I am starting to wonder if my strategy is just too long and drawn out. It seems like every match I play with this strategy against a halfway decent opponent becomes a ridiculously long and stressful match.
I don't 1v1 much though so maybe this just comes with the territory.
Things I took away from this/what I could have done better:
- In my guide I say "Don't put your Flak Truck in front of your Battlegruppe truck! I ignored my own advice and paid for it. It dies to an AT gun quickly.
- I was weak and called in Fallscrimjagers in dangerous positions out of desperation. Bad moves that earned me nothing.
- The Infantry Support Gun was killer useful (vet 5 le.IG!?) but you can see the clear weakness of the OKW vs Heavy Machine Guns in this game. The .50 Cal completely shuts me down for so long. le.IG is just too inaccurate to be relied upon for anti-MG. Obersoldaten can some times rush down such positions but my avarice with my Flak Truck + Leaning on Fallscrimjagers means I never get an Obersoldaten out.
- Walking Stuka is such a gamble right now. I think it helped but it's hard to protect. I dunno what else to do against .50 Cals though.
- Jadgpanzer remains useful and you can see it thorugh many games.
- The only reliable AT you ever get as OKW is Volks with Shrecks.