Login

russian armor

Brits in 1v1 is a joke

PAGES (9)down
18 Oct 2019, 10:41 AM

Nope, they are better with lmg, how it's so hard to understand that they only reduced the sniping?

That was the selling point you know... tommies aren't exactly exceptional in long engagements, especially if its at mid or close range, contrary to rifles or penals. They do scale better then both, but then again, they pay considerably more for that.

DPS is the same , they now might need an extra shoot to kill a model but now with lmg they are better cause they don't overkill anymore

That's not how it works, that's not how any of it works.
Due to LMGs being rapid fire weapon and rifles not so much, there is almost always overkill involved for all squads that use LMGs+rifles.

+ They are cheaper and beat volks at long range out of cover at 4 men and at all ranges in cover

While its better then it used to be, OKW will still outnumber brits and spio+volk stand a better chance at win then pair of current tommies.
18 Oct 2019, 10:52 AM

It's simple people only want to spam is, when uc is still the best early LV and vicker now suppress same as mg 42
18 Oct 2019, 11:16 AM

It's simple people only want to spam is, when uc is still the best early LV and vicker now suppress same as mg 42

There is a 10k 1v1 tourney coming up. If UKF was as good as you claim people would use them and spam the (according to you) great Vickers and UC to win. The top 1v1 players do anything to get the edge over their opponent, I am sure they don't care if they have to use Infantry Sections or combined arms to win.

And btw, there is too much focus on the DPS changes. The most important change is the RA nerf which applies to all veterancy levels and doesn't care about whether or not you have Brens equipped.

Also what makes you think the Vickers suppresses as good as the MG42? :loco:
18 Oct 2019, 11:28 AM

Also what makes you think the Vickers suppresses as good as the MG42? :loco:

IKR, it was a 2% buff, less than most bulletins. Saying Vickers has MG42 suppression now is biggest exaggeration of 2019.
18 Oct 2019, 11:37 AM

This topic is exactly why the Lend Lease Assault Regiment exists...
18 Oct 2019, 11:38 AM

Try it it takes same time to suppress a unit but longer to pin

And I did not say spam mg and uc I said use them with IS and not IS spam
18 Oct 2019, 11:50 AM

And if you're about to say but but but OST. Ost has superior light vehicle timing while AEC comes around the time of a T70. There's a lot a flame halftrack can do within that time frame.

How do you only manage to get an AEC around T70 timing? It comes much earlier:
-20 + 30 + 15 + 60 = 85 fuel (120 fuel with bolster)

Compared to FHT with T1:
-20 + 10 + 40 + 20 + 30 = 80 fuel (70 fuel with T1 skip)

Compared to T70 with T1:
-20 + 10 + 85 + 70 = 145 fuel (150 with T2)

If you struggle against FHT you should get bolster a bit later. It's Soviets who should fear the FHT because the gap between the T70 and FHT is a much bigger 3-4 minute gap.
18 Oct 2019, 13:50 PM

UKF has a history of being a faction with massive holes in it that relies on a few batshit OP crutch units.

What I don't understand is why Relic thinks UKF can survive without these overpowered crutches and without one of the three pillars of the game's infantry combat: indirect fire.

LLAR fills the holes in the roster, but then you're playing a complete faction against a complete faction with a commander.

UKF needs a nondoctrinal indirect fire solution that's viable in 1v1. Else they're playing Rock Paper Scissors without Paper.
18 Oct 2019, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2019, 13:50 PMLago
UKF has a history of being a faction with massive holes in it that relies on a few batshit OP crutch units.

What I don't understand is why Relic thinks UKF can survive without these overpowered crutches and without one of the three pillars of the game's infantry combat: indirect fire.

LLAR fills the holes in the roster, but then you're playing a complete faction against a complete faction with a commander.

UKF needs a nondoctrinal indirect fire solution that's viable in 1v1. Else they're playing Rock Paper Scissors without Paper.

Sure, increase 1.5x the range of the mortar pit and give it 0.75x the rate of fire, then limit it to only one on the field and give it a bit more durability and better brace.

Doesn’t have to be a mortar like everyone else, the pit can be the solution if it’s tuned appropriately.
18 Oct 2019, 14:36 PM

Sure, increase 1.5x the range of the mortar pit and give it 0.75x the rate of fire, then limit it to only one on the field and give it a bit more durability and better brace.

Doesn’t have to be a mortar like everyone else, the pit can be the solution if it’s tuned appropriately.

sure, why not, then axis will screaming about how their indirect cant reach the pit while it barraging their front. as far as i know, only LEIG have the equal barrage range with pit, if x1,5 range include auto fire range then you already success in bringing back the cancer.
18 Oct 2019, 14:44 PM

That'd only be suitable for laney 2v2s and 4v4s.

Emplacements have the fundamental problem of not being able to retreat. That means any lost engagement at the emplacement means a lost emplacement.

There are only two types of fighting emplacement that work well in this game.
  • Easily destroyed, dirt cheap emplacements you can afford to lose because you will regularly.
  • Emplacements that don't contest territory. It doesn't matter if this emplacements are tough because you can win the game without taking them out.

The mortar pit just doesn't work well as a design, and no amount of buffing will fix that.
18 Oct 2019, 15:06 PM

picking brits is risky in 1v1, compared to other factions, they just lack certain tools, before it was snare, now they got em, honestly all they need now is mortar squad and they will be viable. RN they have to rely on mortar pit or tommies arty call in, its just costly, risky and time consuming just to dislodge an mg42.
18 Oct 2019, 15:16 PM

Make pit cost 180 mp but 1 mortar and 1/3 of up

Then another 180 mp to be like now
18 Oct 2019, 16:52 PM

This is from skturger on the Coh2 Discord. I do not claim any of his words as mine but it is still pretty much spot on.

"If I pay fuel for an upgrade to mainline infantry they shouldn't still suck
Make bolster free with an 40 fuel platoon if you want them to suck that badly
The ostheer vs brit matchup is problematic
You have the grens being in comparison
Good out of cover
So they can flank the slow to setup vickers
The slightly quicker mg42 is not going to be effectively flankable by a unit that treats grey cover like red
Ostheer has easy access to a snare which the Brits do not
the AEC is great but so are tellers and Paks. And the vision on the 222 is incredible. Brits are forced into the AEC to counter a cheap 222
Which drags their tech against the already snowbally Ostheer
And Brits sniper is still worse since aim time(iirc)
Both are weak to snipers and Ostheer gets theirs first and has an advantage in a counter snipe(as small as it is)
Everything is uphill until Churchill imo"
18 Oct 2019, 16:56 PM

and on life support in 2v2?

Out of curiosity, any proof (a good amount of personal experience playing 2v2s counts) for that? Because I play UKF in 3v3s and they are still very strong in team games. I personally haven't really noticed a difference since the patch (quite the opposite actually, as their lategame got a pretty decent buff because Comets are good now) except I'll have to get Brens a bit more often. I still see plenty of UKF players in 3v3s.
18 Oct 2019, 17:04 PM

How do you only manage to get an AEC around T70 timing? It comes much earlier:
-20 + 30 + 15 + 60 = 85 fuel (120 fuel with bolster)

Compared to FHT with T1:
-20 + 10 + 40 + 20 + 30 = 80 fuel (70 fuel with T1 skip)

Compared to T70 with T1:
-20 + 10 + 85 + 70 = 145 fuel (150 with T2)

If you struggle against FHT you should get bolster a bit later. It's Soviets who should fear the FHT because the gap between the T70 and FHT is a much bigger 3-4 minute gap.

I said before: ">t2 into Aec without buying any side tech to boost the only poor ass infantry you have availble then I'd say that situation is unrealistic."

Bolster is a requirement vs both Ost and OKW and so is in a lesser extent grenades but for the sake of fuel costs let's not mention side tech as that would clearly would be more fuel advantage to the halftrack. (You also should add the M3 clowncar fuel cost to Soviet T1)

I've witnessed Expertbaoling go 2 sections > Uc > t2 > engineer start in order to skip bolster for a bit.

The most common build right now is 3 sections > Vickers > bolster > Uc or another Is > T2

Holding with sections without bolster in the early game is a well crafted dream.

Soviets have a much stronger anti light vehicle game with access to > At rifles Penals, Guards infantry, Conscrip Oorah Snares, calling light at gun, ealier mine placement timeframe. The t70 also acts as anti infantry shock unit and not as a true light vehicle counter.

Please do tell me what anti light options Brits have that's plentiful.

18 Oct 2019, 17:11 PM

Out of curiosity, any proof (a good amount of personal experience playing 2v2s counts) for that? Because I play UKF in 3v3s and they are still very strong in team games. I personally haven't really noticed a difference since the patch (quite the opposite actually, as their lategame got a pretty decent buff because Comets are good now) except I'll have to get Brens a bit more often. I still see plenty of UKF players in 3v3s.

I played plenty of UKF in the last days and also faced them with OKW. Top 50 2v2.

They are weak overall. Had plenty of stomps even against top 30 players. They are still good vs OKW on open maps like Crossing but no chance on most maps especially against Falls.
18 Oct 2019, 17:15 PM

Lend Lease, with the popularity of heavy tank doctrines, is a bit risky but yes it plugs a lot of the early holes in the doctrine with the assault sections. Now only if Tank Hunter sections were bundled as an upgrade too.

The best adaption of the British meta I've seen by spectating ladder game and casts is: Tatical support or Vanguard operations.

Tatical support grants dirt cheap AT guns and Mortars and skillplane call ins later.

Vanguard support grands commandos and croc in the same doctrine alberit at a massive cost. It also has a skillplane callin that can actually match Axis skillplanes.

18 Oct 2019, 17:28 PM

IS beats green and volks perfectly fine without bolster no need for it until mid late game
18 Oct 2019, 17:56 PM

IS beats green and volks perfectly fine without bolster no need for it until mid late game

Only when camping cover, anywhere else, they cant, so they cant attack.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight