used to be able to exploit is gone so there is no point playing them over USF and Soviets.
18 Oct 2019, 09:07 AM

please do explain how now they are bad in attacking , they now cost less and have same dps , if not better with lmg
18 Oct 2019, 09:29 AM

please do explain how now they are bad in attacking , they now cost less and have same dps , if not better with lmg

They have bad moving DPS, dont have mobile smoke outside the pit to cover movements, dont have dedicated cqb unit to support, LMG cant fire on moving so it further decrease moving dps.
18 Oct 2019, 09:49 AM

no i mean on how the "nerf" make them from best to worst at attacking position
18 Oct 2019, 10:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

What made or break UKF was not the double LMG, but the performance with bolster. You now need Bolster + weapon unlock before they are as good as before.

The cost decrease has the same impact as the change with Volks. The reinforce cost hasn't change and the cost acquisition just represents like 50mp top through out the whole game (or less if you don't get IS wiped or you replace them with other infantry). The better DPS applies only at vet3 and is theoretical. You can dress it as much as you want, but the reality is that 5 model with Lee enfields doing 5 x 16 (80) was a stronger unit. Probably not in the raw total DPS output, but how it could reduce the damage received by killing models in the enemy squad.

The suppression buff on the Vickers, doesn't fix the problem with the unit itself. I'm sure you know why if we nerf the damage, it might actually be a better MG.

Mobility buff isn't going to make people use it way more. Same with other changes to Comet/FF.

It could be a problem to adapt or discover a new meta for UKF, but it seems that anything that UKF can do, USF can do it better at the moment (Rifles, MG, light vehicles, shock vehicles, real AI tank).

18 Oct 2019, 10:26 AM

Nope, they are better with lmg, how it's so hard to understand that they only reduced the sniping? DPS is the same , they now might need an extra shoot to kill a model but now with lmg they are better cause they don't overkill anymore

+ They are cheaper and beat volks at long range out of cover at 4 men and at all ranges in cover
18 Oct 2019, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nope, they are better with lmg, how it's so hard to understand that they only reduced the sniping? DPS is the same , they now might need an extra shoot to kill a model but now with lmg they are better cause they don't overkill anymore

+ They are cheaper and beat volks at long range out of cover at 4 men and at all ranges in cover

You still fail to see why they were used as much prior the latest patch.

The sniping and performance with bolster is all the reason the faction was been used.

As i said before, maybe it's a lack of testing and adaptation to find a new way to play UKF, but not been able to understand why UKF is not as popular now, is not understanding why they were popular before.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS