Every Saturday from now on until the end of the year, four players will participate in a tournament for a small prize on a SMC map using the Dynamic Commander Mod, to showcase the works of the SMC Team and skill of the pros.
Mod discussion featuring top player Talisman and SMC Staff, Tric & Ragnar;
So how can you participate? What’s the rules? Comin‘ right up:
The four best players will be selected after the sign ups have closed. Those four players will compete in the tournament, unless they have played in the week prior to give everyone who signs up a chance to play. This tournament will also help with seeding for the coming seasons of SMC, more info below on dates.
First the players will do a coin toss. The winner of the coin toss chooses to either pick the map or pick the faction first. Obviously, if the winner of the coin toss chooses to pick the faction, the loser gets the map pick and vice versa. Before picking the factions, the opponents will pick the map. In the first round this means you automatically are tied 0-0 and do a coin toss.
Map Vetoes and Faction Selection
- Game 1: Coin toss winner chooses either the map OR faction first.
Then coin toss loser chooses their faction AND chooses the map if one is not yet picked. Then the coin toss winner chooses their faction if he hasn't chosen one yet.
- Game 2: players swap Allied/ Axis and play same map as G1. The player that chose faction in game 1 second, now chooses his faction first.
- Game 3: VP leader chooses faction first on a map that has not been played
in set preference order of map 1, map 2, map 3, map 4 or map 5 as shown in map pool.
- Lateness can result in VP penalties or worse, and are decided by the referees/organizers.
- Players are required to schedule their series on their own time (as long as it is before the deadlines posted here [link] after the brackets go live.
- Match fixing is not allowed
- Please restart CoH2 before any tournament game activity, and close external programs before playing, to avoid crashes.
- Bugsplats: If there is a bugsplat within 7 minutes the game will be replayed, unless there happened something very special. In this case the referees/organizers make a decision of what will happen. If there is a bugsplat after 7 minutes the referees/organizers will do either one of these things:
- If both teams agree, the game will be replayed.
- If both teams don't agree to replay and if there is a clear winner according to the referees/organizers, this player will be given the win. In case there isn't a clear winner the referees/organizers will make a decision of what is going to happen.
However, the player that bugsplatted has to screenshot the crash with windows time/date showing! If this doesn't happen within 5 minutes the referees/organizers are allowed to give the win to the team that didn't bugsplat.
- If there is any sign of cheating during the games, contact the referees/organizers. They will decide what happens.
- Reporting that your series was played in the SMC discord! Referees/organizers will insert the scores on challonge after they are cast on Sunday, the website on which the brackets will be viewable as well. The links to the brackets will be given after the sign-ups ended and before the tournament starts!
It is up to the players who upload the matches, and must be notified in the SMC discord to a referee. Upload all games to discord.
- In the event that only one player shows up for check-ins for a round, that player is awarded with a bye, and the opposing player will be replaced with a reserve if one is available.
- 500 VP
- No commander or faction bans
- Fixed starting positions (Allies 1 | Axis 2)
- Bulletins are allowed
- Mirror matches are banned!
- Observer mode: 3 min delay, no password
There will be a rotation of the maps every week, and the players will be notified via the discord, the maps that will be included are:
- Ladoga Karelia
- Port Nazaire
- Rattay Ruins
- South Alblasswerwaard
- Rechnaya Pereprava
- St. Omer Airfield
- Verman River
- Uuras Kirkkoniemi
- Operation Infatuate
Entire map collection
The signups for this will never be closed, but applicants for each week will only be considered eligible if they signup the Friday before the Saturday Showdown at before close at 8:00 EST. A bracket will be posted by 9:00 EST on the SMC discord.
To convert time zones, have a look on this site!
If you want to sign up for this tournament, you need to include the following information and follow the steps precisely:
Here are links to sign up, join the SMC Discord, and to join the SMC Steam Group.
The point system will be used to help seed the players who are participating in the qualifiers in the coming months and for the wildcard tournament before the Grand Finals, however due to the smaller nature of the tournament the points rewarded (in comparison to the Seasonal Qualifiers) will be far less.
- 1st: 3
- 2nd: 2
- 3rd and below: 0
If you want to support this tournament, you can donate to Seasonal Map Cup or you can Subscribe via twitch here, while also getting an emote and sub badge in chat.
You need a valid Paypal account to receive the money from the prize pool, so if you do not have a Paypal account, make sure to create one before entering this tournament!
The prize pool for the Saturday Showdown will be as follows:
- 1st Place: 10USD
If we surpass our weekly fundraising goal (50USD), the prize pool will be increased to compensate for the communities generosity. The remainder that is not used will be used to fund the Seasonal Qualifier that the Saturday Showdown takes place in.
Games will be casted each Saturday by Tric over on the main tournament channel Seasonal Map Cup and potentially by d0ggy and HardyStyled, each in their own language and can be found on each channel respectively:
If you want to know when the games are being broadcast, then please follow the above channels on twitch and keep an eye on the ticker of COH2.ORG on the days the games are played!
If there are any things that are unclear during or about the tournament, speak with the organizers. They will look at the problem and make a decision. Be aware that their decision is final! If you have any other questions, you can always PM Tric. Communicating to a referee/organizer during the tournament can be done by messaging Currahee, Ishtari, or Shadowlink.
FAQ Regarding Dynamic Mod
FAQ Regarding Dynamic Mod